Fights at the Gym

There is no magic in the dips-decline tricep extension combo. There are a million exercises out there, pick a combination that does not require you to have two pieces of exercise equipment available on your personal schedule. BB exercises, DBs, bands, rings, bodyweight, etc etc, pick one piece of equipment to orbit around. Or get a gym and work out at home.

[quote]zooropa1150 wrote:
Now, I do not have ANY problem with people “working in” if i am using something. However, this requires the person/people to be civilized and just ask "are you done? or “can i work in with you?” Instead, these two people just interrupted my section, to take it over. In fact, i firmly believe they were bent on just pissing me off. I don’t know, maybe i am wrong, but I do know my gym etiquette is better than 99% of the people that go to my gym.[/quote]

Since you asked- This last paragraph sums up the problem real well.
1.You have rules that you think others should follow.

2.You think it is Your section.

3.You think that they are doing something specificaly and purposefully to you.

4.You think you are better than 99% of the other gymgoers.

You sound like a snot. Learn some real manners instead of feeding your arrogance with your own false sense of importance.

Are these the two dudes? If so, you shouldn’t mess with them.

DB

[quote]rsg wrote:
dollarbill44 wrote:
You didn’t escalate it enough. Next time, throw a trident at them.

DB

You read my mind!

Anyway, I think that was handled well - it didn’t result in a fight and they probably are sitting and talking about what they “would’ve done” in retrospect.

suckas.[/quote]

That is so hard! You must have all your fellow gym members running scared when you show up.

“Oh god! Here is that guy that always makes us talk about him when he leaves!”

[quote]fnf wrote:
I agree with texasguy1. You can’t hog all the equipment, especially if this is a tiny college gym. Now they shouldn’t have been assholes, but maybe you were a little cocky also when you said, “are you guys going to be done soon(w/ the bench),i’m supersetting”.[/quote]

Yes, i understand, HOWEVER, I if you read my post , i am PRO-sharing. I do not “hog’ the equipment. As i said, if someone wants to work in , I’d expect a " can i work in with you?” and i will always say “yes”. I mean, this is what i do when someone is using a station that i intend to use. Second off , me saying " im’ supersetting , when are you done with that" was not said in a cocky tone, or with a smirk on my face. Being courteous does go both ways, but in this case , it did not.

To answer your original question. Yes and as for as the accompanying story. Everybody was Kung Fu fighting those moves were fast as lightning. In fact it was a little bit frightening.

D

[quote]SkyzykS wrote:
zooropa1150 wrote:
Now, I do not have ANY problem with people “working in” if i am using something. However, this requires the person/people to be civilized and just ask "are you done? or “can i work in with you?” Instead, these two people just interrupted my section, to take it over. In fact, i firmly believe they were bent on just pissing me off. I don’t know, maybe i am wrong, but I do know my gym etiquette is better than 99% of the people that go to my gym.

Since you asked- This last paragraph sums up the problem real well.
1.You have rules that you think others should follow.

2.You think it is Your section.

3.You think that they are doing something specificaly and purposefully to you.

4.You think you are better than 99% of the other gymgoers.

You sound like a snot. Learn some real manners instead of feeding your arrogance with your own false sense of importance.
[/quote]

Hmm, that was harsh, but i understand how you can feel that way. However , this is the problem with internet posting… miscommunication. I am not a “cocky” or unmannered person. In fact i am very humble. The gym is there to share(obviously) and not to be taken over. I have no “false sense of importance”. I always ask people politely if i can work in , and return the courtesey if i desire to use their station. And yes, if you did see their faces, they were “speceifically and purposesfully” trying to annoy me.
However, me saying 99% of people at my gym have no etiquette was me blowing things out of proportion. I rescind that comment.

[quote]zooropa1150 wrote:
fnf wrote:
I agree with texasguy1. You can’t hog all the equipment, especially if this is a tiny college gym. Now they shouldn’t have been assholes, but maybe you were a little cocky also when you said, “are you guys going to be done soon(w/ the bench),i’m supersetting”.

Yes, i understand, HOWEVER, I if you read my post , i am PRO-sharing. I do not “hog’ the equipment. As i said, if someone wants to work in , I’d expect a " can i work in with you?” and i will always say “yes”. I mean, this is what i do when someone is using a station that i intend to use. Second off , me saying " im’ supersetting , when are you done with that" was not said in a cocky tone, or with a smirk on my face. Being courteous does go both ways, but in this case , it did not. [/quote]

The wording of your story sets a different tone. You were a douche fuck taking up limited equipment in a small gym, you projected an attitude about it to other members and they gave it back. Give and get.

Once I was benching in DYS with a group and some kid started saying how I should be able to bench a certain amount because of where I was from so I got up and punched him in the face . Then we had a small wrestling match and I hit my face on the side of the universal machine bar .The fight was quickly broken up !

Another time some guy at my gym had roid rage 1 day before I joined and the police had to taser him ! It was on the news . Anyway , You trying to use 2 pieces of equipment and acting like Jim Jupiter would definitely be enough to piss off some people . My advice would be to use 1 peice of equipment at a time !

