T Nation

Fighting a Bear

[quote]meangenes wrote:
Bear Vs. Gorilla. I actually say a person might have a good chance because we’re more agile. (Aren’t you supposed to be able to outrun a bear if you zigzag between trees?) I would think that you could jump on his back and give him a few bows to the back of the head near the bottom of the spine. Obviously you would never try to head-to-head him. Anyone knows the weight of the bear alone would kill you.

Also, a bear isn’t as agile on his back legs (which is how he strikes). That is your opportunity to run around him. He can’t strike, with his paws, as fast on all fours but is more agile. The last time I 1rm’d my squat was 615. That seems like enough force to push a 1000lb bear around (he’s not static weight and doesn’t have great balance on two legs).

I think a bear would stand on two legs to fight a human. We’re simply better adapted to maneuvering on two legs.[/quote]

umm. nope.

Takamura beat the shit out of a bear… but then again hes a World Champion boxer… I dont even think Ippo would stand a chance… Oh and Baki beat that Giant Ape that was 9foot tall.

[quote]NealRaymond2 wrote:
countingbeans wrote:
Wasn’t there some tree hugger scientist that took his girlfriend up in the woods to live “amongst the bears”?

From what I remember he lived there for awhile, a lot longer than his sane scientist friends though he would live there, even grew close enough to touch one. He filmed some of it. I guess it was an experiment to see if they would accept him as part of their group/clan/pride whatever.

Then one day BAM, the bears tore him and his girl up, and ate them. Her parents were pissed. All they found were a few bits of equipment, his tent & some left over film.

A simple misunderstanding. He thought the bears were accepting him in as part of their group. Actually, they were accepting him in as livestock.[/quote]

actually it was going pretty well until one of the bears went nuts.

Moving on, bears are going to ruin your shit.

Few people survive bear attacks, the last I remember that a guy survived an attack, had a dog and a knife.

The dog died defending him, and he ended up stabbing the bear like a hundred times, several times in the eyes and throat etc.

Even then it shattered most of his ribs, his legs, etc.

Hes was broken everywhere. Barely alive. And he got crazy lucky.

The real lesson to this story is, bring big dogs with you everywhere if you live out in the middle of no where.

Some old woman got attacked by a bear, she managed to scream for her huge ass dogs, they came running and the cat fled.

http://www.truveo.com/Woman-Survives-Bear-Attack-Saved-By-Dogs/id/237286049#

Almost every survivor of bear attacks had dogs with them when the attack happened.

[quote]Magarhe wrote:
wtf going on with my posts?

Could a bear beat a hippo??? that is the question.

bear vs hippo

bear vs rhino

rhino vs hippo

bear vs tiger

bear vs walrus

the great unanswered questions

[/quote]

question 5 answered
your welcome

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

[quote]Magarhe wrote:
Hey thanks for that Bear Power, that was great. Man those things are strong. And hilarious!

One man could beat a bear with a big spear if he was damned good and damned lucky.

I always think back to my SAS guide which said : “Do NOT fight a polar bear. You will lose. Even with a gun you will very likely lose.”

Best advice I heard was, back away from the bear, stripping off your clothes and leaving them. The bear will prob. stop to smell them, and get disinterested in you (hopefully). [/quote]

this guy didnt agree with your guide.
BTW these are kinda graphic pictures
http://www.ultimatesportsmen.com/weird/polarbear.htm

I have no idea why people want to have “physical challenges” with animals.
We have our intelligence to survive. They have their natural strength to survive.
Yes, T-men might be stronger than average non-trained human males, but grizzly bear?
Ah, it’s time to be reasonable here…

[quote]malakuzzo wrote:
Takamura beat the shit out of a bear… but then again hes a World Champion boxer… I dont even think Ippo would stand a chance… Oh and Baki beat that Giant Ape that was 9foot tall.[/quote]

You’re not serious right? Good comic books anyhow.

The hardest motherfucker in the world wouldn’t be able to even hurt a grizzly.

He might do better against a smaller bear. But, if she is a sow and her cubs are near, forget it.

Most people in the 100 vs. a bear thread concluded the bear would win.

Dude, even if the person had a fucking gun, he would probably lose in a cagefight, much less unarmed.
Do you realize how monstrous bears are?

In nature, we as humans are better off using our brains than our muscles. We are pretty weak, pathetically weak, compared to most animals. We lose in just about every category. Size (a 200 lbs man isnt in the wild), speed (bipedals are slow compared to 4 legged runners), strength (again very weak). The best thing you can do is to not be where a bear is, and if you are, hope he already ate. Don’t stupid with this man vs bear shit, come on dude.

[quote]CoreyK wrote:
Dude, even if the person had a fucking gun, he would probably lose in a cagefight, much less unarmed.
Do you realize how monstrous bears are?[/quote]

the last link i provided was a guy that fought off a polar bear tha tattacked him while he was sleeping

he had a gun he shot the bear to death but also shot himself by mistake
the bear fucked his world though but he came out of it ok considering what had happened

[quote]pushharder wrote:
meangenes wrote:
…I actually say a person might have a good chance because we’re more agile. (Aren’t you supposed to be able to outrun a bear if you zigzag between trees?) I would think that you could jump on his back and give him a few bows to the back of the head near the bottom of the spine. Obviously you would never try to head-to-head him. Anyone knows the weight of the bear alone would kill you.

Also, a bear isn’t as agile on his back legs (which is how he strikes). That is your opportunity to run around him. He can’t strike, with his paws, as fast on all fours but is more agile. The last time I 1rm’d my squat was 615. That seems like enough force to push a 1000lb bear around (he’s not static weight and doesn’t have great balance on two legs).

I think a bear would stand on two legs to fight a human. We’re simply better adapted to maneuvering on two legs.

Where are all the face-palm pics?
[/quote]

here you go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtmmefcJbMc&NR=1

I found this amusing.

that black belt was powerless to stop it!

my dog just chased off a black bear a week ago. My dad walked out of his house and saw a 450 pound bear ten feet away. My german shepherd sent it running into the woods then five seconds later came running back out faster than she went in!

[quote]BSrunner wrote:
meangenes wrote:
Look at these pussies.

first of all, i had never watched a video of bears fighting before- this was truly an awesome video. They use more technique than I thought they would!

Second of all- the bigger bear shits during the fight. Like literally poops. Thats weird. [/quote]

That supposedly happens when they are in extreme pain, they just lose control of their bowels. I’m sure that goes for all creatures.

[quote]Gkhan wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtmmefcJbMc&NR=1

I found this amusing.

that black belt was powerless to stop it![/quote]

wtf?

are you serious!?

anyone who thinks that any man could take on a full grown grizzly bear, especially without a weapon, is an idiot!

they are one of the largest land predators, if not the largest. contrary to what many people believe, humans are not nearly as physically resilient as animals. humans are the dominant because we are smart, NOT because of our physical prowess.

grizzly’s have taken down elk and even moose with one swipe of their paw. have you seen how big a moose is?! no human has a chance in the scenario that was described, i hate to break it to you.

Fedor did it, the bear tapped.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.