T Nation

Fight Scenes in Taken

Anyone see this movie? What’d you think of the fight scenes?

Saw it. Loved it.

Seemed like a lot of the fighting was based around disarming or their own using weapons against the attacker.

Now i don’t know enough to really make this statement, but isn’t that a lot of what Krav Maga is about ?

[quote]WS4JB wrote:
Saw it. Loved it.

Seemed like a lot of the fighting was based around disarming or their own using weapons against the attacker.

Now i don’t know enough to really make this statement, but isn’t that a lot of what Krav Maga is about ?[/quote]

I think it was based on Kali/Escrima. I

Absolutely loved this movie…had me on the ede of my seat. Action sequences were great IMO and I loved th fast pace of them…no messing…just business.

-OMC

One of my instructors saw it, loved it, & told me to go see it if only for the krav.

He said, “It made me wish I had a daughter, so that someone could kidnap her & I could go save her!”

Haven’t seen it yet, but so far everyone I’ve talked to has loved it.

I was figuring it mostly Krav and Escrima.

I liked the no bullshit approach- when you watch it, see how he goes for targets like the clavicle, the inside of the leg, and the throat nearly constantly.

I thought it was pretty realistic… or as realistic as a movie can be where an old guy kills approx. 364 people in a foreign country and SOMEHOW never gets arrested for it.

That guy is really sneaky.

I clearly need to learn more about Escrima, I know zero about it.

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:
…as realistic as a movie can be where an old guy kills approx. 364 people in a foreign country and SOMEHOW never gets arrested for it. [/quote]

You really need to hang out with me for a weekend, it’s a lot easier than you think.

[quote]Xen Nova wrote:
FightinIrish26 wrote:
…as realistic as a movie can be where an old guy kills approx. 364 people in a foreign country and SOMEHOW never gets arrested for it.

You really need to hang out with me for a weekend, it’s a lot easier than you think.[/quote]

LOL. Fair enough.

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:
Anyone see this movie? What’d you think of the fight scenes?[/quote]

Loved the movie.

Alot of those weren’t fights, they were ambushes. Reminded me of the good ole days in highschool.

Was pretty good for an action movie, I enjoyed it a lot.

[quote]Bujo wrote:
FightinIrish26 wrote:
Anyone see this movie? What’d you think of the fight scenes?

Loved the movie.

Alot of those weren’t fights, they were ambushes. Reminded me of the good ole days in highschool.[/quote]

Ambush is the only way to fight.

Fuck boxing. Hit them when their back is turned, I say.

Ha ha, one of my teachers says if you’re fighting a fair fight, you’re using terrible tactics.

Saw the movie. Fight scenes were great but did anybody notice how that girl didn’t care at all that her friend died?

Anyway, those throat chops looked brutal!

lol actually i didn’t even think of that…she was a slut anyway it didn’t matter…haha jk
aside from that, the more scary thing is that these things really do happen. certain mafia’s specialize in kidnapping…never wish such a thing on anyone.

[quote]Miss Parker wrote:
One of my instructors saw it, loved it, & told me to go see it if only for the krav.

He said, “It made me wish I had a daughter, so that someone could kidnap her & I could go save her!”

Haven’t seen it yet, but so far everyone I’ve talked to has loved it.[/quote]

Your instructor sounds like a faggot.

Unless he is ab ex special forces/covert ops/Rambo/Jason Bourne guy with a network of connections like the main character had in the movie; I’m sure his daughter would, if kidnapped not only be sucking an opium pipe, but a multitude of random dude’s pipes as well.

Ya watched it again last night.
She seemed to get over the trauma of her best friend dying awful quick.
The fight scenes in this movie are brilliant.
I fuckin love how realistic they are…
Out of interest anybody know how many ppl Liam killed in the movie?

[quote]kellerdp wrote:
Miss Parker wrote:

Unless he is ab ex special forces/covert ops/Rambo/Jason Bourne guy with a network of connections like the main character had in the movie; I’m sure his daughter would, if kidnapped not only be sucking an opium pipe, but a multitude of random dude’s pipes as well.

[/quote]

It’s a fucking joke douchebag. Calm yourself.

[quote]kellerdp wrote:
Miss Parker wrote:

[/quote]

Is sarcasm completely lost these days?