Figuring DB Pounds to Barbell Pounds

[quote]clip11 wrote:
Polish Rifle wrote:
clip11 wrote:

Good comeback. You sure showed me. And you say I Know it all…what are you talking…and this kid will knock you the hell out…

Superhuman strength and an internet tough guy?

Go figure.

I took a shit bigger than you this morning.

You statrted it…you think im just gone sit here and let you ho me. I done been in more fights on th streets than you watched on tv. And while we on the subject…what can u do in the gym. Im guessing not much, if you spent half as much energy there as you did here trying to go hard on me, you might be able to do something.

You almost 40 years old with 7 years of training and still a fat ass (14% bf).Seven years ago I barely touched a weight. I think somebody green with envy…are you the 40 year old virgin?
You prolly got an apartment full of star wars action figures and fuckin pokeman cards like that shit cool. Talkin bout a boob feel like a sandbag…man u a sucker…[/quote]

And he Waxes his chest hairs.

[quote]clip11 wrote:
You almost 40 years old with 7 years of training and still a fat ass (14% bf). Seven years ago I barely touched a weight.
[/quote]

6’2" - 226 lbs @ 14% bodyfat is your definition of a fat ass?

Yep, you’ve got me pegged home slice.

I see you also deadlift 545 lbs now? Good to see your numbers continue to get more believable.

But I digress; you’re the same guy that’s “all muscle and bone,” right?

Move over Jevon Kearse, there’s a new freak in town.

When the hell did 14% body fat become “fat” on someone carrying a great deal of muscle mass? I would be more concerned if I was 5’11" and after 5 whole fucking years of lifting I still hadn’t broken 180lbs.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
When the hell did 14% body fat become “fat” on someone carrying a great deal of muscle mass? I would be more concerned if I was 5’11" and after 5 whole fucking years of lifting I still hadn’t broken 180lbs.

[/quote]

A voice of reason arises from the masses.

For the record clip11, I started out 7 years ago at 6’2", 170 lbs (just like you). I bulked up to 235 lbs 2 years back but decided to drop my weight to 215 for a variety of reasons.

I’m currently at 226 lbs and expect to hit 240 lbs by the end of February. No, I don’t expect to - I will.

I suppose progress and goals have no place in your world. It’s obvious that you’re already light years ahead of the rest of us when it comes to training.

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[/quote]

Fuck u guy, i was 160 and still a teen when I satred who was talkin to you anyway?

[quote]clip11 wrote:
Professor X wrote:

Fuck u guy, i was 160 and still a teen when I satred who was talkin to you anyway?[/quote]

I was 150lbs and still a teen when I started at about the same height as you. What the fuck is your point?

I don’t care who you were talking to, but you aren’t speaking to a bunch of newbies who haven’t made any progress. I passed where you are within the first YEAR of lifting. What the hell is holding you back?

Wow 145’s at your weight is really impressive. I don’t think it is that unbelievable I mean I was doing 130’s DB on flat for 9 reps at 182 lbs.

[quote]Polish Rifle wrote:
Professor X wrote:

A voice of reason arises from the masses.

For the record clip11, I started out 7 years ago at 6’2", 170 lbs (just like you). I bulked up to 235 lbs 2 years back but decided to drop my weight to 215 for a variety of reasons.

I’m currently at 226 lbs and expect to hit 240 lbs by the end of February. No, I don’t expect to - I will.

I suppose progress and goals have no place in your world. It’s obvious that you’re already light years ahead of the rest of us when it comes to training.

[/quote]

Thats good for you. Im not trying to knock you. But whats not going to happen is you trying to belittle me for asking a ? and think im just going to stand by and take it. And call me a e thug or whatever, but anything I type Id say to your face.

Im not on here talking about “you not 240 lbs…blah blah blah”. You do what you do…I do what I do.

[quote]clip11 wrote:

Thats good for you. Im not trying to knock you. But whats not going to happen is you trying to belittle me for asking a ? and think im just going to stand by and take it. And call me a e thug or whatever, but anything I type Id say to your face.

Im not on here talking about “you not 240 lbs…blah blah blah”. You do what you do…I do what I do.

[/quote]

Thanks… I may be what you consider “old,” but I bust my ass as much as guys your age do. This thread took a turn, and I realize I had something to do with that.

I’m a stand-up guy myself so I appreciate your willingness to stick up for yourself.

Good luck with your progress…

Bygones.

clip11 wrote:

Thanks… I may be what you consider “old,” but I bust my ass as much as guys your age do. This thread took a turn, and I realize I had something to do with that.

