Fights In the Gym?

From what you stated, there was nothing remotely racists in what she said. She probably wanted to use the piece of equipment and thought you were spending too much time on it without actually using it. I don’t know you but from what I’ve seen of people in gyms, she was probably right.

She sounds like someone I would think is awesome.

2 Likes

I’ve never seen a fight in a gym but I just missed one. I arrived and saw two regulars segregated by cops, one with a broken nose. I think the guy with the broken nose was the aggressor and was arrested but I never found out any more details.

Except A: she has never lifted any weight on the gym from what I’ve seen. B: I was in between FST-7 sets, meaning my rest period is 45 seconds.

From what you stated you sound like a prick.

4 Likes

Maybe she was sarcastically complementing your effort. Lots of possibilities other that racism.

Thanks for the compliment.

1 Like

You do seem a little sensitive.

3 Likes

Fights in the gym forum.

6 Likes

@Veteq

why is your profile pic that of a white guy ?

I hate when people fight at my gym. it hasn’t happened at this particular one, but there has been confrontations where a fight could have broken out. I absolutely hate it. totally ruins my vibe. I go to the gym to de-stress and if some jerk off is causing problems I’ll straight up call corporate and complain, don’t give a fuck.

@greenboy
What would you do if you wanted to use the smith machine and the previous person that was using it just walked in front of you leaving it loaded and you wait just next to it so that he/shes actually aware that sb else is going to start in it soon?
How your reaction would be if he/she paid no attention to you and leave it loaded? Would you be eager to take off all the weight assuming that you have already had a cycle of 4-5 exercises already?

Hahaha Ive missed fights too just by having my headphones on the whole time I’m in it🤣

Lol that sort of reminds me that one guy maybe 50-60 that has a body of a 35year old cause he uses SO MUCH steroids he looks incredible for his age,very sexy, that usually occupies a machine for half an hour or maybe 40 minutes and just stands there, talking on his phone, maybe doing 3-4 sets when he remembers but nobody had ever confronted him🤣 imagine in a commercial gym that it’s packed and he sits in a smith machine (for example) for 40 minutes lol

1 Like

People leave the machines loaded ALL THE TIME. I can’t imagine getting upset about having to move some weight around at the gym.

Especially on the smith machine.

2 Likes

As an older minority guy (albeit a different kind), I’ve learned to never jump to the racist (or antisemitic or whatever-ist) motive for what can be simply attributed to someone being an asshole.

Obviously we weren’t there to pick up on the intangibles, but, statistically speaking, there are a lot more assholes in this world than racists (although the two do overlap). I’d leave it at that for your mental well being.

She very well could be an equal opportunity bitch. Probably is.

3 Likes

Well obviously…
What I’m saying is that the exact moment the previous user leaves the s/m and you are about to enter but still he/she leaves it with the working sets on. And he/she actually passes right in front of you. You caught him/her in action I mean, that’s a different thing from find a free equipment loaded.

Considering people don’t want to work in with someone because it means they might have to gasp change weights between sets, I am sure people find the sheer idea of taking weight OFF a bar before they use it abhorrent.

Yet we (allegedly) came to the gym to lift weights…

2 Likes

Fights break out at my gym all the time. Three examples from the past month:

I ask a woman if I can take the dumbbell she is standing in front of and before I know it, the girl next to her is swinging at her.

I ask a girl if she has many sets left, soon after I hear obscenities being yelled, I turn around to see another woman trying to tear her off that piece of equipment.

I said cool bag to one woman and I suddenly hear this war cry, I look up and another woman is charging her with a barbell held like a lance.

I don’t know why this keeps happening, why it’s always woman and why it follows me around. Anyway, this new pre-workout, Always Compete with Intensity Daily, is excellent. I highly recommend it.

2 Likes

@strongmangoals
AHAHAHAHAHAHA finally I found someone with the same magnet I seem to carry around :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Who is that bad ass! She’s strong!

yeah it’s annoying for sure, and at times I kind of stare a bit at someone when they do that but like @flappinit said it happens so often that you have to deal with it.

the worst is when someone takes a bunch of dumbbells, moves them far from the dumbbell rack, and never puts them back, just leaves them on the other side of the fucking gym.

people are ridiculous.

1 Like

When that happens, I rerack them as my “conditioning” :rofl:

Yep ofc you deal with it, but it’s annoying and they SHOULD PUT THE WEIGHTS BACK AS WE DO!!

1 Like