Fighter Analysis: Vitor Belfort

[quote]Xen Nova wrote:
. It’s way harder to get laid in Brazil than most guys think…

Maybe for you dude…

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:
Xen Nova wrote:
. It’s way harder to get laid in Brazil than most guys think…

Maybe for you dude…[/quote]

By a chick that’s not gonna give you crotch crickets? Yea it is (IMO).

Whenever you talk about brazil dudes act like they throw pussy like they throw lei’s in hawaii

What makes you think he’s a better boxer than Anderson?

[quote]Xen Nova wrote:
What makes you think he’s a better boxer than Anderson?[/quote]

i could be wrong, but i think Cockney knows most of those guys.

my .02…

when Vitor came to the UFC, they did not do drug testing. however, he found God (i assume due to his family issues?) and got off the sauce, hence the quick weight class drop.

i think his hands (accuracy, speed and power, however Melvin guillard is up there, too) are some of the best in MMA.

plus, Franklin does very poorly agaisnt other southpaws.

i think Vitor will own Franklin…

[quote]cycobushmaster wrote:
Xen Nova wrote:

i could be wrong, but i think Cockney knows most of those guys.[/quote]

Never met Anderson and I know his striking is off the hook so it is possible that I missjudge however having seen Belfort’s boxing close up and having talked to boxing people that have trained with him I give him the edge.

Anderson strikes from unorthodox angles and is very accurate. Belfort has a pretty orthodox style. I see a boxing match between the two looking like Naseem Hamed versus MAB.

Whatever I am really hyped for Satuday. Pretty Boy versus Marquez and the Franklin vs Belfort both free to air here in Mexico!

Xen Nova wrote:

i could be wrong, but i think Cockney knows most of those guys.[/quote]

Not second guessing him, sorry if it comes off that way. I’m actually curious what makes him think Vitor is a better boxer than Anderson. I’ve seen anderson purely box, I haven’t seen vitor.

my .02…

when Vitor came to the UFC, they did not do drug testing. however, he found God (i assume due to his family issues?) and got off the sauce, hence the quick weight class drop.

i think his hands (accuracy, speed and power, however Melvin guillard is up there, too) are some of the best in MMA.

plus, Franklin does very poorly agaisnt other southpaws.

i think Vitor will own Franklin…[/quote]

I don’t know about Steroids, and lets face it, plenty of people in tested sports are taking stuff, however I do know that he is a pretty short 6’ He is a naturally muscly guy however I was surprised at how small he was when I met him. I think 185 is a good weight for him to fight at.

[quote]Xen Nova wrote:
cycobushmaster wrote:
Xen Nova wrote:

i could be wrong, but i think Cockney knows most of those guys.

Not second guessing him, sorry if it comes off that way. I’m actually curious what makes him think Vitor is a better boxer than Anderson. I’ve seen anderson purely box, I haven’t seen vitor. [/quote]

I didn’t take it that way. And lets face it, based on my picks for the last two UFCs I don’t know sh1t!

I think it was common knowledge that Vitor was on when he joined the UFC, I have several Brazilian friends who would always talk about the “old” Vitor, how great he was when he was on juice, and from the videos Ive seen, I would have to agree. Vitor is the MMA version of Tyson in terms of his punching power, explosiveness, and ferocity. However, when talking about good punchers, I dont think he can compare to Liddell in terms of consistent single punch damage, nor to Anderson Silva in terms of precision.

Check out this incredible barrage on the axe murderer.

[quote]Shadowzz4 wrote:
I think it was common knowledge that Vitor was on when he joined the UFC, I have several Brazilian friends who would always talk about the “old” Vitor, how great he was when he was on juice, and from the videos Ive seen, I would have to agree. Vitor is the MMA version of Tyson in terms of his punching power, explosiveness, and ferocity. However, when talking about good punchers, I dont think he can compare to Liddell in terms of consistent single punch damage, nor to Anderson Silva in terms of precision.

Check out this incredible barrage on the axe murderer.

[/quote]

Whether he was taking steroids or not, stopping taking them is not like a switch that suddenly removes super powers.

