Fighting the Bullsh*t in Fitness Advertising

[quote]progwizard wrote:
Can’t beat the JumpSnap Another useless invention, JumpSnap, the ropeless jump rope - YouTube

Oh… My… God…

[quote]DaCharmingAlbino wrote:
I’m pretty sure the jumpsnap is an intelligence test.[/quote]

I love this product. I find my ability to jump rope improves exponentially when my ass never leaves the sofa and I do it in my head.

I wouldn’t worry about changing anything or spreading the gospel of lifting. This shit has been around forever and isn’t leaving until television leaves. In addition, no one is in the dark about working hard to achieve physical goals. The problem is that it is hard work and that sucks for many people.

It isn’t like you are going to say something and they will slap their head and go “Holy moly, now I know”

O

Y’know what…I’m actually going to say that the JumpSnap isn’t that bad.

I jump rope, I have 3 myself ( two leathers and one speed) but it really isn’t the actual rope that’s important…it’s a means to an end.
The real rope does make you jump higher though. I’m pretty sure that 20 mins of real rope is a lot harder than 20 mins of JumpSnap…but if people use it at least they’d be moving. Not like a lot of the ab stuff where you do some shitty partial sit-up.

These companies have learned that you can sell a ton of useless products with infomercials. Most of these machines might be used for a week and the women that buy them don’t lose anything and throw it in a closet.

I’m sure there are many out there that have a closet full of these contraptions. They haven’t figured out that consistent diet and exercise over a long period of time (your entire life) are the best way to stay fit and lean.

I’m sort of envious though, a jump rope without a rope? I could have been rich off that, I just don’t have the conscience to push that kind of BS onto these poor overweight women.

[quote]Ov3rman wrote:
These advertisments all imply (directly or indirectly) that their machines can spot-reduce fat, which i’m sure most of you guys and girls know is a complete myth. So how is it that these companies are allowed to make such ridiculous and deliberatly misleading claims? They’re doing nothing but perpetuating a cycle of ignorance in pursuit of a quick dollar.[/quote]

Notice that every gadget comes with some sort of diet and cardio program. They may just mention this once or twice, or it could be in the fine print at the bottom of the screen. Or they may say “as part of a healthy lifestyle that includes diet blah blah blah…”

Here, I found a quick example: http://www.abroller.com/original-ab-trainer.php

Note the quick flash of text in the video that says something about a reduced calorie diet and additional exercise.

Anyway, this is how they’re able to get away with promoting spot reducing.

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:
Ov3rman wrote:
These advertisments all imply (directly or indirectly) that their machines can spot-reduce fat, which i’m sure most of you guys and girls know is a complete myth. So how is it that these companies are allowed to make such ridiculous and deliberatly misleading claims? They’re doing nothing but perpetuating a cycle of ignorance in pursuit of a quick dollar.

Notice that every gadget comes with some sort of diet and cardio program. They may just mention this once or twice, or it could be in the fine print at the bottom of the screen. Or they may say “as part of a healthy lifestyle that includes diet blah blah blah…”

Here, I found a quick example: http://www.abroller.com/original-ab-trainer.php

Note the quick flash of text in the video that says something about a reduced calorie diet and additional exercise.

Anyway, this is how they’re able to get away with promoting spot reducing.

[/quote]

And you really can’t trust the before and after photos for these products due to they are often photoshopped.

i didnt see the flash of text, i was too distracted by hawt abz and big breasts.

Hey, im Jane and my tits are great :slight_smile: just watch these sexually persuasive images while i say buzz words like, core, abs, and why other exercises are inferior. :slight_smile: just keep staring at my boobs, yep thats it!

i love marketing. you’d be suprised how much psychology goes into it. getting that person to hurry and buy with those fake countdowns “we only have 5 left” or “order withen the next 30 seconds and you get a discount/some more shit for free”.

im going to have my own infomercial selling a self-help book on how to stop buying stuff from infomercials. ironically i will use all the tactics in my infomercial that i will explain about in my book. it will brilliant.

ORDER NOW!!!

[quote]Fuzzyapple wrote:
LiveFromThe781 wrote:
progwizard wrote:
Can’t beat the JumpSnap Another useless invention, JumpSnap, the ropeless jump rope - YouTube

wow

just

wow

jumping rope is hard because of the rope

if you arent doing it right the rope will hit or trip you (the rope makes sure you work hard)

so you take the rope off the jump rope to make it easier

now you can go about it half assed because theres no rope to make sure you’re doing it right

this is the part where i do the face palm.

I loved the woman getting mad and throwing the jump rope on the table like a 5 year old fuck that was good stuff ahahh
[/quote]

im sorry, i just got a severe migraine watching that again.

i mean seriously boxers JUMP ROPE, athletes JUMP ROPE

they jump R-O-P-E

they dont flail their wrists flamboyantly and kick their ankles for 5 minutes.

you know what the saddest part about all of this is? if it came with an actual rope they could at least hang themselves with it.

i mean essentially, you could do the same thing with two staplers in each hand.

whatever happened to the Skip-It?