Final Exam Blues

Just wondering anyone else on quarters and have finals yet. I am pulling my hair out trying to write a paper and study for finals. So far this week I have managed to browse T-Nation, read the news, go to the gym, do my laundry but I just can’t get in the mood to study.

Exams… damn, I guess they’re coming soon! I didn’t realize it, but I think most of my exams are in like two or three weeks.

Thanks for the thread dude, I’ve some damn studying to do.

I miss school.

You… MISS school? Are you insane?

Well, I guess that might be normal if you, you know, actually enjoyed any part of it.

I definitely feel your pain, 1porsche. Exams in two weeks… handing in all those huge assignments, as is customary at the end of the semester… I’d rather be anywhere but here. Time to stock up on sleeping pills and stimulants.

[quote]1porsche wrote:
Just wondering anyone else on quarters and have finals yet. I am pulling my hair out trying to write a paper and study for finals. So far this week I have managed to browse T-Nation, read the news, go to the gym, do my laundry but I just can’t get in the mood to study. [/quote]

Go to your school’s library or somewhere else on campus you can get some silence and study. Puting myself in a study situation away from my apartment helps me get my work done accurately and I retain more from the materal. Aparments and dorm rooms are just distractions.

Ughhh. don’t remind me. My first exam is on the 26th and my last one is on the 11th of December. I’ve gotta start studying soon. However I also have to watch tv, watch 3 seasons of Heroes, eat, go to the gym, do laundry, go out on weekends, celebrate my birthday, vacuum, edit my line ups on yahoosports, and watch my detroit red wings.

I don’t have enough time to study!!

Hahahaha!

T-Nation is my online time-waster that makes me look like I’m reading something really important when I’m supposed to be studying.

The only thing that can make me focus is everything off but the desk lamp and a cup of green tea. I have no idea why the green tea helps me focus so much… I bet it’s all in my head like a placebo but I won’t let anyone tell me that.

Any music yall prefer to listen to while studying? Or are yall quiet studiers?

[quote]bulldogtor wrote:
Hahahaha!

T-Nation is my online time-waster that makes me look like I’m reading something really important when I’m supposed to be studying.

The only thing that can make me focus is everything off but the desk lamp and a cup of green tea. I have no idea why the green tea helps me focus so much… I bet it’s all in my head like a placebo but I won’t let anyone tell me that.

Any music yall prefer to listen to while studying? Or are yall quiet studiers?[/quote]

I used to go to the library and bring my ipod with some pink floyd playing.

I couldn’t focus at my house… too many distractions and temptations with the roomies partying.

I have thousands of essays due soon and a bunch of exams in two weeks. And… I’m typing this on my laptop in class. I should really start paying attention.

[quote]Drizzt wrote:
1porsche wrote:
Go to your school’s library or somewhere else on campus you can get some silence and study. [/quote]

seems like anytime i go to the silent section in my library even though they have signs in both english and chinese, you get some fruity ass ringtone and someone almost yelling in chinese every 5 minutes, I mean god damn how hard is it too put your phone on silent then walk out into the hall too talk on your phone. I’m not trying too be racist but every god damn time its an asian person that does this.

I am in the same boat, I have exams on dec 9 and 17. The smart thing to do would be to start reviewing right now, but even after 4 years its amazing how I still leave everything to the last minute.

[quote]jtg987 wrote:
Drizzt wrote:
1porsche wrote:
Go to your school’s library or somewhere else on campus you can get some silence and study.

seems like anytime i go to the silent section in my library even though they have signs in both english and chinese, you get some fruity ass ringtone and someone almost yelling in chinese every 5 minutes, I mean god damn how hard is it too put your phone on silent then walk out into the hall too talk on your phone. I’m not trying too be racist but every god damn time its an asian person that does this.

[/quote]

I hate that crap. My school’s library has 4 floors, yesterday I was studying up for an exam and I had to keep going from floor to floor to find a true “quiet area”. Too many chatty bitches yapping about how wasted they got on Friday, and how much they hate their friends. I swear, college chicks have to be the fucking dumbest people on Earth.

Other than that, the school library is a great place to study, especially if you can get a nice secluded area with a big table facing a window.

[quote]ab_power wrote:
I am in the same boat, I have exams on dec 9 and 17. The smart thing to do would be to start reviewing right now, but even after 4 years its amazing how I still leave everything to the last minute. [/quote]

x2

T-Nation, youtube, and google: my main barriers to getting shit done.

Dec 8 I start the two weeks of hell that end every semester. Go mechanical engineering. /cry

Does your library have quiet rooms? Mine were usually always reserved during exam times, but it’s worth a shot. I found the library to be the worst place to study during exam time. Do you have access to other buildings? That would be your best bet.

Don’t bring your laptop unless it is necessary (i.e. writing your paper). Spend as little time as possible in your house/apartment/dorm room. Shower, change, eat, leave. I find once I sit down at the computer, 10 minutes turns into 30 turns into an hour wasted.

Wake up early. Laundry can wait (sometimes). For me, training and eating are the two things I keep up during exam time. Everything else, more or less, goes out the window.

[quote]bulldogtor wrote:

Any music yall prefer to listen to while studying? Or are yall quiet studiers?[/quote]

Led Zeppelin, Jaheim, Brian Mcknight, Keith Sweat. They all calm the hell out of me.

I don’t think I have ever studied for any test except for the ones that force me to learn vocab verbs. Tell us how studying goes though.

[quote]engerland66 wrote:

Don’t bring your laptop unless it is necessary [/quote]

Golden advice. I see too many first years studying with their laptops out on their desk. Pretty much just end up studying for 20 min, then youtube/facebook for 4 hours

I have a test on the Russian and Chinese revolutions tomorrow. I then have a biology test on wednesday. My finals aren’t for three weeks, though. But when the do come I have four of them. So I too, feel your pain.