The only reason a fighter would really crash in ability when they stop taking steroids would be if they believed they needed the steroids to be competitive. It is a mental thing.

[quote]Cockney Blue wrote:
Whether he was taking steroids or not, stopping taking them is not like a switch that suddenly removes super powers.

The only reason a fighter would really crash in ability when they stop taking steroids would be if they believed they needed the steroids to be competitive. It is a mental thing.[/quote]

So what are you saying, steroids didnt turn him from a couch potato to a brute? No shit sherlock. Ever hear of Ben Johnson? Crushed the competition in the 100 meter dash. Was he fast already? Yes. But he wasnt THAT fast. And what he gained from juicing was a MASSIVE advantage and it showed with the results. Same thing with Belfort. Of course there is a ton of natural ability there, but when it was enhanced he stood out tremendously, so um yea, it basically is like a switch having super powers if you can be a champion with something, and MAYBE could be a champion without it.

The moment you start to believe in Vitor, he falls flat on his face. I think Franklin dominates to a decision.

Franklin fights better competition than vitor.

Even in Vitor’s UFC days when he was just 24, he still gassed out by the 2nd round, now, he’ll gas out within 2 minutes, lol.

If Vitor doesn’t knock out franklin within a couple of minutes he’s already lost the fight.

[quote]Shadowzz4 wrote:
Cockney Blue wrote:

The only reason a fighter would really crash in ability when they stop taking steroids would be if they believed they needed the steroids to be competitive. It is a mental thing.

So what are you saying, steroids didnt turn him from a couch potato to a brute? No shit sherlock. Ever hear of Ben Johnson? Crushed the competition in the 100 meter dash. Was he fast already? Yes. But he wasnt THAT fast. And what he gained from juicing was a MASSIVE advantage and it showed with the results. Same thing with Belfort. Of course there is a ton of natural ability there, but when it was enhanced he stood out tremendously, so um yea, it basically is like a switch having super powers if you can be a champion with something, and MAYBE could be a champion without it.[/quote]

I think he looked so amazing when he started out simply because his striking was so much better than anyone he faced.

Randy made him doubt his own invincibility and he didn’t have the profesional management that he needed (mainly because the sport was in it’s infancy.)

As for Ben Johnson, we have no idea whether he would have won without steroids, we also don’t know how much of the rest of the field was on juice.

Even on the juice, he went the distance with Hendo and lost. Dont count this guy out.

if you want more info on him

As for Ben Johnson, we have no idea whether he would have won without steroids, we also don’t know how much of the rest of the field was on juice.[/quote]

Total sidetrack but regarding the others in that race, according to Chris Bell (Bigger, Faster, Stronger) only 1 of the competitors had not tested positive for banned substances leading up to that event.

[quote]Michael570 wrote:
Cockney Blue wrote:

As for Ben Johnson, we have no idea whether he would have won without steroids, we also don’t know how much of the rest of the field was on juice.

Total sidetrack but regarding the others in that race, according to Chris Bell (Bigger, Faster, Stronger) only 1 of the competitors had not tested positive for banned substances leading up to that event. [/quote]

I seemed to remember something like that but couldn’t remember where from, thanks.

Michael570 wrote:
Cockney Blue wrote:

Total sidetrack but regarding the others in that race, according to Chris Bell (Bigger, Faster, Stronger) only 1 of the competitors had not tested positive for banned substances leading up to that event.

I seemed to remember something like that but couldn’t remember where from, thanks.[/quote]

Well then I guess since everyone else was juicing in that race you could just assume Ben Johnson would have still won, and by just as much, but all the times would have been shifted slower. Is that how it works?

[quote]Shadowzz4 wrote:
Cockney Blue wrote:
Michael570 wrote:
Cockney Blue wrote:

I seemed to remember something like that but couldn’t remember where from, thanks.

Well then I guess since everyone else was juicing in that race you could just assume Ben Johnson would have still won, and by just as much, but all the times would have been shifted slower. Is that how it works?[/quote]

No, some of the times would have been better, some worse, some around the same.