T Nation

Filling BCAAs Into Gel Caps

I’m wondering if anyone here has any experience with filling BCAA powders into empty gel caps. In essence I’m most interested in what size gel cap is ideal (I imagine 00 or 000, but I have no experience with those actual sizes).

I’m planning on taking 2g quantities 4 times per day (as per Berardi’s suggestion) and I don’t relish having to dump the crap on my tongue and wash it down. I know this stuff is not very dense, so I’m wondering if any of those sizes of gel cap could hold 0.5 - 1g of it, ideally.

[quote]P.Rico wrote:
I’m wondering if anyone here has any experience with filling BCAA powders into empty gel caps. In essence I’m most interested in what size gel cap is ideal (I imagine 00 or 000, but I have no experience with those actual sizes).

I’m planning on taking 2g quantities 4 times per day (as per Berardi’s suggestion) and I don’t relish having to dump the crap on my tongue and wash it down. I know this stuff is not very dense, so I’m wondering if any of those sizes of gel cap could hold 0.5 - 1g of it, ideally.[/quote]

You can buy BCAA’s already in gel caps.

Yes, I could’ve bought them in gel caps or chelated pills, but instead I bought a tub of powder.

[quote]P.Rico wrote:
Yes, I could’ve bought them in gel caps or chelated pills, but instead I bought a tub of powder. [/quote]

well then just man up and take em by the spoon full.

Even if you do start doing this the thrill we be gone in very short order. Wadda pain in the ass.

[quote]P.Rico wrote:

I’m planning on taking 2g quantities 4 times per day (as per Berardi’s suggestion) and I don’t relish having to dump the crap on my tongue and wash it down. I know this stuff is not very dense, so I’m wondering if any of those sizes of gel cap could hold 0.5 - 1g of it, ideally.[/quote]

Can you just put in in a shake or mix it with water?