Figuring Out Macros

I decided to finally go to the forums and ask for some opinions on the topic of Macros. I am 23, 5’6, 128lb, 13.9% body fat, and getting frustrated with trying to figure things out ha ha. I am very active working out 5 days a week for 1hr- 1hr 30 mins with the goals of continuing to build muscle and burn fat.

I have calculated it to that on my rest days to be in taking 1412 calories, but it is on the days that I work out that are eluding me with the right amount of carbs I should be in taking, proteins, fat. For a while I was going off of 1.5 protein but was then told that was too high and to drop it to 1.2, though through the macros on My Fitness Pal it states other wise.

Opinions, advice? I am open to all, thank you!

I know you’re just asking about macros, but I’m going to give you some very general advice, as it’s very tough to burn fat and build muscle at the same time. You may end up spinning your wheels with this approach.

A good clean bulk, focusing on one goal at a time, seems it would be a good idea for you. You may have heard of this, but I’m going to break it down for you:

Cardio: essentially cutting cardio back to 1-2 sessions a week of sprints (2 40s, 2 100s, and 1 400) and HIIT each (should take no more than 20 minutes).

Weights/Nutrition: Increased cals which serve to help fuel muscle growth and promote recovery so you can get stronger workout to workout. Focusing on big lifts and big muscle groups is key. You can get it done in 3 or 4 sessions per week, and in less than 45 minutes ideally. Don’t waste valuable gym time and recovery calories on small muscle and isolation exercises. For protein, 1 gram per pound of bodyweight is plenty IMO, though many people have different opinions on the matter. it’s really an individual thing though.