Figuring DB Pounds to Barbell Pounds

Polish rifle i see you eat a special kind of diet n all. i dnt do none of that, i just lift for the hell of it. I dnt take no supplemnts no special diet…so you and ppl like you need to get off my sack round here. Ppl like you make me sick

Its guys like you thats jealous because you do everything under the sun and buy every kind of supplememt there is and still cant do half of what I post. Because if you could you wouldnt have to hate on me so tough.

So you got to hate on me to make yourself feel good about what you cant do. If I walked into a powerlifting gym and I have been in one, wasnt nobody try to hate on me. If anything they try to help you out. The guy I told you about that bench 500 he aint hatin on me cus I can do what i can do and vice versa.

But all you who see the need to try and go hard on me for something you cant do just motivate me to keep it up evn more.

Thanks to everyone who didnt see the need to hate.

OP: Your dumbell press is very impressive. I think everybody already told you there is no direct correlation to barbell bench. Hopefully the rest of your physique and athletic ability match, but if your in H.S. you should take your english courses more seriously. If not, take a basic english course at your local community college. Learning to communicate effectively will help you in every part of your life.

I type ebonics and other shortcuts in posts as well, but phrases like “done did” should not be in your vocabulary. You may not realize how much it holds you back now, but you will as you get older.

I been out of hs since 2004. I just try to shorten my typing

I have a similar build to you OP, I’m 6’ and 175-180 but I’ve been training less than 2 years and I have found that my max DB bench is 85lbs but my max BB bench is 185lbs…alright, I really think that it is like that because I don’t BB bench that often so I haven’t learned the lift properly. I also noticed that when I switch back to BB ever so often the bar is hard to stabilize right from the lift off.

I will tell you this real or fake your numbers have given me something to shoot for

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:
if you can bench 2 145 lb DBs x10 you shouldnt be in this section.

the only people ive seen put up that much weight are pro BBers or PLers. something doesnt seem right, especially considering MOST gyms dont have DBs that high.[/quote]

Agreed.

If you’ve been lifting long enough to throw up the 145s, then you probably know within 10 pounds what your max on any lift would be.

There’s also NO WAY to tell no matter how strong or weak you are. Your Dumbbell Bench could be 75% of your Barbell Bench or it could be 95%.

I would assume that if you could bench the 145lb Dumbbells, your Barbell Bench would be around 350 or 400 pounds.

[quote]Airtruth wrote:
OP: Your dumbell press is very impressive. I think everybody already told you there is no direct correlation to barbell bench. Hopefully the rest of your physique and athletic ability match, but if your in H.S. you should take your english courses more seriously. If not, take a basic english course at your local community college. Learning to communicate effectively will help you in every part of your life.

I type ebonics and other shortcuts in posts as well, but phrases like “done did” should not be in your vocabulary. You may not realize how much it holds you back now, but you will as you get older.

[/quote]

Off topic-

Airtruth, the avatar is awesome. Where the hell did you find it?

Well welcome to T-Nation. You survived the flame test but I don’t think you Ace’d it, maybe in your next thread. Maybe in your next thread.

Have you tested your max yet?

[quote]clip11 wrote:
Polish rifle i see you eat a special kind of diet n all. i dnt do none of that, i just lift for the hell of it. I dnt take no supplemnts no special diet…so you and ppl like you need to get off my sack round here. Ppl like you make me sick

Its guys like you thats jealous because you do everything under the sun and buy every kind of supplememt there is and still cant do half of what I post. Because if you could you wouldnt have to hate on me so tough.

So you got to hate on me to make yourself feel good about what you cant do. If I walked into a powerlifting gym and I have been in one, wasnt nobody try to hate on me. If anything they try to help you out. The guy I told you about that bench 500 he aint hatin on me cus I can do what i can do and vice versa.

But all you who see the need to try and go hard on me for something you cant do just motivate me to keep it up evn more.

Thanks to everyone who didnt see the need to hate.[/quote]

And know-it-all fucking kids like you make me sick too.

I have a “special diet” because I’m conscious of my intake and macro breakdown? Yeah, okay…

Your stupidity precedes you, and every time you post you prove to most of us that you’re a poser.

Keep up the good work. I look forward to watching you in the 2012 Olympics.

I got dumber by reading this thread.

“holographic charizard is rare too.” - 90’s!

[quote]poophead wrote:
Airtruth wrote:

Off topic-

[/quote]

email -fwd

[quote]poophead wrote:
Airtruth wrote:

Off topic-

[/quote]

Fwd email

yo clip11, you’re really not using your ego too well in this thread…

or, in actuality, your ego has been completely pierced by your ID as your pride has been shot.

if you do 145s at that weight, then, well, shit

but i cannot respect you for it because you dont appear to be comfortable with yourself

there is no sense in working our bodies if we do not first work our minds

p.s. consider powerlifting as a professional hobby

p.p.s. metropolis is also hiring, i believe

[quote]Polish Rifle wrote:
clip11 wrote:

Thanks to everyone who didnt see the need to hate.

