Fight Club Workout

My friends and I are most likely going to start an underground fight club. This is not going to be a big thing; just our school friends will be involved. What i was wondering is if anyone knows what is the best way to train for this.

I will be fighting people mcuh larger than myself (I am about 140 LBS. and the next lightest competetor will be 185 LBS. The largest person i will fight will be 255 LBS.) I think my only chance to win these fights will be on conditioning and skill.

If anyone has any ideas that can help me please leave your thoughts.
Thanks.

Learn some jiu-jitsu so you can clinch the big fellas up and wear them out…also learn to shoot when someone steps in to swing at you. Learn some good leg kicks and how to use knees inside. Focus on learning to punch straight under pressure because the fight will start and they will try to take your head off.

Remember, as they swing wildly that’s the perfect time to duck under and clinch them up. When they come forward do not back straight up, change levels and move forward. Good luck!

[quote]eatdeuce wrote:
My friends and I are most likely going to start an underground fight club. This is not going to be a big thing; just our school friends will be involved. What i was wondering is if anyone knows what is the best way to train for this.

I will be fighting people mcuh larger than myself (I am about 140 LBS. and the next lightest competetor will be 185 LBS. The largest person i will fight will be 255 LBS.) I think my only chance to win these fights will be on conditioning and skill.

If anyone has any ideas that can help me please leave your thoughts.
Thanks.[/quote]
Now why would you want to have guys stomp a mud puddle out of your ignorant ass.

Not joking at all, I think this is the single dumbest thing I’ve ever heard. IT WAS A MOVIE!! Let it go, that way when you look back in five years you will realize how ridiculous this is. Or get your ass beat by a 250lb. gorilla. To each his own…

[quote]pdibby wrote:
Not joking at all, I think this is the single dumbest thing I’ve ever heard. IT WAS A MOVIE!! Let it go, that way when you look back in five years you will realize how ridiculous this is. Or get your ass beat by a 250lb. gorilla. To each his own…[/quote]

You mean it isn’t a joke??

I say let him get his ass handed to him.

I’m just happy that he didn’t post:
“So I just watched Fight Club last night and Brad looked so ripped/cut/swole/hot. How do I get a body like his? Should I cut?”

Every once in a while there’s someone that is going to start a “fight club” that starts a thread. They always ask for advice but there’s not really any kind of fighting advice that anyone can give that would be beneficial. You can’t get better at fighting by reading a computer screen, plain and simple.

The best advice I can think of is to not start that club. If you must do it, then set up strict rules and get some big hand pads/ gloves, or you guys are going to get seriously messed up.

Best of luck in not getting your ass stomped!

[quote]ND_reeves wrote:
“So I just watched Fight Club last night and Brad looked so ripped/cut/swole/hot. How do I get a body like his? Should I cut?”[/quote]

That’s what I thought it was gonna be. How disappointing.

This is the stupidist thing i have ever heard.

Lately ive seen alot of kids thinking that violence is cool and doing shit like this, or going out getting pissed and beating someone up. Then crying, sobbing, and lying to the court when they accidently kill someone and claim ignorance or whatever.

1. Hitting someone in the head can kill someone. Their brain can haemerage (sp?).

2. Dito with their head hitting the ground

3. getting kicked, stomped, in the sternum/head/throat when on the ground. head impact on ground.

4. concussions, etc.

Lets not forget all the things you should value, ie: Teeth, bone/joint health, etc…

The human body just cant handle these hits you see in the movies. Even trained athletes couldnt take alot of it. Im not saying they cant take a beating, they can… but its still dangerous, especially with KIDS.

In these circumstance if things go too far (and they will), what type of help do you have available? medical? Any legal protection? Its all fun and games until someones mother has to pick her kid up from emergency. How do you feel about court? Im not talking about fear but as a hinderance to doing with your life what you wish?

Let me tell you alot of these kids arnt going to be able to let it go. They are going to want to get back at you once they’ve been hurt.

I bet most of you would give it up after a week as its very unpleasant.

if you wanna fight, join a club. Something with a qualified instructor who can build you up and assess what your ready for, then goto comps with medical staff in attendance and insurance.

Now dont even get me started on your misinterpretation of the book/movie. I think your missing the underlying point. Please dont link your stupidity to a wonderfull book.

How about not walk into a ring with someone who weighs more then 115lbs more then you(unless he’s a fat fat bastard).

[quote]ND_reeves wrote:
“So I just watched Fight Club last night and Brad looked so ripped/cut/swole/hot. How do I get a body like his? Should I cut?”[/quote]

Agreed.

Don’t do it man. You’ll be sorry. Nothing good will come of it.

If anyone gets seriously injured, be sure to film it and post it here. You’ll be the toast of the Internet!

As long as you invite diesel weasel to join I think it’s cool.

[quote]pdibby wrote:
Not joking at all, I think this is the single dumbest thing I’ve ever heard. IT WAS A MOVIE!! Let it go, that way when you look back in five years you will realize how ridiculous this is. Or get your ass beat by a 250lb. gorilla. To each his own…[/quote]

No offense, I love fighting and beating the crap out of people, but mindless fight… not really. Maybe if the guys were going to go on your girlfriend or something, but just a club to beat up people, not fun stuff dude.

You’re in deep shit.

First things first: Dont do this, join an MMA gym. You will learn so much more, and not lose teeth!

I know it sounds like a great idea, but the reality is that these guys will hit much much harder than you, even if you are quicker. As someone who is ALWAYS the smallest guy sparring in the gym I know this first hand. You will not win unless you have a ground game and they don’t.

Anyway, don’t do it.

Where you live, there are four major martial arts schools that train you for real life - anything goes- fighting. You get paid to train there. They are called US Navy, US Air Force, US Army and US Marines. Just google a bit an you’ll find all you need to know.

Their beginners program, called “boot camp”, is very effective. If you ask politely you’ll be able be able to test your newly acquired skills in Iraq or Afghanistan. This will give you a chance to fight real tough SOB’s from Al Quaeda, instead of nice boys of the debating society.

When you come back home, all your friends will be impressed - provided of course you don’t miss an arm or a leg. If you get killed, your mom will get a nice US flag and a shiny medal to put beside your picture.

Let us know how this works out for you.

You know, kids just do stupid things somtimes. When I was 18, a couple of my friends and I would go over to Marquette University’s sports training field, climb on the high jump landing pad, and box. None of had ever boxed, but we had a few sets of gloves, and for whatever retarded reason we thought it would be safer, and more fun, on the high jump pad.

My friends and I did a lot of stupid things growing up, (a few of us are still paying the price for some of our actions) but even we weren’t dumb enough to just fight seriously on a regular basis.

seriously, just get an xbox 360.

In order to get used to being hit I suggest you sprint face first into trees and walls.

Good luck and post pictures.