Fighting Off the Daddy Roll

Hey Guys,

I need a little advice on how to get that last mile.

I’m going to be 37 this August and I’m fighting to get off about 10-15 lbs of really stubborn adipose around my midsection.

History:
I was a pretty sickly kid and really didn’t get healthy til I was in high school and even then I was very thin (5’7", 128lbs). I got into the Martial Arts at 16 and finally started to get into shape. I put on some weight and by 21 or so I was 155lbs and still holding at a 30" waist. I had a pretty respectable 6 pack. At 24 I became a single dad and my workout schedule became erratic. Twice I took a couple years off. By 30 I had ballooned to 210 and a 38" waist.

At 32 I decided to make a change and I hit the gym hard. I dropped a lot of fat and built a lot of muscle. But I stayed in the 195-205 range, with a BFP of about 20% no matter what I did. My waist stuck at 36".

I recently switched to a 5 day schedule from my usual 3 day and I am doing a cycle of clen (specs below). I am seeing some results finally and I am down to a 34" waist. My top 2 abs show clearly and the middle two are about halfway out. Weight is down to 194" I don’t have my BFP until i go to the gym today but I feel like I’m about 18%.

The problem is this stubborn roll just above my waistline. It just won’t budge!

I need your advice on how to hammer it off. Here is my current schedule, diet and clen cycle specs. I’m considering doing a cycle of LiquiDex combined with a clen cycle. Is that a good idea?

Stats:
5’7" tall
194 lbs
18% bf
41" chest
31" waist
17" bicepts

Diet:
Meal 1 - 5 to 9 egg whites as an omelette with salsa or greens/mushrooms
Meal 2 - 5 oz turkey
Meal 3 - 5 oz turkey or roast beef
Meal 4 - 5 oz lowfat cheese
Meal 5 - 8 oz beef/lean pork/chicken, 8 oz leafy greens/baked potato or brown rice.

Suppliments:
1 Mens multivitamin
4 tabs of fish oil

Every other day I am substituting a salad with lowfat dressing for meal 3. On weeekends I relax the diet slightly and allow myself a cheat meal. I also try to get plenty of sleep on weekends for recuperation.

Workouts:
Day 1 - 5 supersets of varying chest exercises + 40 mins yoga
Day 2 - 5 supersets of varying arm exercises + 40 min treadmill jog at 4mph.
Day 3 - 5 supersets of varying core exercises
Day 4 - 5 supersets of varying back exercises + 40 mins treadmill jog at 4mph.
Day 5 - 5 supersets of varying leg exercises + 40 mins yoga.

Clen Cycle:
3 days at 40mg
2 days at 60mg
2 days at 80mg
7 days at 100mg
2 days at 80mg
2 days at 60mg
3 days at 40mg

(First cycle of this got me down from 204 to 198. I am on my first day of 100mg of my second cycle after a 3 week break)

Additional notes:

1. I have tendinitis in my wrists and ankles, so I can’t run much more than I do.

2. My legs are very strong for a guy my size/age. Like freaky strong. I’ve done a superset with 700lbs on the leg press and honestly felt like I could take it to 800 or possibly 900. I’ve never tried a one time max. It’s been this way since I was a kid. I don’t really focus on my legs when I work out but they stay heavily muscled and reasonably cut anyway. I have no idea why.

So what do you guys think?

Should I just keep cycling the clen and see if it cuts off the fat in another 3 or 4 cycles? Does stacking it with Liquidex make sense?

Do I just need to really knuckle down on my diet? I’m not sure that’s going to be maintainable over the long term considering my work and life responsibilities.

60-70% of any weight loss is directly related to diet. At first look, it seems that you might be low on good fats and (with your history (like me) of belly fat) high on the carbs. I would kill the rice and potato add more green vegs and up the fish oil. Add some extra virgin olive oil every day as well.

Do you track your diet on a web site like
http://caloriecount.about.com/ or
fitday.com ?

Looking at how your diet breaks out between Protein, Fat and carbs is helpful and tracking the total intake vs. daily expenditures really tells the story for me.

[quote]soldog wrote:
60-70% of any weight loss is directly related to diet. At first look, it seems that you might be low on good fats and (with your history (like me) of belly fat) high on the carbs. I would kill the rice and potato add more green vegs and up the fish oil. Add some extra virgin olive oil every day as well.

Do you track your diet on a web site like
http://caloriecount.about.com/ or
fitday.com ?

Looking at how your diet breaks out between Protein, Fat and carbs is helpful and tracking the total intake vs. daily expenditures really tells the story for me.[/quote]

I do track on fitday and my carbs stay pretty much below 15% of my overall food intake. I’ve found if I drop my carbs much lover than I have them now I can’t get through my workouts and I feel like doggy doo all day.

I’m hoping for a workout schedule or type adjustment to help me burn this off. I feel like if I can get it off it will stay off on my current regiment.

I may just have to kill the carbs and deal though…

What’s Clen?
What’s LiquiDex?

Just spitballing on the diet here but you might want to add some fiber either by adding some vegatables or fruit. I don’t eat many carbs and those I do come from fruits, vegies and legumes.

[quote]hel320 wrote:
What’s Clen?
What’s LiquiDex?[/quote]

I had to look them up. Liquidex is a Steroid. Clen is a stimulant drug. Clen is short for Clenbuterol.

I went into the gym and met with my trainer on Friday. Here are the results after 30 days on the above regimen of diet/exercise with 5 days of a 21 day clen cycle complete:

Chest 41 (no change)
Waist 31 (1" loss, measured at navel)

Body fat percentage 20% (4% reduction)

I also went from using two 75lb dumbells for incline press (3 sets of 8) to using two 90’s. Honestly felt like I could have used 105’s.

I’ve decided to eliminate the cheese from my diet and eliminate more carbs as well. I’ll keep posting.

As for the comments/questions about the Liquidex and Clen… I gave that a LOT of thought and did a LOT of research before deciding to use them. The fact is that at my age men don’t produce enough Testosterone to get the results I want. Some guys do, but that’s rare.

I’m using the two mildest drugs I could find that should get me results in a modest time frame. I chose Clen because it doesn’t affect your thyroid and LiquiDex because it’s not a form of artificial Testosterone. It simply inhibits your body from creating Estrogen (which retards Testosterone production).

So in essence all I am doing is raising my body temperature slightly with an asthma medication and blocking some of my body’s produciton of Estrogen.

Adjusted my diet slightly, dropped out the cheese I was using in meals 2 and 4. Added 20 Mins of Elliptical trainer to my workout routine.

I dropped a pound between Monday and Wednesday. I’m hoping to drop one more by Friday.