Final Checklist for First Cycle

Hey Guys: Starting my first cycle on Tuesday morning and I just wanted to run my final checklist past all you guys so you can yell and me and give me advice if Ive f*cked up on any of the preparation. I have gotten a boatload of great advice, about a zillion PMs and I could not have pulled this together without a site like this to learn from.

Can you let me know what you think one final time? If I get the balls, tonight Im going to take a before shot so in the end I will have a comparison. T-minus three days and counting.
LittleRunt

CYCLE START TUESDAY, APRIL 8, 2008
(Keep in mind I’m 5’7", 169lb, 11%BF, 34yo, been training hard (very hard) for five years.)

(Also, I did plan to kick with Dbol, but since switching to Test Prop most people have told me NOT to use it. Came across some Winny (dropper), and although some people have said use it at 50mg EOD during the last four weeks with the Prop, I will probably just use the Test by itself.)

Week 1-12
Testosterone Prop
150mg EOD

Week 3-12
Arimidex .25 EOD (begin use/adjust dosage as/if needed)

TEST STASIS/TAPER

Week 12-16
Test Prop
30mg EOD
Taper off of Arimidex if using

Week 17-20
Test Prop Taper
Wk 17 30mg EOD
Wk 18 20mg EOD
Wk 19 10mg EOD
Wk 20 5mg EOD

Week 17-20
Nolvadex
20mg ED

SUPPLEMENTS

Multivitamin ED
Fish Oil ED
BCAAs during workouts
Glutamine pre/post workout
Possibly ZMA

NUTRITION
Im 5ft7in, 169lb, 11%BF. 34yo. Some have counseled me to try for about 4500 calories a day. Most others have said that at my current (small-ish) size Id probably end up storing a lot of fat if I go much above 3800 calories. I could try to add a low-fat mass builder (1000cal) shake to push things up past 4000, but then its the extra carbs I worry about. This is the part I am most unsure about.

3500-3800 calories per day
250-300g protein (55%)
150-200g carbohydrates (35%)
50-60g fat (10%)

WORKOUTS

5xs week compound exercises, with a few isolations via machine. Low reps, high weight. Workouts usually run about an hour and twenty mins, not including cardio. Trying to focus lately on decreasing my rest between sets, although that gets steadily more difficult the heavier the weight gets. Cardio is medium to high intensity for 30-40minutes 4xs a week.

Monday Legs, forearms
Tuesday Shoulders, cardio
Wednesday Back, cardio
Thursday Chest
Friday Arms, cardio
Saturday Yoga, cardio
Sunday rest

Occasionally I will skip the cardio/yoga on Saturdays and pick a muscle group to hit one extra time.

Nervous. Excited. Is it Tuesday yet? Anyway, please let me know if things seem off-kilter in any way. I am definitely still open to suggestions. LR

Maybe get some ZMA i have seen some threads where people have reported better cycles with that due to its anabolic properties when your asleep.
But again i cannnot verify its authenthicity
Be starting on Thurssday myself, wish you the best of luck and a safe cycle :slight_smile:

More fats.

If you seem to be bloating up a bit, you may want to cut the carbs down or cycle them.

I think you may need to hit all your muscle groups more than once a week… but it’s your deal.

Good luck.

I would suggest lowering your dosage in the stasis period of the taper. 50mg/eod will put you well above the recommended 100mg/week. Perhaps 30mg eod would be better suited.

Why are you using prop for that long? Why cant you jumpstart your cycle with 20mgs of D-bol?

I think choosing prop for your first go was an awful decision.

Some people can’t handle prop pain at all and if you’re one of them, well, there goes your cycle.

[quote]p-dub wrote:
Why are you using prop for that long? Why cant you jumpstart your cycle with 20mgs of D-bol?[/quote]

Methinks littlerunt is using prop for a bulk cycle, even if it’s primarily used for a cutting cycle.

Prop is fast acting - 2,3 days and the stuff will kick in. Why use Dbol?

