FFB's Worst and Best Pics

Hey guys. I am a FFB and lately I have been losing some motivation. I took a week off thinking it might just be some overtraining taking its tole on my attitude.

I came back this week and while it feels nice to get back under the iron, I am still a little unmotivated. I look in the mirror and still see a guy who needs A LOT of work. Even though I am half what i used to be, the image is still there.

Any other FFB knows what I mean. Does anyone have pics of before when they were at their biggest and then pics of you at your BEST shape??? I just want to see that it IS possible to get to where I want to be.

My wedding is now only about 6 months away and it scares me that I cant get to where I want to be by then…if ever. Right now I am doing CT’s mutation series and WOW. I have never done a split before and this is tearing me up.

Working a muscle group to the point of exhaustion is pretty different than full body workouts. I also notice more of a pump and almost instant hypertrophy feeling.

Well if you guys have any pics or have any inspiring words I would appreciate it. Time I stop my bitching and get something done. I just need to know that light is actually at the end of the tunnel.

Are you the guys who was asking about loose skin a little while back?

I’m asking because I want to understand what you hope for in the next six months.

Why is it so important to be “done” by your wedding?

What I suspect is the most important question, how long ago did you get engaged.

I’m being totally serious here.

[quote]boss99er wrote:
Hey guys. I am a FFB and lately I have been losing some motivation. I took a week off thinking it might just be some overtraining taking its tole on my attitude.

I came back this week and while it feels nice to get back under the iron, I am still a little unmotivated. I look in the mirror and still see a guy who needs A LOT of work. Even though I am half what i used to be, the image is still there.

Any other FFB knows what I mean. Does anyone have pics of before when they were at their biggest and then pics of you at your BEST shape??? I just want to see that it IS possible to get to where I want to be.

My wedding is now only about 6 months away and it scares me that I cant get to where I want to be by then…if ever. Right now I am doing CT’s mutation series and WOW. I have never done a split before and this is tearing me up.

Working a muscle group to the point of exhaustion is pretty different than full body workouts. I also notice more of a pump and almost instant hypertrophy feeling.

Well if you guys have any pics or have any inspiring words I would appreciate it. Time I stop my bitching and get something done. I just need to know that light is actually at the end of the tunnel.[/quote]

This is why you MUST take before pictures when you diet. I still have 15 pounds of fat to lose. The last are always the hardest. Looking at my before pics reminds me how far I’ve come and reminds me to remain steady.

So… Start taking more pics to monitor your progress.

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:
Are you the guys who was asking about loose skin a little while back? [/quote]

Not that I know of. I have mentioned before that I have some, but that has never really been a huge issue. Yep, its annoying, but i dont have enough to be a big problem.

[quote]
I’m asking because I want to understand what you hope for in the next six months.

Why is it so important to be “done” by your wedding?[/quote]

I dont want to be “done” by my wedding, I just have a certain point I would like to get to. I guess I would just like some motivation. I dont want anyone to say, “you can get to this exact point by then” I just want to see and hear from guys that have done it so it will push me to keep giving it everything I can.

Also, you asked about how long ago I got engaged. Not sure what you were asking but i got engaged about 4 months ago. I have made good progress since then, its just that I want to make more. I know I have COMPLETELY changed myself from where I started at 285 or so. As weights enthusiasts though, is “some” ever enough??? I dont think my goal is something I cant reach in 6 months, I just need a push.

[quote]CaliforniaLaw wrote:
This is why you MUST take before pictures when you diet. I still have 15 pounds of fat to lose. The last are always the hardest. Looking at my before pics reminds me how far I’ve come and reminds me to remain steady.
[/quote]

Yeah I know, when I started working out, I did it just to lose weight. Not really to gain muscle…just to get rid of some fat. As the progress went on, I started to get more into lifting. I just never started taking pics. I will start tonight by taking some pics and see just how far I can push myself.

[quote]boss99er wrote:

Well if you guys have any pics or have any inspiring words I would appreciate it. Time I stop my bitching and get something done. I just need to know that light is actually at the end of the tunnel.[/quote]

First of all, congratulations on attaining “FFB” status. If you got 6 months to go then just stay consistent, you don’t need to kill yourself on an extreme diet or have the best workout of your life every workout. You’re still a long ways off where just staying on track should help you a lot.

Dalton: Thanks man, thats the kind of stuff I need. Actually, right now, dieting isnt my goal. I am trying to pack on a little muscle and then maybe cut a little before the big day. I figured CT’s mutation series was a pretty good fit for my goals.

First three weeks you try to pack on muscle and maintain bodyfat. Second phase you try to burn fat and keep LBM at the same level, and last phase you are supposed to pack on more muscle, increase muscle density, and maybe lose a little more fat.

Have any other FFB’s tried the mutation series??? Or anyone for that matter? Let me know the progress you made or didnt make. Also, this whole thread was made to see some before and after pics of FFB’s. Anyone have any?

Search for a thread by Rotlex in the photo forum from a few months ago - he has made an amazing transformation.

I posted these back a few years ago. They were taken 11 weeks apart and I used Christian Thibaudeau’s Mutation Series for that period. Hope this helps some. Everyone hits a plateau, but you can do it!

I think the easiest way to get geared up when you’re in a rut is to find some kind of performance oriented goal and shoot for that. The rest seems to fall in place from there, diet in line…

After…’

[quote]boss99er wrote:

My very first post was before and after pics. I titled the thread “Too Many Buffets”. I have since added about 14 lbs more of lean mass to that after pic.

Honestly it’s how bad you want it. For 8 weeks I was doing triple-split training which was brutal but I learned to love it. I’d do 45 minutes cardio in the morning, hit the gym about 1 or 2 in the afternoon, then return to the gym that night at about 9 for another 45 minutes of cardio. On that split it’s possible for ANYONE to get into great shape. Nutrition played the biggest role however especially in preventing overtraining. Good luck.

Thanks for the posts guys. Those pics are pretty good proof that the mutation series works for people. As far as diet, yeah I have it dialed in pretty well. I am about 90% clean. I eat about 3100 cals a day and try to get most of my carbs in my first two meals of the day since I workout in the mornings. I think I am doing things right…i’m just stuck in a rut I guess. Hopefully i’ll be getting out soon.

E-Man…HOLY CRAP!!! That is one amazing transformation. I went to your buffet thread and wow. Just thought I would congradulate ya.

Agreed E-Man…130 lbs in less than 8 months is crazy good. One of the best transformations I’ve ever seen. Awesome job bro!

Kubo

I have made decent results, mostly from the Velocity Diet, and CT’s training advice.

I have continuous progress pictures in my “My T-Nation” area.

My most recent comparison is my back pictures that I edited together.

I still have about 10-15 more pounds of fat to lose, then keep most of it off while I train for powerlifting.

Hopefully it stays off and I can be an FFB for life.