T Nation

Fights You'd Like to See

Like just about every MMA fan, I’d like to see Fedor and Mousasi vs a bunch of UFC fighters, so will leave them out of the discussion since its so obvious.

I’m also going to leave out fights which will clearly happen such as #1 or #2 contenders vs the champ, ie Brock vs Cain or Carwin

BJ Penn vs Matt Serra- don’t know why, I just think it’d be entertaining both stand-up wise awa on the ground

Alves vs Daley - two powerful strikers, will prob happen

Crocop vs Arlovski - they’re both close to being done but still…

Jon Jones vs Couture - I wouldn’t be surprised if it happens soon, assuming Jones beats Vera

Kimbo vs Brett Rogers - they’ve already traded words

Anderson Silva vs Cung Le - the 2 most technical strikers in the sport IMO

Baroni vs Hardy- the talking alone would be priceless

Renzo or Royce vs Maia or Hazlett- old school vs new school jits

Renzo vs Serra- teacher vs student so it’ll never happen

off the top of my head.

Eddie Bravo vs Royler Gracie 2 - to shut up all the 10PJJ fan bois
Ari Bolden vs Eddie Bravo - to show who’s the real brains behind 10PJJ
Alain Ngalani vs Cro Cop - battle of the strikers
Cro Cop vs Fedor 2 (Pride rules)
Pudz vs Brock Lesnar
Lesnar vs Antonio Silva
GSP vs Anderson Silva…catch weight 180lbs

Alain Ngalani Vs Crop Cop is an interesting one. Unorthadox thai boxer Vs. predominant MMA fighter.

Would love to see Melvin Manhoeff compete in UFC. For those of you who don’t know him, check him out. A freguent on K-1 and Dream shows in Japan.

Obviously Id like to see Brock vs Fedor, Also I would Love to see Nick Diaz vs BJ Penn (He fights around middle Weight these days but he was a lightweight in Pride. Id like to see Damien Mia vs Thales Leites. And finally GSP vs Anderson Silva. I think Silva is too big for him but it would be a true super fight.

Diana Lopez vs Gina Carano under K1 rules
Cro Cop vs Pudz also under K1 rules

Nathan Corbett vs. Anderson Silva(full Muay Thai rules)

Donald Cerrone vs. Anthony Njokuani(rematch)

For Breathnach…how about Ngalani vs. Manheof?

there we go…nathan corbett vs. anderson silva…big boss knows what thats about!!!
Ngalani vs. Manhoef would be interesting as well to watch
I know everyone is gonna say jones isn’t ready…
but I can’t wait for jones vs. silva.

Jon Fitch vs. Johnny Hendricks
Maybe Sean Sherk vs. Roger Huerta
Wanderlei vs. Marquardt

[quote]MusselQuest wrote:
Jon Fitch vs. Johnny Hendricks
Maybe Sean Sherk vs. Roger Huerta
Wanderlei vs. Marquardt[/quote]

Love to see Wanderlei vs. Marquardt.

Carwin vs lesnar

Fedor vs all the heavys in the UFC

Anderson Silva vs GSP at 185, Machida and Shogun at 205

I would like to see Penn fight more but GSP has 170 on lockdown and who else is there for him at 155.Maybe Faber could go up 10 lbs and fight him.

Prof X VS. Chris Shugart.

I’d like to see:

Fitch vs Kos- cause they’re both right up there in the top 5 WW’s IMO, both have very similar skill sets, great conditioning, and I think would match up with each other very well.

Anderson Silva vs Lyoto Machida- the two least often hit fighters in the UFC along with the most accurate striker in UFC history (Silva) would make for a great technical striking chess match IMO. That, and also the fact that we probably never will see this fight actually happen since they’re close friends and training partners and I doubt that the UFC is gonna throw enough money at them to convince them to do it.

Anderson Silva vs Shogun- this fight could actually happen and again, I think it would be great to see how Anderson deals with the same Shogun who just recently got totally robbed of a win against Machida. Would Shogun be able to figure out and pick apart Anderson like he did Lyoto? Of would Anderson prove yet again that he’s just on another level striking wise than everyone else in the UFC.

I don’t know Sento, Machidas father has come out and said they need to fight and he doesn’t even know who would win. He also went on to say Anderson is more of a natural than Lyoto and that he basically knew Machida Karate without ever formally training it (the distancing footwork etc…)

Cool. Then maybe we will get to see them fight. Hopefully, no matter who wins the rematch between Shogun and Machida, we’ll get to see the winner fight Anderson for the title.

Fitch and Kos would be an epic fight, who would you give the edge to in wresting in this fight if it happens? I can see this fight happening when Fitch beats Saunders. Maby this could decide who gets next crack at GSP.

On another note, did anybody hear what went down with Thiago Alves? All I heard is that he didn’t pass the pre fight physical because they found some brain irregularity in an MRI. I’m starting to doubt if Fitch vs Alves 2 will ever happen this is the second time its been called off, first time do to injury.

They’re training partners and have said that they will only fight if it is for the title plus Kos is fighting Pual Daley.

[quote]Dave1986 wrote:
Fitch and Kos would be an epic fight, who would you give the edge to in wresting in this fight if it happens? I can see this fight happening when Fitch beats Saunders. Maby this could decide who gets next crack at GSP.
[/quote]

I’d give the wrestling advantage to Kos, but the striking and toughness advantage to Fitch. Hope you’re right about this happening if/when Fitch beats Saunders.

[quote]
On another note, did anybody hear what went down with Thiago Alves? All I heard is that he didn’t pass the pre fight physical because they found some brain irregularity in an MRI. I’m starting to doubt if Fitch vs Alves 2 will ever happen this is the second time its been called off, first time do to injury.[/quote]

Don’t know the exact details, but from what I have heard it sounds bad for Alves’ fight career. Hopefully it turns out to be less severe than current reports are making it out to be though.

I’d actually give the striking advantage to Kos…he would finish Fitch,imo.

Godzilla v. Optimus Prime

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:
I’d actually give the striking advantage to Kos…he would finish Fitch,imo.[/quote]

Really? I don’t know, how do you see him finishing him? Maybe eventually getting his back and choking him out. Other than that I don’t see him finishing Fitch. He’s not gonna KO him and no way either guy is gonna quit or gas.