T Nation

Fight Fans: If Silva Faught Fedor...

If anderson silva moved up to heavyweight and had a one on one with Fedor who would win…

Discuss…

They should have a Wasteland at T-Nation.

What is your avatar?

Why did you mention “one on one”, have you ever seen a two on one in UFC?

Anyways, Fedor is always the good answer.

Why Silva? Why not BJ or Faber? What if Faber went up to superheavy and fought Bob Sapp.

Ditka.

[quote]dhickey wrote:
Why Silva? Why not BJ or Faber? What if Faber went up to superheavy and fought Bob Sapp.[/quote]

just about as feasible.

questions like this are too broad. if silva moved up to heavyweight he’d be slower his cardio would be shit, etc.

do you meant stylistically is silva a good matchup for fedor?
hell stylistically a LOT of people have been great matches for fedor and they all got their shit ruined.

[quote]TheG wrote:
What is your avatar?[/quote]

Evan Tanner eating something raw.

[quote]Xen Nova wrote:

hell stylistically a LOT of people have been great matches for fedor and they all got their shit ruined. [/quote]

Exactly.

Rickson by armbar.

[quote]Damici wrote:
Ditka.[/quote]

“But what IF the hurricane’s name is Ditka ???”

Ditka vs Fedor with rocket launcher will be fair fight. But I have to go with Ditka.

No, I think the real question is:
What if Bruce Lee went up to heavyweight to fight fedor.

[quote]dhickey wrote:
Why Silva? Why not BJ or Faber? What if Faber went up to superheavy and fought Bob Sapp.[/quote]

If you would have said BJ instead of Faber, that would be a believable matchup (in Japan).

Unless he stays in the game too long, I truly think that Fedor is going to retire with his only loss being to Koshaka.

Predicting hypothetical fights are like pre-season football rankings, utterly worthless.

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:
Predicting hypothetical fights are like pre-season football rankings, utterly worthless.[/quote]

Good analogy.

This fight will never happen, so we will never truly know how the fight would turn out. But, if I had to put money one someone, it would be Fedor. Add 40-50 lbs to Silva and he’d lose a lot of his speed, his conditioning would suffer, and he’d be fighting a much naturally larger, more powerful fighter.

My suspicion is that the fight would resemble Fedor vs Cro Cop in many ways. Fedor is ultra aggressive and would probably just beat Silva up, chasing him around the ring until he could eventually take him down and either pound him into a TKO, or submit him. Could Silva get lucky and KO him? Maybe. But the odds would be in Fedor’s favor.

It actually is fairly feasible for Silva to fight Fedor, the logistics will simply never happen.
Dana said before the Irvin fight that Silva was walking around at like 220-225 and given that Fedor is 230, they’re pretty much already in the same weight class.

So it’s not a stretch like saying for BJ to pack on 70 pounds to make the fight happen.

[quote]Seego wrote:
It actually is fairly feasible for Silva to fight Fedor, the logistics will simply never happen.
Dana said before the Irvin fight that Silva was walking around at like 220-225 and given that Fedor is 230, they’re pretty much already in the same weight class.

So it’s not a stretch like saying for BJ to pack on 70 pounds to make the fight happen.[/quote]

BJ would do it

So much for that adage about “no such thing as a stupid question.”

[quote]chitown34 wrote:
Unless he stays in the game too long, I truly think that Fedor is going to retire with his only loss being to Koshaka. [/quote]

He certainly picks and chooses his fights now. I don’t see him losing either. Except to Ditka. Ditka. Ditka.