T Nation

Fictional T-Men

Who do you all think are the greatest fictional T-Men? (whether from a novel, movie or whatever)

My personal favourite is Ben Richards from “The Running Man” (the book). That dude is one bad ass. Definitely a good book to read for all those T-Men who haven’t done so!

Any good guy in any Ayn Rand book. The ultimate being the main character in The Fountainhead. (Forgot his name! I’m so ashamed!)

Roland, from Stephen Kings The Dark Tower series of books.

The list is long.

Maximus from Gladiator.

Rudy Ruettiger from the movie Rudy.

Paul Atreides from the book Dune.

Aragorn from the book The Fellowship of the Ring.

Conan the Barbarian.

I’ll stop with that.

Duke Nukem.

Vanilla Ice in the smash-hit “Cool as Ice”

Okay, just joking.

Reeves from Terminator. This guy went buck naked into a foreign past to battle a highly superior enemy. Why? To save the world. Cripes, the guy went after the terminator with a crow-bar (or a pipe, or whatever) after having his arm broken.

That’s easy. Ash (Bruce Campbell) from the Evil Dead Trilogy.

Lee Enery (?) you know the DI from Full Metal Jacket (the greatest war movie ever made)

Ummm…I believe Rudy was non-fiction.
Doc Savage is a T-man

Right you are. I’m sure they embellished a little, however.

I agree with Tri. Doc Savage was my first role model, Dorsais from Gordon Dickson novels are great too. Best of Luck.

Tyler F’n Durden.

MBE: “The second rule of T-cell NYC/Metro is…”

-Eric

Bobba Fett!

Just saw I for the first time in years. Michael from The Deer Hunter. (De Niro)

"I do three bullets, three, one, two, three."

That took some balls.

I have to agree with Tri and Older Lifter, Doc Savage. Thanks, brought back some memories

Yep, it’s hard to top Doc Savage. Although the books are really dated now.

If, as T-Mag has decreed, women can also be T-“men”, then I’d have to put in a vote for the heroine of “In Conquest Born”. Anyone read that book? Best adventure sci-fi ever - and I don’t say that lightly.

Gunny Highway (Clint Eastwood) from “Heartbreak Ridge”. “I’m mean nasty and tired, I eat constatina wire and piss napalm…” .

Rudy Ruitegger is real man. Come on everybody knows that!!!

Bob Lee Swagger in the Stephen Hunter sniper books. The frisy was titled “Point Of Impact”. Great action and fairly realistic in terms of gunplay.