I’m a stand-up guy myself so I appreciate your willingness to stick up for yourself.

Bygones.
[/quote]

I tried to go in that direction early on but it didn’t take.

Im not interested in looking like ronnie coleman…if i ate like I was supposed to I could easily be 220 pounds and would probably have to get special made dbs.

Im a muscular 175, thats all you need to know. I can use a pair of 145s for ten at 175. Thats all you need to know. And Im happy at where I am. You may be big, but not that strong. I done seen 225 pound guys struggle with a pair of 100 lb dbs, thats what I call hollow muscle.

The ones thats trying to knock me want to be able to do what I can do but cant. So the only thing else to do is to find reasons why I cant do what I say.

I mean if Im 175 and can almost bench my bodyweight in dbs, obviously in doing something right. So if you want to get to the same level, it seems you would be asking questions about what I do, how do I do it etc., instead of trying to knock me. Ive been told i got a nice looking body. I used to box. But trying to knock me aint making you no better.

[quote]clip11 wrote:
Im not interested in looking like ronnie coleman…if i ate like I was supposed to I could easily be 220 pounds and would probably have to get special made dbs.

Im a muscular 175, thats all you need to know. I can use a pair of 145s for ten at 175. Thats all you need to know. And Im happy at where I am. You may be big, but not that strong. I done seen 225 pound guys struggle with a pair of 100 lb dbs, thats what I call hollow muscle.

The ones thats trying to knock me want to be able to do what I can do but cant. So the only thing else to do is to find reasons why I cant do what I say.

I mean if Im 175 and can almost bench my bodyweight in dbs, obviously in doing something right. So if you want to get to the same level, it seems you would be asking questions about what I do, how do I do it etc., instead of trying to knock me. Ive been told i got a nice looking body. I used to box. But trying to knock me aint making you no better.[/quote]

Dude, I’m stronger than even what you claimed. Why do you think the people speaking to you are behind you in some way?

Like I said posts ago, I don’t see this leading anywhere…but if you want to act like you’ve passed me up, you may want to slow down a bit.

clip11 wrote:

Bygones.
[/quote]

Same to you. Good luck with your progress.

What a nice thread. I better not comment.

[quote]Cephalic_Carnage wrote:
What a nice thread. I better not comment.[/quote]

Well…if u dont comment i will.This has gone for long enough.I think this clip11 guy is just a newb to training whose trying to seek attention by posting bullshit lifts and talking shit to people 10X bigger and stronger than he is.He is so insecure that he gets his satisfaction from trying to convince people he never met in his life to believe that he is strong as hell, when in reality he is weak as shit, in personality, and (most probably) in physique.That is my honest opinion, and to everyone, their own.

People who do 145 for 10 and deadlift 545 dont talk like that.Man take your bs to somewhere else and get the fuck out.

Maybe he is like Brian Witherspoon (one of DeFranco’s former athletes who now plays for the Jags…he’s in the 170’s and benches a ton for his weight.

Here he’s doing some dumbbell floor presses with 100lb dumbbells:

Reverse band 315lb bench + 80lbs of chains for a double:

Running a 4.16 40-yard dash!

Nah, I don’t think clip11 is quite this gifted after all the trash talking and inconsistencies with his posts.

[quote]Nate Dogg wrote:
Maybe he is like Brian Witherspoon (one of DeFranco’s former athletes who now plays for the Jags…he’s in the 170’s and benches a ton for his weight.

Here he’s doing some dumbbell floor presses with 100lb dumbbells:

[/quote]

100lbs dumbbells on the press are miles away from 140lbs dumbbells. It can take years for gifted lifters to make that difference.

[quote]Nate Dogg wrote:

Reverse band 315lb bench + 80lbs of chains for a double:

[/quote]

Not to detract from this masterpiece of a thread, but you do realize reverse with band presses you can handle quite a bit more weight?

Also, forgive my ignorance, but I thought it was the other way around?:

What you can do on BB bench, don’t expect to be able to do on DB bench becausde of the additional stabilizer strength needed?

Likewise, I thought if you get your DB significantly stronger, you’re BB bench would also go up?

[quote]greekdawg wrote:
Also, forgive my ignorance, but I thought it was the other way around?:

What you can do on BB bench, don’t expect to be able to do on DB bench becausde of the additional stabilizer strength needed?

Likewise, I thought if you get your DB significantly stronger, you’re BB bench would also go up?[/quote]

This is true. When it comes to topics like this, it may help to look at who is giving what advice.