Fight Girls

Ok I will admit to watching the Oxygen network, but I would watch just about anything to get more Gina Carano!

Does anyone DVR this show? It is interesting, has alot more training in it than TUF and some good fights.

I think it is a good thing for a show like this on Oxygen, it should get alot more females interested in combat sports and sports in general.

Oh yea the fighters are hot to.

But where’s the jiu-jitsu? I want to see a girl putting the triangle on another girl. how hot would that be!

I hate watching women fight. The female body is not designed for that kind of abuse and I don’t want to be a spectator of a match where someone dies.

[quote]Sifu wrote:
I hate watching women fight. The female body is not designed for that kind of abuse and I don’t want to be a spectator of a match where someone dies. [/quote]

Women can fight and take just as much abuse as men can. Getting bruised and bloody is part of grappling.

OK. So most MMA girls don’t look like Gina Carrano, but they can fight like hell, for real.

[quote]HardcoreHorn wrote:
But where’s the jiu-jitsu? I want to see a girl putting the triangle on another girl. how hot would that be![/quote]

It would be better if it was full on MMA I agree but the world ain’t perfect.

[quote]Sifu wrote:
I hate watching women fight. The female body is not designed for that kind of abuse and I don’t want to be a spectator of a match where someone dies. [/quote]

Why is there more of a chance of a women dieing in a fight than a man?

They are fighting other women.

[quote]Sifu wrote:

Tell that to a group of female cops or women in the military.

:slight_smile:

[quote]Sifu wrote:

You’re right. To make it safer, I believe we should implement some changes;

1.) Remove their clothes so there is less of a chance for something to get hooked on.

2.) Fill the ring with an impact-absorbing substance like jello or pudding.

3.) Choose women with large gozangas to minimize the chance that a punch will collapse a lung.

I for one, would feel much better about watching knowing that the fighters safety was paramount.

[quote]Sifu wrote:
I hate watching women fight. The female body is not designed for that kind of abuse and I don’t want to be a spectator of a match where someone dies.[/quote]

Speak for yourself.

?[Sarmatian women] do not lay aside their virginity until they have killed three of their enemies, and they do not marry before they have performed the traditional sacred rites? (Hippocrates, Airs, Waters, Places, section 17).

http://people.uncw.edu/deagona/amazons/Sauromations2.htm

I watched the first episode, thought it was decent. Would’ve liked to have seen more of the training they did and to see the complete fight. Other than that, it was fine and it’s good to see athletic girls on TV. And, of course, seeing Gina is an added benefit.

[quote]Brant_Drake wrote:
I for one, would feel much better about watching and touching my penis knowing that the fighters safety was paramount.[/quote]

^^^^^
Fixed <:)

[quote]Xylene wrote:
Brant_Drake wrote:
I feel much better touching my penis.
^^^^^
Fixed <:)

[/quote]

No, there fixed.

[quote]Djwlfpack wrote:
I watched the first episode, thought it was decent. Would’ve liked to have seen more of the training they did and to see the complete fight. Other than that, it was fine and it’s good to see athletic girls on TV. And, of course, seeing Gina is an added benefit.[/quote]

I agree, I hate the edited fights, like on the contender.

But it fits for the core audeince they are going for.

[quote]Sifu wrote:

Hmm. What are you basing this on? I am one of the smallest guys in my gym, and so consequently train with our female athletes a lot.

They can take, and give, punishment just as good as the guys.

Sifu just bags on any form of combat that doesn’t adhere to the antiquated principles of TMA.

[quote]HardcoreHorn wrote:
But where’s the jiu-jitsu? I want to see a girl putting the triangle on another girl. how hot would that be![/quote]

If you strictly view women as sexual objects, of course you would not be attracted to female fighting - as fighting is not sexualized.

But if you view women as having value beyond their ability to copulate, you might be able appreciate the sport.

I don’t enjoy women’s MMA, but I do enjoy women’s grappling. I also don’t like the WEC or care for lightweight men’s fighting, either.

[quote]Sifu wrote:
The female body is not designed for that kind of abuse [/quote]

Nor is the male body. Look at Randy Couture’s face. His face is starting to look like an alligator’s. Wanderlai Silva has always been ugly, but he looks worse every year. Even Fedor Emelianenko is showing signs of abuse.

And that’s not to mention how their joints are going to feel in another decade. See, e.g., Bas Rutten.

It’s been said before: Being an elite athlete (especially an elite fighter) is NOT healthy, as the human (male and female) body is not designed for that kind of abuse.

So your swipe at women just shows what a troglodyte you are.

No I don’t enjoy women’s mma. There are just a handful of fighters who are good. Then it just gets really bad after that. Same with women’s boxing. For some reason they can look good in the gym but when they step in front of a live opponent everything goes to hell.

If it is grappling only then that is a different story. This has nothing to do with appreciating women, just that compared to the men it(mma) really isn’t that good. Though it doesn’t seem you can say this and not be labeled sexist.