Figure Athlete / Muscle with Attitude

[quote]GymJenn wrote:
OctoberGirl wrote:

they just had a good article on how to work on your glutes if you have “gluteal amnesia” and your quads take over on your heavy lifts.

That was a good article for man or woman

I know I am quad dominant so I take extra steps to make sure my glutes activate during my lifts

so maybe not everything is good for a guy but some is, like on here, not everything is specific to BBing or Powerlifting, but still some good info

Agreed! I have the same glute/quad issue. It was a killer building any sort of an ass for competition. The article gave me ideas I hadn’t really thought about.

As for the name… As a Figure Girl, I don’t hate the term Figure Athlete. It’s often a challenge to explain to (ignorant) people what it is, exactly we do. This term may give them something more to chew on while they are sizing me up not really listening to what I say… [/quote]

Figure Athlete is just prosaic and corporate-sounding. Like if T-Nation became ‘Competitive Bodybuilder’ instead of ‘Testosterone’. It has none of that sort of sneering, visceral, kick-ass quality I like so much. Muscle With Attitude is a fantastic name, and I always enjoyed venturing over there on the odd occasion. When I saw the name change, I immediately felt unwelcome, if that makes sense. Did you get any reason or explanation of the change?

[quote]GymJenn wrote:
dk44 wrote:
crod266 wrote:

The articles are intended for a female audience, so fuck no, why would I want to learn how to clean dishes and wash clothes?

It was funny, but I still think I want to kick your ass.
[/quote]

Agreed. I hold, you kick?

[quote]iron_siren wrote:
GymJenn wrote:
dk44 wrote:
crod266 wrote:

The articles are intended for a female audience, so fuck no, why would I want to learn how to clean dishes and wash clothes?

[/quote]

I don’t know Iron… You’ve got some KILLER LEGS!!! I’m sure they’d do some serious damage. But I like the way you think.

Vicomte- I completely get your point! Please know you’re still welcomed! Same hot chicks, just a different name.
Jenn

[quote]iron_siren wrote:
GymJenn wrote:
dk44 wrote:
crod266 wrote:

[/quote]

Is that you as the featured figure competitor? Niiice

there are some good reads!!

I do find the image content much more pleasing to the eye. The articles are helpful when it comes to addressing the needs of female athletes and often raises questions I would not even think of asking.

I also have a little crush on a few of its regular readers. :slight_smile:

I love muscle with attitude and ALWAYS read it!

Notice that all the women from FA who posted in this thread are gorgeous.

So, the point is - get yer ass over to FA and do some reading - maybe look at some pictures too - maybe. ; )

I look at some of the stuff… how to be a powerfully woman was my favorite article… I feel so empowered!!! woooh

lawl… I usually look at some of the recipes and stuff

[quote]SkyNett wrote:

[/quote]

I KNOW! It’s a good thing that avatars never lie.

I hope they put the link to Figure Athlete back on the toolbar. I liked checking over there for the articles.

I love the transformation challenges. Those ladies are awesome!

[quote]Otep wrote:
SkyNett wrote:

I KNOW! It’s a good thing that avatars never lie.[/quote]

Actually, I was going more by the fact that those avatars are backed up by numerous photos in their profiles.

[quote]dk44 wrote:
crod266 wrote:
Hey guys, I realize that Testosterone and MWA are to diffrent web sites for a reason, but does anyone read the MWA articles. i never have but im sure some people have or do.

[/quote]

Haha!

[quote]dk44 wrote:
crod266 wrote:
Hey guys, I realize that Testosterone and MWA are to diffrent web sites for a reason, but does anyone read the MWA articles. i never have but im sure some people have or do.

[/quote]

FTW mate. LMAO!

Even better, look at the beautiful ladies your comment brought out to play!

I toggle between both :slight_smile:

[quote]SkyNett wrote:
[/quote]

Yeah have you seen the avatar on that Zap Branigan girl!?

[quote]jchenky wrote:
I toggle between both :)[/quote]

And right on cue - another gorgeous t-vixen appears!

Oh Renton - I only came here because of you. :wink:

I want to see the avatar on the Zap Branigan girl - I’m going searching :smiley:

[quote]jchenky wrote:
Oh Renton - I only came here because of you. :wink:

I want to see the avatar on the Zap Branigan girl - I’m going searching :D[/quote]

I am hot.