FightinIrish Gets His Degree

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
Seriously, what can you do with an English degree?[/quote]

Graduate school.

Or, as you said, a teacher.

Way to go mate.

Congrats dude. It’s all downhill from here though. Haha. Just kidding.

They have colleges in New Jersey?

Congrats, fucker.

You will never again in your life get laid with such little effort.

[quote]Dweezil wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Seriously, what can you do with an English degree?

Graduate school.

Or, as you said, a teacher.[/quote]

Here’s a new twist on that- My G.F. was an English major and teacher. When she got sick of it, she went in to sales.
She uses her degree in English to communicate succinctly and with good articulation. She uses the right words for the right audience, and closes deals.

Who woulda thunk you could do that with an English degreee?

Congradulations FI. I’m happy for you.

Irish,

Well done. If you haven’t already, go drink a beer and celebrate. ;>

congrats!

english teacher is one option, but I have an undergrad in sociology and I do tech support!

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
Here’s a tip o’ the hat to FightinIrish for getting his college degree. I hope others will join me in congratulating him.
Good work, man!![/quote]

Hahaha. Imagine my surprise at returning from a day of shit work to find a thread in honor of me proposed by an political arch nemesis. :wink: Thanks Headhunter.

All the replies are great fellas. Yes, in fact there are many colleges in New Jersey. Some of them even have more than one building. Insane, I know.

My blood alcohol level actually helped me in college, being as I’m an English major and…well, we drink alot. Comes with the territory.

I also get a huge kick out of how I’m getting to be known as having a propensity towards being a drunken womanizer! Fuckin great, I couldn’t ask for a better reputation.

For all you poor fuckers still stuck in college like BBB, Rrjc, and PGA, remember that Harris is right, and that you’ll never, ever be around so much poontang at one time in your life ever again.

No teaching for this guy! I’m going to fuck around and work a variety of jobs and try to start getting crap published in magazines and short story books. Hell of a lot better than digging holes and shovelling shit. And Pookie, whether I go to heaven or hell, I’m going from Jersey. They wouldn’t put up with me anywhere else.

All you lads know that I’m drinking in celebration to the end of an era. I appreciate all the encouraging words…except for that bit about being a goat herder (normally I’m pretty witty, but that one went over my head. I’m confused.)

JerseyGirl97 pretty much got me through it all, so she deserves as much credit as I. We had some good times woman. Never forget them.

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:
And Pookie, whether I go to heaven or hell, I’m going from Jersey.[/quote]

I hope Hell is clearly marked, so you can tell the difference when you get there.

[quote]pookie wrote:
FightinIrish26 wrote:
And Pookie, whether I go to heaven or hell, I’m going from Jersey.

I hope Hell is clearly marked, so you can tell the difference when you get there.
[/quote]

Strong words from a friggin pussy Canadian…the only worthwhile thing about your country is the strip clubs… :wink:

Im never going to congratulate you.

[quote]julia87 wrote:
Im never going to congratulate you.[/quote]

Why is that?

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:
julia87 wrote:
Im never going to congratulate you.

Why is that?[/quote]

I dont know but congratualtions

“Never” is not what it used to be.

Congratulations man.

[quote]pookie wrote:
“Never” is not what it used to be.
[/quote]

Pookie! you made me choke on my coffee with that one.