T Nation

Fiber Colon Cleanse Doesn't Work!

Dear Forum Members,

This may sound gross and un-lady-like. However, It has been 3 days since i have used the b-room and have been very irregular ( if u know what i mean). The Colon Cleanse Fiber Supplement has not helped, if anything just made it worse. tomorrow is wk 3 and its like yo, I don’t know what to do. This is unnecessary water weight that I am holding on to. This is probably why my weight has not been coming down anymore. Anyone on the V-diet with substitutions for stomach cleansing products, Please let me know. This is not good

Thanks

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

OK i will try that. i just down 3 tsp of the supplement in my casein shake, i usually mix it in with that or just with a glass of water. You have no idea how tight i am now, because thats weight that can be comin off me after tomorrow i got one more week this is not cool! i need to be below 200 to get close enough to my goal. My man is like you are doing great u lost 14 lbs in 2 weeks why are u complaining!

im not but its unhealthy to have this mess inside of me. Plus i think what makes it worse is that i have always been a little bit more on the irregular side than most all the way from childhood. :frowning: Mabee i need to take more than 3 tsp

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

lol wow, nah but yes i am taking HOT-ROX and i have not had any issues with it except that i get kinda edgy when i take 3. i usually take 2 per day but im gonna try to tuff it out i have 1 more week left

Wow i see that you’re from wales that’s hot. Have you ever been to the states before?

swiss kriss makes some laxative flakes from senna, etc. works wonders. take at night before bed.

you may also want to take a gander up on drnatura.com - fiber & tea guaranteed to make anyone go - made quite a few unregular folks i know, quite regular now.

also try taking several caps of magnesium - will liquify anything just sitting around - recommend one doesn’t wander too far from a toilet.

good luck - being backed up is sure one awful thing to be…

[quote]lil_azn wrote:
swiss kriss makes some laxative flakes from senna, etc. works wonders. take at night before bed.

you may also want to take a gander up on drnatura.com - fiber & tea guaranteed to make anyone go - made quite a few unregular folks i know, quite regular now.

also try taking several caps of magnesium - will liquify anything just sitting around - recommend one doesn’t wander too far from a toilet.

good luck - being backed up is sure one awful thing to be…[/quote]

OK I will try that as well I think i am going to have one more tblsp of fiber with water. Which means i will have had 5 teaspoons instead of 3. I just got off the phone making an appointment for a colonic as well.

I hope and pray that it will hel. it’s expensive like all hell but Im willing to try it, only because i have a big fear of enemas NO WAY JOSE AM I SHOVING NOTHING LIKE THAT UP MY BUTT!! lol
Btw, will any of this stuff have an effect on the HOT-ROX or the shakes that i am drinking on the v-diet?

If your seriously backed up, may i suggest Epsom salts diluted in a glass of water. It will clear out everything, not painful either.
Also, you might want to drink extra water, constipation can result from too much fiber without proper hydration…

Interesting - it looks like the herbal senna might just be an expensive version of Ex-lax.

From wikipedia - there are a bunch of different categories of laxatives - try one from a different category if your current choice doesn’t work. Seems like senna and HotRX would both stimulate peristaltic action.

PS - It’d be cool if you tried Epsom salt. It’s super cheap, and feels great as a bath salt when you’re sore. I’ve never tried it as a laxative, but it’d be great if it’s an effective laxative as well.

I believe colon cleanse products are psyllium. When taking psyllium, you must drink tons tons tons TONS of water with it. Try a soluble fiber supplement instead, like Fibersure.

Coffee is a great laxative.

[quote]andersons wrote:
I believe colon cleanse products are psyllium. When taking psyllium, you must drink tons tons tons TONS of water with it. Try a soluble fiber supplement instead, like Fibersure.

Coffee is a great laxative. [/quote]

but how can i drink coffee on the v-diet i thought u can only have shakes?

[quote]HoratioSandoval wrote:
Interesting - it looks like the herbal senna might just be an expensive version of Ex-lax.

From wikipedia - there are a bunch of different categories of laxatives - try one from a different category if your current choice doesn’t work. Seems like senna and HotRX would both stimulate peristaltic action.

