Fight Science

Though some of you guys might appreciate this.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/122687/fight-science-mixed-martial-arts

Brand new set of episodes is coming out today actually. It doesn’t matter what kind of martial arts/fighting/military stuff you are into, its an entertaining show.

A professional boxers punch = 993 lbs of force, or as they put it in the show “its like a sledgehammer to the face”.

Muay Thai knee strike = force and compression results on the chest equivalent to that of a 35 mph car crash.

[quote]steelechris wrote:
Brand new set of episodes is coming out today actually. It doesn’t matter what kind of martial arts/fighting/military stuff you are into, its an entertaining show.

A professional boxers punch = 993 lbs of force, or as they put it in the show “its like a sledgehammer to the face”.

Muay Thai knee strike = force and compression results on the chest equivalent to that of a 35 mph car crash.[/quote]

Too bad that show is a load of shit… If there was some actual consistency in what they did then it would be nice…

[quote]Amiright wrote:

Too bad that show is a load of shit… If there was some actual consistency in what they did then it would be nice…[/quote]

I agree… they take a 200+ lb. boxer, have him hit something, and then have a 150 lb. Wing Chun guy hit something, then declare that boxers as a whole hit harder because of the measurements.

Kind of irritating.

But the show is entertaining.

what i thought was goofy was how they claim that these guys are masters and elitests of their sport. The boxer was a nobody however…the muay thai fighter was a real champion and the other guys seemed to have decent resume’s…but who was the boxer?..

they could of atleast had an ex champion boxer. If they did i bet that number would have been much highr…overall the show is pretty good…i prefer fight quest though

All of these shows are shit and are done for entertainment value. There’s no proper scientific process at play. It like that one of the female boxer comparing her punching power to the Male boxer of same weight class.

Male boxer performs a straight right to the dummy. Lucille performs a huge hook with a windup and hip switch at the start.

Same thing with that episode where they tried to prove the “death touch”/dim mak. Oh oh I present to you good chap, if you can strike here and here under the precise conditions of this and this and this at the exact timing needed, you can possibly kill someone. Too bad that shit doesn’t actually work in practice, since the body isn’t an unefficient organism that gets itself killed by some guy in black pajamas poking you in the solar plexus.