It really begs the question why use Dbol at all? Just start your cycle with a prop/enanthate blend, fading the prop out and the enan in over a four week period. (ie: 75/25, 50/50, 50/50, 25/75, 0/100).

Sorry for the hijack, runt.

[quote]2thepain wrote:
I would suggest lowering your dosage in the stasis period of the taper. 50mg/eod will put you well above the recommended 100mg/week. Perhaps 30mg eod would be better suited. [/quote]

I would second this. This was the only thing that jumped out at me when reviewing. You want to manipulate your dosages to get a maximum of 100mg/80mg/60mg/40mg/20mg/20mg (or something close to that) per week, during the taper period.

Looks good, otherwise.

My other advice would be to test out the Test Prop. Some brands are pretty much painless, many are a real… pain.

Also, is there a reason you’re using Prop instead of Test E or Test C, where you could inject only twice a week? That’s a lot less injections over a 12 week period!

And most Test E or C are painless. It’s hard to keep pinning every other day, especially if you can have other options.

[quote]kroby wrote:
p-dub wrote:
Why are you using prop for that long? Why cant you jumpstart your cycle with 20mgs of D-bol?

Methinks littlerunt is using prop for a bulk cycle, even if it’s primarily used for a cutting cycle.

Prop is fast acting - 2,3 days and the stuff will kick in. Why use Dbol?

It really begs the question why use Dbol at all? Just start your cycle with a prop/enanthate blend, fading the prop out and the enan in over a four week period. (ie: 75/25, 50/50, 50/50, 25/75, 0/100).

Sorry for the hijack, runt.[/quote]

D-bol Would be a great addition even with a low dose like 20mgs. Especially if hes bulking. Test is great alone add some d-bol and its even better.

Well, to be honest I was going to use Test E, but switched to Test Prop when my Test E became unavailable until July. So, Prop it is. If things get painful I could cut it to an 8 week cycle, although I don’t want to have to do that my first time out. Also, if my Test E becomes available quicker I could switch midway I assume?

Also, you guys are correct - I’ll adjust my stasis period so that it’s at 100mg/week.

I do have Dbol, but so many people have said that the Prop will kick in fast enough on its own - as opposed to the Test E - so I shouldn’t bother with the Dbol on my first cycle. There seems to be a debate on using it to kickstart with Prop, but I’m tempted just to let my body react to the Test and see what happens. I got some Winny (dropper) by chance, and a friend advised that I use it during the last four weeks at 50mg EOD, but I most likely will just see how the test feels and run nothing else.

Actually, I had no idea Prop was used for cutting - first I’d heard of that. I’m at 170 (barely) and I’d like to gain about 15-20 pounds that I can keep on. Over the last five years I’ve gained about 30lb naturally, so I’m betting that my first cycle can push me to around 185-190. EAT. WORKOUT. SLEEP. PIN. That’s my mantra over the next 12 weeks…LR

lr

why do you do some much cardio? I’d drop that personally and biasedly if thats a word.

I also think you need to at least double your fat intake. Good fats of course like fish oil can make up half your increase.

finally I think 12 weeks is long for a prop rookie cycle. I’d make it 8 and evaluate from their for cycle 2

I’ve been a cardio freak my whole life, have only recently (last fall) stopped doing it twice a day. F.R.E.A.K. So, I’m realizing it’s counterproductive. I end up using it as a stress reliever. Regardless, I’m DEFINITELY going to cut back from the cardio. LOTS of people have said I should do 2-3 times a week, medium intensity, for about 30 minutes. So that’s what I’m going to do. When I was doing cardio twice a day, it took me two years to gain 15 pounds. When I finally stopped doing that I gained 15 pounds in eight months!!! YES!

The Prop cycle time length may shorten, but I’ve had about a 50/50 split on guys telling me to shorten it/keep it the same. I’d really like to run it 12 week and see what it feels like in my body - but if the pinning drives me crazy I may cut it short.

Starting in two days…LittleRunt

Actually, stopping at 8 weeks then evaluating for a second cycle is making sense to me now, too. Thinking about that…LR