PS - It’d be cool if you tried Epsom salt. It’s super cheap, and feels great as a bath salt when you’re sore. I’ve never tried it as a laxative, but it’d be great if it’s an effective laxative as well.[/quote]

i heard epsom salt tastes nasty lol iono i have been wating to try it though.

And im guessing you would not reccommend senna? and if it is an overpriced ex-lax" im pretty sure it may not go well with HOT-ROX ya know? boi oh boi what am i gonna do lol. I might just do the colonic since they say it will help you lose 10 lbs of water weight

I’d be careful taking lots of teas and coffees on top of your HOT-ROX.

EDIT - Epsom might taste nasty, but it’s $2 for a huge carton. Not sure how much your colonic will be. :slight_smile:

[quote]HoratioSandoval wrote:
I’d be careful taking lots of teas and coffees on top of your HOT-ROX.

EDIT - Epsom might taste nasty, but it’s $2 for a huge carton. Not sure how much your colonic will be. :)[/quote]

yea its something like 60-135 bucks for one session, i found one near my house for 70.

[quote]lexee_tha_great wrote:
lil_azn wrote:
swiss kriss makes some laxative flakes from senna, etc. works wonders. take at night before bed.

you may also want to take a gander up on drnatura.com - fiber & tea guaranteed to make anyone go - made quite a few unregular folks i know, quite regular now.

also try taking several caps of magnesium - will liquify anything just sitting around - recommend one doesn’t wander too far from a toilet.

good luck - being backed up is sure one awful thing to be…

OK I will try that as well I think i am going to have one more tblsp of fiber with water. Which means i will have had 5 teaspoons instead of 3. I just got off the phone making an appointment for a colonic as well. I hope and pray that it will hel. it’s expensive like all hell but Im willing to try it, only because i have a big fear of enemas NO WAY JOSE AM I SHOVING NOTHING LIKE THAT UP MY BUTT!! lol
Btw, will any of this stuff have an effect on the HOT-ROX or the shakes that i am drinking on the v-diet?[/quote]

colonics tend to reach only the lower part of the colon - may not be where your problem is - i use the dr. natura fiber - i mix in with my shakes. none could be regarded as stimulants. i’ve used HOT-ROX before and never had a problem with my ‘make sure i go’ routine. vitacost.com has the swiss kriss tablets quite cheap.

i take 4 before bed time - after i’ve had my cup of senna tea - i use smooth move by traditional medicine (i think that’s the name of the company) haven’t had a problem in the last 4 years. amen & hallelujah!!!

thru the day, i drink lots of water and make sure i take in enuf fiber as well.

btw - in a pinch, the magnesium overload does work. could create quite a symphony though i must warn you.

good luck to you lady - i remember those old feelings…yuck!

fwiw - i believe a major component of epsom salts is magnesium. if you are going to ingest - i would make sure it is food grade. just my 2 cents…

250 tabs of swiss kriss (senna) runs about $8.00 or so on vitacost. the tea is about $4.00 a box for i think it is 16 or 20 bags. dr. natura fiber tad bit high about $30.00 - and worth every penny as far as i am concerned.

I had the same problem last week and infact I have that problem now.
ben stuffed up for days and feeling really “crappy”

anyways what worked before was an herb my mom gave me called Cascara Sagrada

I went over board last time and took a handfull instead of the 2 I was supposed to and I couldnt leave the b-room for the whole day

it takes a while usually over night but it works

Dr Natura’s Colonix have done wonders for me - and I’m always regular, so I mean in a sense I’ve been feeling really better and have better endurance since. One of my friend also had great effects. His wife on the other hand felt… like shit on it and has been more constipated since.

Obviously no everyone reacts the same. Case in point: HRX. I used to barely tolerate caffeine I can use 3-4 caps of HRX a day and feel fine.

Anyway, not sure it was helpul for you, but it might help. Good luck.

I tried Dr Natura’s Colonix (to the letter I might add) and while it did make me more regular I was dissapointed not to see the scary things they show on the website. I returned the entire package for a refund. A simple laxative would have done the same thing for a fraction of the cost.