T Nation

Finally Decided to Join the Nation

I have been reading the articles and other resources from T-Nation since January. I have finally decided to join the nation and no longer be a lurker and introduce myself.

Height: 5'10
Weight: 190 lbs
BF: I'm guessing 15%

As far as my training background goes, throughout high school I played soccer and swam. Never really lifted weights except for a few occasions during high school. During those few occasions I can only really remember benching and doing squats, lunges, and step ups when I sprained my knee for rehab.

Since graduating I've been playing intramural sports and the occasional pickup basketball game.

I started lifting weights around March this year and haven't really stuck to one program per se. But I've decided to just pick a program and stick with it for at least 5 months. I've actually bought Wendler's 5/3/1 book and will definitely be starting to follow it.

My maxes are as follows:
Bench press: 245 lbs
Squat: 275 lbs
Military press: 165 lbs
Deadlift: 335 lbs
Chin up: BW+60 lbs
T-bar row: 4 plates

Obviously my goal is to get stronger and bigger, but leaning more towards bodybuilding.

Btw I have a power rack in my garage at home.

Comments and feedback are welcome.

comments and feedback on what?

Sorry I just realized there isn't anything to comment or give feedback on.

Although I'm wondering if there any substitutes for things like whey for those that are lactose intolerant?

Comments on how awesome he is, duh.

OP... you're awesome.

Such a comment means that you're awesome haha

oh i get it, and feedback to become MORE awesome?

YOU DA MAN!!!

Congrats on the 335lbs dead lift after 5 months of training. In a year you should be lifting 700.

I don't approve of your sarcasm.
If you're not going to give feedback on his awesome-ness, you sir, need to leave.

ahaha this kid is never comin back.

^^Ah man, I was trying to avoid that.
I let the 5 month progress slide, for the sake of having a friend :frowning:

Bye-bye Ex-Potential Friend OP sir.

I was actually hoping to break Andy Bolton's deadlift record by my 21st birthday. But I guess 700 will have to do.

look nikki, hes back!

this forum has a lot of ups and downs. whew.

I hate you........training longer than you and i'm weaker. Atleast i'm training properly now :slight_smile:

How did you get to those lifts so quickly- just out of interest?

BTW i don't actually hate you :slight_smile:

Phew, what a relief. I'm sure glad you don't hate me.

As for how my lifts supposedly went up so quickly, I'm going chalk that up to beginner gains.