Fictional T-Men

Bobba Fett? That guy was perhaps the most over-rated fictional character in history. Sure he had the cool armor, which in the action figure shot that plastic rocket from his back, but come on!! He has THE most embarassing death of anyone in the entire Star Wars series – he essentially died by accident when his backpack leaked and chucked him into the Sarlac Pitt (Brad Pitt’s older brother). He doesn’t do anything, barely says anything, and is only remembered for looking vaguely cool. What’s the deal?

God I’m such a dork for even thinking about writing this post…

The main character in the fountainhead is Howard Roark. Yes, he does rule.

Lot’s of good ones mentioned. Too bad the Doc Savage movie from the early 70s wasn’t made into a serial as was promised in the closing credits. Anyway, how about Rooster Cogburn as portrayed by the Duke?

MARIO! He has a fifteen-foot vertical!

I’m going to have to step into Greek Mythology for this one. How 'bout Hercules or even Jason from Jason and the Argonauts?

No way, guys. The greatest fictional T-Man ever is Jack Bauer on 24. Nothing, and I mean nothing can stop him.

{Smacks head} Batman! Of course! I’ve been watching the Justice League cartoons. You have people like Superman (invulnerable, super-strong, can fly, enhanced senses), Wonder Woman (can fly, super strong, magic items), the Martian Manhunter (can fly, phase, super-strong, shapeshift, and a telepath). They’re off saving the world all the time. But sometimes things get too bad, too rough, too tough. You know who they call?

Batman. For back-up. This guy plays in the big leagues, and he’s lowering his standards. This guy is entirely driven to be the best, and he never forgets to be cultured and gentlemanly.

…'course, he IS mad as a hatter, but STILL!

The main character to “The Fountainhead” is Howard Roark. I would also go with Galt, Rearden, and even Dagny Taggart.

Rambo. Took out 2,000 Russian soldiers with only his officer for support. That’s a man!

Well, if you overlook the fact that Hercules ditched the Argo to search for his sweet boy lover, yeah, I guess he’s a T-man…

What the hell is wrong with you people? I had a mission to save the President at all costs. I had to break out of jail, escape being held in custody by the secret service, kill several bad guys, save my family, and give a damn good performance for the Fox cameras that kept following me around. Oh yeah, and I had to do it all in 24 hours. Now, at this very moment, I’m saving Los Angles from being blown to smithereens, and, even though I’m on my way to prevent all of my coworkers from being blown up, I still find the time to log on to the T-Mag discussion forums. And hell, back in 1990 I even flatlined myself, starting a craze that Julia Roberts, Kevin Bacon and Billy Baldwin joined in on. Who could possibly be better than me? Bobba Fett? Ha! I eat Bobba Fetts for breakfast. Rudy Ruettiger? Ha! I eat Rudys for appetizers. Howard Roark? Ha! I’ve got chunks in my stool that are bigger than Howard. (At least, I think Bobba’s armor is bigger than Howie.) The discussion should end here. I am the greatest T-man ever!!

Oooohhh…I almost forgot (and forgive me in advance if I screw up the spelling) – “Snake” Pliskin from Escape from New York/Escape from L.A. Hell, just about ANY John Carpenter protagonist is one hell of a T-Man!

Batman, Conan, Solid Snake.

And if you overlook the fact that Hercules killed his wife and children (which was the reason he was sent on the tasks)…

Okay, fine, Hercules SUCKS as a T-Man. How about Ripley from the Alien movies? A true T-Vixen to be sure.

Ripley’s not too bad at all… mmmn white singlet and panties…

How about Race Bannon, Jonny Quest’s pal? He’s a judo expert,pilot,outdoorsman.
I didn’t mention Conan earlier because I figure anyone who recognizes my handle would know the Cimmerian goes without saying.

doogie, it’s nice to see someone else here appreciate Roland. definitely think he’s the definition of a t-man, props to ya for agreeing with me :slight_smile:

To all the Ayn Rand fans: thumbs up on Howard Roark and Hank Reardon. But how could you all forget Fransisco DeAnconia (sp?)?! Also another vote for Robert Jordan in Hemingway’s For Whom the Bell Tolls. The part at the end where he’s kissed Maria goodbye and know’s he’s going to be killed the the Spanish soldiers–but he intends to take as many of them out before he goes…whew! Now that there is cajones!

i cant believe you guys forgot “the outlaw josey wales.”

“dying aint much of a livin boyyyyyyyy!!!”