Fighting In The Gym

Im not one for violence. I mind my own business and always have done.

But one thing that really fucking pisses me off, and I can’t believe that it actually happened, is dickheads coming into the gym, my sanctuary, and trying to get me riled up.

The gym is my retreat, a place to take out frustrations and a place to better myself, at school I used to get shoved around a lot, it wasn’t the nicest place.

As a result I pussied out back then and left before my exams which has set me back a bit (have to spend 2 years to re-take them). I hate everything about that school and the people that did it, I never thought i’d have to deal with those wankers again.

So here I am, 2 years later, in the gym training minding my own business, when out the corner of my eye I see a guy from my old school (one of the wankers) in there working out with his buddy. I think nothing of it and carry on with my set of dumbbell rows.

So then, while I’m resting, he struts over to me and says ‘well look who it is, still a bit spotty aye dan?’(I have some acne, whatever) I couldn’t fucking believe it. I wanted to smash the 40kg dumbbell into his face. But I controlled myself, and simply replied ‘Piss off.’

So he pushed me, by then I was raging, the only thing stopping me from pounding the shit out of him, and turning my session into some ‘explosive horizontal pressing cardio’ was the fact I might get banned from my gym (Which is a very sweet gym).

I ended up just turning my back on him, picking up the dumbbell, then carrying on with my set (while he was watching). He said ‘whatever’ half way through it and walked off. The weasel.

Really why im making this post, is I’m asking for your opinions on what you would of done? He’ll probably come back at me no doubt, I dont know if i’d be able to restrain myself so much again.

1 question how old are you?

Personally, I would have lost my cool and went after him in the gym, its the italian temper I have.

But if you dont want to to do something at the gym I suggest this…Find out his daily routine. Maybe he goes to a donut shop/bakery every morning for breakfast? Wait outside and when he walks out put a bat to his face.

Ive never done it but someone I know did that many years ago and the kid never fuckd with him again, as a matter of fact no body ever fucked with him again.

I was with you and probably would have done the same thing until you said he pushed you. That’s battery here (assuming you aren’t from the US and I’m not sure about your local laws) and you can defend yourself once someone lays their hands on you. You wouldn’t lose your membership as long as someone else was witnessing it I would bet.

But what’s more important than a membership to me would be standing up for yourself. I was bullied a bit back in school and I know how you feel. Trust me, finally taking them on is worth losing the gym, getting beat up, or a myriad of other supposed life-ending negatives.

A black eye is temporary but as your post implies, a feeling of low self-worth can last much longer.

Of course I’m assuming these are the typical bullies that usually fold but may actually kick your ass (still worth it). Remember I come from a time and place where people would actually fight and not gang up 6 on 1 or shoot you. Ahhh, nostalgia.

The kid most likely thinks he’s the shit, and honestly, i probably would of decked him after the push, but I’ve gotten in fights with guys who had their friends with them when i was alone. The least i’ve to say is, It’s not like it is in the movies, you can’t see what’s coming from behind you.

I would maybe give gym mgmt a heads up about this douche and then take it outside if it continues. Likely if you accept the challenge to his face in front of folks, he’ll fold. Assholes usually do. Even if it comes down to it and you get beat, its doubtful he’ll want to pick on you again. His rush comes from the feeling of power he gets over you.

At least make him work for it. If you are young, memo to you. Girls don’t generally dig guys who fight win or lose. If they do, they ain’t worth having anyhow. My 2 cents. Good luck.

Given your situation I likely would have told him I made tender love to his moms ass last night. Then In would have asked why did him and his buddy workout before they had sex together.

Get him you give you a swat and then you have free reign to kick him right in the balls. Nice big kick with the mid shin right in the groin. So satisfying every time you do it.

But since you didn’t want to risk your membership you could indeed figure out where he lives and covertly shoot him with a paintball gun as he walks from his car at night. be sure to freeze the paint balls, hurts like a cunt. Plus he may never know its you since you don’t get up in his grill.

Some kids hit my car with a potatoe gun and almost got it in the window where my gf was sitting. life is no longer good for them, nor will it be until I am done having fun at their expense. they should not have shot at me from so close to where they live.

Well conceived plans are far more rewarding than even a good kick to the balls. Makes you feel clever, evil and satisfied all at the same time.

-chris

This guy sounds like a pathetic head case, if he gets the same old kicks from bullying you that he had years ago. Normal people grow up. Just know, the best revenge is living well.

If you would have just used Oxy Pads none of this would have ever happened. j/k you should have donkey punched him.

next time beat his ass, theres always gonna be another gym
but you only have so much dignity

If someone puts their hands on you, you make damn sure they never put their hands on you again. If someone shoved me, I’d shove them twice as hard. But, that’s just me…

[quote]xvsanta42 wrote:
But if you dont want to to do something at the gym I suggest this…Find out his daily routine. Maybe he goes to a donut shop/bakery every morning for breakfast? Wait outside and when he walks out put a bat to his face.

