Fight Fans: If Silva Faught Fedor

who is Dikta???

Who would win a fight between Ditka and God?

It’s a trick question, Ditka IS God.

[quote]TheG wrote:
who is Dikta???[/quote]

Seriously?

[quote]Donut62 wrote:
TheG wrote:
who is Dikta???

Seriously?[/quote]

Yeah my knowledge of professional fighting isn’t great, although I am a big fan I don’t know many names.

[quote]TheG wrote:
Donut62 wrote:
TheG wrote:
who is Dikta???

Seriously?

Yeah my knowledge of professional fighting isn’t great, although I am a big fan I don’t know many names. [/quote]

Lol, Mike Ditka is not a fighter, but a retired coach for american football. There’s a series of skits on Saturday Night Live where “The Superfans” make up hypothetical contest involving either Da Bears (Chicago Bears) or Coach Ditka. For example, I believe they had Ditka winning a Super Bowl by himself by the score of roughly 225-3, which is a ridiculously impossible score.

How about we change it to …If Fedor moved down to middleweight and went one on one with the Great One, sorry went to WWE mode, Anderson Silva. Imagine a 185lb Fedor

“Years ago, we hardly had anything to eat. Now I earn more money and I see every opponent as a man that tries to put me back to that period. That man has to be eliminated.” - Fedor Emelianenko

I understand that as “No way I’m fuckin’ dieting again”

:slight_smile:

[quote]Doug Adams wrote:
TheG wrote:
Donut62 wrote:
TheG wrote:
who is Dikta???

Seriously?

Yeah my knowledge of professional fighting isn’t great, although I am a big fan I don’t know many names.

Lol, Mike Ditka is not a fighter, but a retired coach for american football. There’s a series of skits on Saturday Night Live where “The Superfans” make up hypothetical contest involving either Da Bears (Chicago Bears) or Coach Ditka. For example, I believe they had Ditka winning a Super Bowl by himself by the score of roughly 225-3, which is a ridiculously impossible score.[/quote]

That explains why I don’t know who he is, I’m English.

[quote]Fiction wrote:
They should have a Wasteland at T-Nation.[/quote]

LOL. This thread is a 5.

[quote]TheG wrote:
Doug Adams wrote:
TheG wrote:
Donut62 wrote:
TheG wrote:
who is Dikta???

Seriously?

Lol, Mike Ditka is not a fighter, but a retired coach for american football. There’s a series of skits on Saturday Night Live where “The Superfans” make up hypothetical contest involving either Da Bears (Chicago Bears) or Coach Ditka. For example, I believe they had Ditka winning a Super Bowl by himself by the score of roughly 225-3, which is a ridiculously impossible score.

That explains why I don’t know who he is, I’m English. [/quote]

Ahahah, yeah I got you now. Sometimes I take for granted the narrow appeal of American Football to just the States.

[quote]TheG wrote:
who is Dikta???[/quote]

I have no idea who Dikta is.

How the hell do these people not know who Ditka is? You don’t need to know that he coached the greatest team the NFL has ever seen. Just know that Ditka=God.

Mike Ditka was the coach of the Chicago Bears (American football team) in the 80’s. They won the Superbowl with him in 1985 (I think), and he was considered a really great coach.

Saturday Night Live (an American sketch comedy TV show, for you foreigners) had a recurring skit they would do called Super Fans (I think) about a bunch of fat, Polish sausage-eating, blue collar Chicago Bears (and Bulls – that’s Chicago’s basketball team) fans who worshipped Mike Ditka. They would always ask each other things like, “Ok, Ditka vs. God in a golf match. Who wins?” “Ditka!!!” "Ok, Ditka vs. a hurricane . . . " and so on.

Here’s the only clip of them I could find (with Michael Jordan on the show that day):

[quote]analog_kid wrote:
TheG wrote:
who is Dikta???

I have no idea who Dikta is. [/quote]

[quote]Damici wrote:
Mike Ditka was the coach of the Chicago Bears (American football team) in the 80’s. They won the Superbowl with him in 1985 (I think), and he was considered a really great coach.

Saturday Night Live (an American sketch comedy TV show, for you foreigners) had a recurring skit they would do called Super Fans (I think) about a bunch of fat, Polish sausage-eating, blue collar Chicago Bears (and Bulls – that’s Chicago’s basketball team) fans who worshipped Mike Ditka. They would always ask each other things like, “Ok, Ditka vs. God in a golf match. Who wins?” “Ditka!!!” "Ok, Ditka vs. a hurricane . . . " and so on.

Here’s the only clip of them I could find (with Michael Jordan on the show that day):

http://www.evtv1.com/player.aspx?itemnum=6203

analog_kid wrote:
TheG wrote:
who is Dikta???

[/quote]

Follow for me a second here:

He asked who DiKta is. D-I-K-T-A Not Ditka, DiKta. I was trying to be a funny guy.

Aaah, didn’t catch that. Well, at least the non-Americans now know who Ditka is.

[quote]analog_kid wrote:
Damici wrote:

http://www.evtv1.com/player.aspx?itemnum=6203

analog_kid wrote:
TheG wrote:
who is Dikta???

Follow for me a second here:

He asked who DiKta is. D-I-K-T-A Not Ditka, DiKta. I was trying to be a funny guy.
[/quote]

[quote]chitown34 wrote:
How the hell do these people not know who Ditka is? You don’t need to know that he coached the greatest team the NFL has ever seen. Just know that Ditka=God. [/quote]

Simple answer to this is outside of the US, the NFL is about as known/important as ping pong. especially because the rest of the world considers football to be a completely different sport (one where your foot actually touches the ball all the time).

[quote]TheG wrote:
chitown34 wrote:
How the hell do these people not know who Ditka is? You don’t need to know that he coached the greatest team the NFL has ever seen. Just know that Ditka=God.

Simple answer to this is outside of the US, the NFL is about as known/important as ping pong. especially because the rest of the world considers football to be a completely different sport (one where your foot actually touches the ball all the time). [/quote]

Hey, don’t knock ping pong. :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote]analog_kid wrote:
TheG wrote:
who is Dikta???

I have no idea who Dikta is. [/quote]

Haha my bad. If I saw that you were from Wisconsin I would have realized you were kidding. Rodgers looks good but I see the Bears storming back to win the NFC. Bear down!

[quote]TheG wrote:
If anderson silva moved up to heavyweight and had a one on one with Fedor who would win…

Discuss…[/quote]

epic

fail