FF Graduates

For those of you that have completed the Fat Fast plan can you share with me how to come off of it. I’m only on day 5 and it’s going well I’m just concerned that when I’m done my metabolism will be at a crawl.

I did do a search for this but couldn’t find any clear cut answers. Right now I’m 32 210lbs 5’10" 16%bf, my goal is to get down to 190lbs by March so I can begin the Mag10 Plan for success.

Any help on the best way to do this (get to 190lbs by 3/1) would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you

Hi, Kohai!!! Here’s how I might approach it since you still have fat loss goals. Hopefully others will stop by with their thoughts on the subject and you can pick and choose.

Continue on with low carbs, 30 to 60g per day, rougly divided between 3 meals. Structure your meals so that three of them are protein plus carbs and the others are protein plus fat. Make the foundation or cornerstone of your diet protein. You should be taking in 1.5g of protein per pound of LBM, rougly divided between 5 or more meals. For fat, make sure you’re taking in flaxseed oil and/or EPA/DHA. Those oils boost your metabolism, whereas saturated fat does NOT boost your metabolsim. I would take in at least 1 tablespoon of EFA for every 50 pounds of BW.

Carb up on Day 3 and Day 7. If you’re male, greater than 60g of carbs in each of Meals 1 and 2. If you’re female, greater than 40g of carbs in each of Meals 1 and 2. If you’re an athlete or work out very, very hard at the gym, you’re going to need more than the 40g or 60g of carbs on your carb-up days.

I really believe in John Berardi’s P+F and P+C (and never F+C) food combining. If you haven’t done it already, go to the home page and use the search engine to do a search on Berardi and read everything the man’s ever written.

<br.
Okay. Those are my quick ideas on the subject. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. And serious congrats on finishing FF!!!

Adding to my prior message, there’s a great article in this week’s issue, T-Dawg II. Take a look at it. It will give you some more ideas of how to transition off of FF.