Finally did 400+lb for the DL...

185kg(407lb) which is about 2XBW for a single-totally raw(no belt,no straps,no suits),double overhand,barefooted…

Aiming for a 200kg(440lb) by end of September.

Here is also a 120kg(264lb) front squat.

Aiming for a 3 plater(145kg) by end of September as well.

Is a 5 plater(507lb) DL realistic by Christmas? Or New Year’s Eve?

Woah

Double overhanded is impressive. Is there a reason you don’t use mixed grip or do you just not need to?

Unless you just now started lifting, I would say no way are you going to get 20 lbs. a month for 5 months on your deadlift. 440, possibly, but if you are just now pulling 407, 500 is asking a whole lot.

[quote]LiftSmart wrote:
Woah

Double overhanded is impressive. Is there a reason you don’t use mixed grip or do you just not need to?[/quote]

Used to do mixed grip until I switched gyms.

The owner of the new gym advised me to use the double overhand(DOH).

At that point in time,I could hit 120kg(264lb) with a mixed grip.

When I switched to the DOH,it was a really humbling experience as I had to drop to using only a plate on the bar(135lb)

Anyway,here is my gym owner doing 205kg(452lb) with DOH hook grip.

[quote]Ryan P. McCarter wrote:
Unless you just now started lifting, I would say no way are you going to get 20 lbs. a month for 5 months on your deadlift. 440, possibly, but if you are just now pulling 407, 500 is asking a whole lot.[/quote]

Actually,I started regular deadlifting only start of last month(1st week of June)

I barely did 3 plates(140kg/309lb) for a single then.Been adding 5kg(11lb) or 10kg(22lb)weekly.

Of course the 100lb increase is “beginners’gains”,I guess.

I will just milk my beginners’ gains for as long as possible.

[quote]LiftSmart wrote:
Woah

Double overhanded is impressive. Is there a reason you don’t use mixed grip or do you just not need to?[/quote]

looks like a hook grip. good lifts for both

I have just started using the hook grip as well for deads. Although for maximals I note how much I can hook till then go alternate to when trying like 110% when hook fails.

Just wondering,what’s the difference in pulling figures between your DOH grip and mixed grip?

For me its about 80 pounds.

[quote]Doenitz79 wrote:
Just wondering,what’s the difference in pulling figures between your DOH grip and mixed grip?[/quote]

40lbs

Nice lifts man, your getting a lot stronger.

Red light

[quote]Doenitz79 wrote:
185kg(407lb) which is about 2XBW for a single-totally raw(no belt,no straps,no suits),double overhand,barefooted…

Aiming for a 200kg(440lb) by end of September.

Here is also a 120kg(264lb) front squat.

Aiming for a 3 plater(145kg) by end of September as well.

Is a 5 plater(507lb) DL realistic by Christmas? Or New Year’s Eve?[/quote]

Great progress man, my DL also went up very quickly from 300 to 400 (8 months, maybe less) but has slowed a lot since then.

And as others have said, I would pull mixed, you will be MUCH stronger. But great grip to pull 400 double-overhand.

Solid lift man! I wish I could deadlift like that, I cant get more then 325 past my knees… even though im squatting 330-340. It’s probably a upper back problem.