By the way , I can guarantee you didn’t knock the ball out of these guys hands ! Come on buddy ! That was a fantasy …

[quote]dollarbill44 wrote:
Are these the two dudes? If so, you shouldn’t mess with them.

DB[/quote]

That’s right, because they will “Pump you up!”

I’m going to go ahead and say your probably a dick, or the asian thing rubbed them the wrong way, lol, j/k. I dunno, it’s just a wierd story, I couldn’t imagine anyone even having the balls to talk to me like that, unless I did something asshole-like first.

But, you are in a COLLEGE gym, and as we know, college kids are f’n retards sometimes. You can’t expect to bogart 2 pieces of equipement and have everyone be OK with it. Granted they could have been cooler about it, like i’m sure most of us try to be, but they weren’t, and they are under no obligation to be nice to you, so you knocking the ball out of their hands was pretty puss, either fight them or don’t, that’s like taking your ball and running home because you got your lay-up rejected.

looks to me like you guys are giving the op a little bit too much of a hard time. granted knocking the ball out of there hands might have been a little excessive theres no reason for these guys to act like douche bags, or for him to let them for that matter.

I can’t believe I actually read this thread. I want my time back.

The same thing happened to me a little while ago. I was at the gym doing my circuit of leg curls, leg extensions, machine curls, hip adductions, cable flies, decline db bench press, lat pull-downs, stationary bike and ab roller when these 2 girls walked over (laughing and acting all tough like) and said “nice form”, I couldn’t believe it, I mean who has the nerve to say something like that?

So I picked up an olympic bar and javellined it through the window into the car I saw them arrive in while yelling “YOU DONT KNOW ME!” … I ended up losing my membership for some reason after that happened. Can someone tell me why I lost my membership and how I should have behaved? Also if you could explain what the deal is with other people using the same gym as me? I just don’t understand it.

[quote]adziar wrote:
The same thing happened to me a little while ago. I was at the gym doing my circuit of leg curls, leg extensions, machine curls, hip adductions, cable flies, decline db bench press, lat pull-downs, stationary bike and ab roller when these 2 girls walked over (laughing and acting all tough like) and said “nice form”, I couldn’t believe it, I mean who has the nerve to say something like that? So I picked up an olympic bar and javellined it through the window into the car I saw them arrive in while yelling “YOU DONT KNOW ME!” … I ended up losing my membership for some reason after that happened. Can someone tell me why I lost my membership and how I should have behaved? Also if you could explain what the deal is with other people using the same gym as me? I just don’t understand it.[/quote]

You have better manners than all of those fuckers.

Because you ruined a perfectly good olympic bar, asshole.

[quote]adziar wrote:
The same thing happened to me a little while ago. I was at the gym doing my circuit of leg curls, leg extensions, machine curls, hip adductions, cable flies, decline db bench press, lat pull-downs, stationary bike and ab roller when these 2 girls walked over (laughing and acting all tough like) and said “nice form”, I couldn’t believe it, I mean who has the nerve to say something like that? So I picked up an olympic bar and javellined it through the window into the car I saw them arrive in while yelling “YOU DONT KNOW ME!” … I ended up losing my membership for some reason after that happened. Can someone tell me why I lost my membership and how I should have behaved? Also if you could explain what the deal is with other people using the same gym as me? I just don’t understand it.[/quote]

Last week these two guys at my new gym were getting all bent out of shape ! Just because I had 20 bench’s set up with weight increases of ten pounds each for pyramiding , they come over with this attitude problem like , “do you mind letting someone else use the benchs” ? WTF ? What’s with these assholes ? It’s my day to “shock the pecs” and pyramid 1000 sets of bench pressing and these guys totally try to pump-block me ?

I can't believe I considered these two ASS pirates friends ! Just because they let me work out for free , at their brand new gym , on opening day , they think they have the right to be inconsiderate to my "get huge" ? That's why I  set there car on fire ! Where the fuck do they get off ? I don't know but it sure as hell wasn't "Gym etiquette ville" , I know that ...     

OP, find a training partner. It makes it a lot easier to hold onto multiple pieces of equipment with more than one person. Also, gym tough guys are less likely to talk shit if they don’t outnumber you.

Also, your profile says RI, what school do you go to/work out at? I went to URI and if that’s what you’re talking about, good luck. That gym is way too small for the size of the school. Only way to get a decent workout is to go at like 7am.

I think it comes down to you need to get bigger. Haha once people see you are the one lifting the most weight they wont think twice about stealing your equipment.

The thing that pisses me off the most at the gym are the people that take the weights off the racks on your equipment! I was benching the other day and these two guys go up and take the 10lb plates off my bench rack while I was doing my set. No big deal, I wasn’t going to be needing them that day anyway. So I get up to put the 25lb plates on and before I get up off the bench they take those plates…ok come on there was a weight tree right behind them. So I said something along the lines of “hey what the hell man I need those weights.” I mean freaken A man there were three other benches wide open with weights, take the extra 2 steps and be polite!

Oh well haven’t had a problem with them since.