Fighting a Bear

meangenes: “I would think that you could jump on his back and give him a few bows to the back of the head near the bottom of the spine.”

WTF? grown grizzlys have such a depth of muscle, and thickness of bone on the skull, that anything but real high cal bullets are often known to deflect or not even penetrate. Grizzly’s can be seen out there with scars across their foreheads from where rounds from deer hunter’s rifles (and that’s a decent enough cal.) have ricocheted!

You’d want to be delivering some “bows” to the bottom of the spine :slight_smile:

Wow this thread is getting quite good, great videos posted.

thanks MaddyG for the bear vs walrus … I always thought those walrus were a lot bigger.

Interesting pics of the man who was jumped on by a polar bear and shot it. Man, I bet he feels dumb shooting his own foot too.

The SAS guide was really advising not to START a fight with a polar bear. I guess they suspected a lot of young fellas would start picking fights with them.

Note that people used to hunt bears with dogs. Aren’t great danes bred to hunt bears?

would a gorilla beat a bear?

[quote]Gkhan wrote:

I found this amusing.

that black belt was powerless to stop it![/quote]

It’s almost like the bear had some sort of grudge with that woman. It goes from eating out of the palm of the black belt’s hand and being all cuddly, then looks over at the woman, says to it’s self “fuck this lady” and snaps. Just a slow, vengeful glance at the lady, a cold stare for a second, then BLAM-O! Snatches her up.

Bears are agile as shit when they want to. Here is a bear chasing a deer. Guess who loses:

[quote]NealRaymond2 wrote:
countingbeans wrote:
Wasn’t there some tree hugger scientist that took his girlfriend up in the woods to live “amongst the bears”?

From what I remember he lived there for awhile, a lot longer than his sane scientist friends though he would live there, even grew close enough to touch one. He filmed some of it. I guess it was an experiment to see if they would accept him as part of their group/clan/pride whatever.

Then one day BAM, the bears tore him and his girl up, and ate them. Her parents were pissed. All they found were a few bits of equipment, his tent & some left over film.

A simple misunderstanding. He thought the bears were accepting him in as part of their group. Actually, they were accepting him in as livestock.[/quote]

Treadwell (Grizzly Man) was supposed to leave the park at his usual time of year, but he had a disagreement with the airline about his ticket and decided to stay longer in the park. The bears he had been used to during the summer had already gone into hibernation, and bears that Treadwell did not know from other parts of the park were moving into the area.

The very last footage that shows Treadwell alive also shows a bear behind him; the bear had been diving into the river over and over for a piece of dead salmon. Treadwell mentions in the footage that he does not feel altogether comfortable with that bear.

From Wikipedia (I know) but still very accurate.

Wow never thought I would see a bear run down a deer!

Go bear!

If you look here, the bear has no trouble turning to rip apart the silly man who thinks he can run around it with agility … (pretend the wolf is a man)

And here you will see bears often have guns

http://www.demotivateus.com/posters/bear-gun-demotivational-poster.jpg

I wish I were a bear. Eat all year long, sleep all winter, rob some family of their picnic basket. Good times.

Okay, a man can’t fight a bear. Pretty much established.
My question: can a strong, trained man beat a dog in a fight? I have a friend who claims he could, but I’m skeptical.
Rules:

1. You are unarmed.
  2. The dog is not rabid, just aggressive.
  3. You actually have to fight the dog – no throwing a stick to make it fetch.
  4. The dog is big: >100 pounds

Funny how no one got around to posting this one - guy fighting beAr - YouTube

LMFAO - an old commercial but still hilarious

[quote]AlisaV wrote:
Okay, a man can’t fight a bear. Pretty much established.
My question: can a strong, trained man beat a dog in a fight? I have a friend who claims he could, but I’m skeptical.
Rules:

1. You are unarmed.
  2. The dog is not rabid, just aggressive.
  3. You actually have to fight the dog – no throwing a stick to make it fetch.
  4. The dog is big: >100 pounds
    [/quote]

So what a fully grown Doberman / Alsation or pitbull.

HHMm

YOu would want to get it full force punch in the head VERY fast because if you miss your throat is gone.

And then you.

Can’t win against a bear.

This is just like the discussion about fighting a chimp or something. And a chimp weighs about 1/4-1/6th of a fully grown bear…

Bear will tear you apart without even trying if you aggravate it enough.

bear vs. chimpanzee anyone?

For some reason, I couldnt resist clicking this thread…

You just cant go wrong with a title, “Fighting a Bear”.

Bear vs T800 (unarmed)

i just watched a Polar bear kill a Walrus on Youtube, the question is answered.

obviously a rhino or a hippopotamus would kill a bear.

anything else i can do for you?

I think the only issue the bear would have against the rhino or hippo would be that they are too big…
I’m not sure that they would even beat a bear… they would most likely just take off… I’m sure a bear wouldnt attack them in the first place.

A bear is like natures tank. I hit a brown bear in upstate NY with a 300 win mag and it just pissed it off. Luckily, a buddy had a 7mm mag and that got the job done.