Ive never done it but someone I know did that many years ago and the kid never fuckd with him again, as a matter of fact no body ever fucked with him again.[/quote]

He’s lucky a prosecutor didn’t care to fuck with him

Definitely do not find out his daily routine and “put a bat to his face.” That’s premeditated assault with a deadly weapon. That’ll land you in jail and it’s definitely not worth going to jail for a loser like that guy.

Honestly man, we’d all love to just pound the ever living crap out of someone who treats us like shit for no apparent reason. The thing is though, in this day and age in our society, that’ll most likely cause you a whole lot more trouble than it’s worth. We all need to realize that there are consequences for our actions.

Here is the question you need to ask yourself when someone challenges you to a fight (which is, in a round about way, what this guy was doing). “Do you honestly believe that if shit had gone down that this guy would have beat you?” If the answer is no, then why let him get to you.

It’s like if I pulled up to a stop light in a Ferrari and some guy pulls up next to me in a volkswagon bus and starts revving his engine and yelling out his window that he’s gonna blow my doors off. Now, am I really worried that if I actually decided to race him that I would lose? Hell no! So I don’t have to in order to be confident.

Seriously, my suggestion is to get some more confidence. If you really are worried about your fighting ability than go join a boxing gym, or wrestling club, or take some MMA classes for a while. Once you know what you can do if you choose to, then you’ll realize that guys like this one are just jokes and pose no threat to you.

Now, if he still persists, go to management and tell them that he’s harassing you. If he does it again and they see him, the’ll probably kick him out of the gym and depending on what he does, you may even be asked if you want to press charges.

By the way if that happens, say no and try to make friends with this guy. He’s probably just a really insecure dude who needs to pick on others to make himself feel better. If you befriend him you might make a positive change in his life that could wind up changing him dramatically for the rest of his life.

And that my friend takes a hell of a lot more strength (and provides a hell of a lot more satisfaction) than just hauling off and punching someone in the face.

But, hey that’s just what I would do.

Good training,

Sentoguy

Never let anyone put their hands on you. Never. I don’t give two fucks how sweet that gym is, and I don’t give a shit that you don’t like fighting. Someone pushes you, you hit’em. Doing anything else makes you a cunt.

“When they knock you down, you not only have to get up, but you have to make it clear that you won’t be knocked down a second time” - Carl Yastrzemski

[quote]Sentoguy wrote:
It’s like if I pulled up to a stop light in a Ferrari and some guy pulls up next to me in a volkswagon bus and starts revving his engine and yelling out his window that he’s gonna blow my doors off. Now, am I really worried that if I actually decided to race him that I would lose? Hell no! So I don’t have to in order to be confident.
[/quote]

I see someone read “Education of a Bodybuilder.” 'Tis a fine book.

fuck, you have a hell of batter temper than me bro. im unstable at best. i wouldve askedd him and his buddy to step outside with me. went straight to my car grabbed my knuckledusters and fucking destroyed both of them. if happens again and you do decide to fuck him up, just ask him to step out, then no worries of being banned.

My pride can’t be touched by some punks. I simply laugh.

Now if someone threatened my family or really did hit me, or was hitting someone else(and i knew the situation warranted stopping) then i step up to the plate.

As for a couple cowards trying to insult me, what a fucking joke that would be. I’d laugh right there.

It sounds like you’ve never stood up for yourself in your life. Stop doubting yourself and kick the kids ass, you might even earn his respect and find out he’s an ok guy. Although I doubt anyone who picks on the weak is an ok guy. But you’ll earn your own respect, which it sounds like your lacking.

being the evil fucker that I truly am. I’d kick his cowerdly ass one way or another.

I would not want to quit going to the Gym, because that I would lose my hard earned money. More motivation to kick it.

That is what the dumbass wants is to imtimidate you into quitiing. Now if you do not stand up for yourself now you never will youll be lax in your work outs. uncomfortable in the gym forvever.

If you do not kick it, at least scare the shit out of the moron.

While he is doing a press, or incline squat
walk up to him stand over him (intimidation factor)tell him quietly and calmly you have not seen me in two years ya wanna fuck with me lets go. I am not scared of you. I shove these weights down your fatt ass mouth right now, but I do not wanna get kicked out.

most people back down when they find out the other is not afraid. Now they have to rethink does the gu know something I don’t.

besides that keeping them guessin keepsthem afraid.

Think of Jhon Wayne in “The Shootist”

“I wont’ be laid a hand on.”

“I wont be made a fool of.”

Next time ask him to step outside in a back ally or somewhere you where you won’t get arrested. If you fight off the gym property then you won’t get banned also. Personally if the guy pushed me I don’t think I would of held back. If it looks like he can beat your ass just go slash his tires that’ll make you feel a lot better. Revenge is sweet. Luck for me, I never have to resort to such drastic measures.