Fibre Before Bed?

Fibre supplements, PSYLLIUM in particular, often recommend being taken before bed with adequate ater. I don’t understand how this can be a good thing though - you’ll not be drinking water after it again for a good 8 hours, and by drinking a large amount before bed are you not going to just end up waking in the night multiple times to wee?

[quote]British Beef wrote:
Fibre supplements, PSYLLIUM in particular, often recommend being taken before bed with adequate ater. I don’t understand how this can be a good thing though - you’ll not be drinking water after it again for a good 8 hours, and by drinking a large amount before bed are you not going to just end up waking in the night multiple times to wee?[/quote]

Adequate water could be about 10 ounces for a normal serving. For me, that’s not so much that I can’t sleep through the night.

Also, waking up at night to pee isn’t really too abnormal.

But if it’s a problem, just have it before dinner or something…there’s nothing magical about having it right before bed.

Never been a problem for me. Try it and see what works.

How does waking up to pee make this bad?

What if you wake up and have sex for 3 hours and get more dehydrated?

[quote]Professor X wrote:

What if you wake up and have sex for 3 hours and get more dehydrated?[/quote]

I would’ve thought that disrupting your sleep, outside of it’s natural cycles, might not be the best thing for you.

[quote]British Beef wrote:

[quote]Professor X wrote:

What if you wake up and have sex for 3 hours and get more dehydrated?[/quote]

I would’ve thought that disrupting your sleep, outside of it’s natural cycles, might not be the best thing for you.[/quote]

You thought wrong, bitch.
Don’t ever argue with X.