And know-it-all fucking kids like you make me sick too.

I have a “special diet” because I’m conscious of my intake and macro breakdown? Yeah, okay…

Your stupidity precedes you, and every time you post you prove to most of us that you’re a poser.

Keep up the good work. I look forward to watching you in the 2012 Olympics.

[/quote]

Good comeback. You sure showed me. And you say I Know it all…what are you talking…and this kid will knock you the hell out…

[quote]clip11 wrote:

Good comeback. You sure showed me. And you say I Know it all…what are you talking…and this kid will knock you the hell out…
[/quote]

Superhuman strength and an internet tough guy?

Go figure.

I took a shit bigger than you this morning.

[quote]clip11 wrote:
[/quote]

Do it man. I got your back. We both know he’s scared.

145 DBs ain’t shit man you ready for the…

FACE SQUAT!!!

[quote]MC sp3 wrote:

FACE SQUAT!!![/quote]

I dunno what’s better, the Charizard comment or this pic.

Now don’t get me wrong, there’s a 35 year old guy who comes to my gym and busts his ass every day he’s there for 2 hours at least. It shows in his case, as he can do reps with the 110s (our highest d-bells) on the incline bench, like a 3rd set for 12 at least. He only weighs 175-180 (we’ve seen his weight).

To quote Jack Sparrow, what the OP has said is best summed up as “not probable”. Possible, sure, but the odds of a 22 year old kid doing this is well beyond the realm of probability.

And if you are serious, you might want to go show John Cena what’s up. That man’s a freak of nature, and his arms are bigger than my head.

Then again, you’re bench is only indicative of your shoulder/tricep/chest strength. How much can you deadlift? Clean? Squat? How many pullups? Dips? Etc.

[quote]Polish Rifle wrote:
clip11 wrote:

Superhuman strength and an internet tough guy?

Go figure.

I took a shit bigger than you this morning.

[/quote]

You statrted it…you think im just gone sit here and let you ho me. I done been in more fights on th streets than you watched on tv. And while we on the subject…what can u do in the gym. Im guessing not much, if you spent half as much energy there as you did here trying to go hard on me, you might be able to do something.

You almost 40 years old with 7 years of training and still a fat ass (14% bf).Seven years ago I barely touched a weight. I think somebody green with envy…are you the 40 year old virgin?
You prolly got an apartment full of star wars action figures and fuckin pokeman cards like that shit cool. Talkin bout a boob feel like a sandbag…man u a sucker…

Its all right though. When I was ten I played with action figures and was a virgin.

[quote]thefranchise_86 wrote:
MC sp3 wrote:

FACE SQUAT!!!

I dunno what’s better, the Charizard comment or this pic.

Now don’t get me wrong, there’s a 35 year old guy who comes to my gym and busts his ass every day he’s there for 2 hours at least. It shows in his case, as he can do reps with the 110s (our highest d-bells) on the incline bench, like a 3rd set for 12 at least. He only weighs 175-180 (we’ve seen his weight).

To quote Jack Sparrow, what the OP has said is best summed up as “not probable”. Possible, sure, but the odds of a 22 year old kid doing this is well beyond the realm of probability.

And if you are serious, you might want to go show John Cena what’s up. That man’s a freak of nature, and his arms are bigger than my head.

Then again, you’re bench is only indicative of your shoulder/tricep/chest strength. How much can you deadlift? Clean? Squat? How many pullups? Dips? Etc.[/quote]

My best dead was 545 pounds, I dont do cleans that often but I have done 225, as for squats I got lazy on them, Ive done 20 wide grip pullups behind the neck in a row but I was at the job just playing round with my co workers trying to see who could do the most. Ive done weighted tricep dips with 135 pounds attatched to my waist.

But what are the odds of someone winning the mega millions jackpot? Not likely, but every now and then someone comes along and wins it and everyone knows its possible.

Maybe i not 175 pounds, that just what the scale says everytime I step on it.

Sup Clip11 I’m from Detroit and have trained in Power House(Highland Park),the one in Dearborn,the Viking Gym that use to be on 8-mile years back ,the Dearborn rec and Romulus Rec also. I am aware that it is some strong guys at the Power House (Highland Park) Thats where Lenda Murray trained for awhile if Im not mistakened.

Your lifts sound Impressive as hell . I’m not hating on your lifts but anytime you wanna train and You are out in Romulus Area or Im in Your area i.m. me Bro I am always game for a balls to the wall training session ,I’m a little strong myself But Im not natural by far but if You get a chance Bro lets train a time or two My DBell Game is garbage but the bar I murda