Figuring Out My Bodyfat Percentage

hello guys i am trying to follow Massive Eating PT1 by John Berardi and need to egt my eating plan started fast, is there a way i can get my average bodyfat percentage, i am a skinny 134lbs and about 5 9"-5-10", dunno if that may help but i need to get my bodyfat percentage to continue calculations, hope someone can help thanks in advance.

Try a picture, people may be able to give you a guestimate. Best method would be to go and get calipered, and please don’t use some horse shit online bodyfat estimator.

Calculations can fluctuate from day to day, meaning they aren’t acurate. The best way to judge progress is by pictures and/or measurements.

This is me at 18.5 %… I just started working out. I used a fancy scale at my house and Im not sure how accurate it is.

[quote]Hitmanhart wrote:
This is me at 18.5 %… I just started working out. I used a fancy scale at my house and Im not sure how accurate it is.[/quote]

less then 18.5

probably sub 11%

I have a fat ass so it could be right haha

those scales are useless

[quote]evansmi wrote:
those scales are useless[/quote]

More than that. They are evil.

Satan spawned electrical impedence machines out of his own murky ass hole.

Most beginners shouldn’t be concerned with a specific number anyway. It can’t possibly serve any positive purpose at that stage.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
evansmi wrote:
those scales are useless

More than that. They are evil.

Satan spawned electrical impedence machines out of his own murky ass hole.

Most beginners should be concerned with a specific number anyway. It can’t possibly serve any positive purpose at that stage.[/quote]

Although they are pretty effective if holding a shoe.

It is hard to calculate your body fat by yourself unless you are experience in using calipers. You are probably around 8%, not 18.5. Those scales are crap.

If you want to keep check of your bodyfat while bulking (which you need to do… you are very very light for your height) I find it based to just use my waist measurement as a reference. That number alone won’t tell me my bodyfat, but it is proportional to it so if I am gaining weight with minimal change in my waist, things are going well.

When I was bulking I just bought some jeans that were a few inches too larg aroudn the weiste, and kept going until I could fill then out without being a fatass. If someone tells me I should still be bulking I’m don’t want to get to far out of my weightclass, and I’m still gaining weight.

For the sake of your measurements, assume you’re at 10%. You’re probably over that, but at 140lbs, you’ll err on the side of eating more, which is where you should be.

wtheck you expect us to figure out your body fat and you still havent posted a pic where you hold up a shoe.

or try holding up 2 shoes so its more accurate