FF 2: Silver Surfer Trailer

Didn’t see this posted yet, so here goes:

http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox/fantasticfourriseofthesilversurfer/

[quote]malonetd wrote:
Didn’t see this posted yet, so here goes:

http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox/fantasticfourriseofthesilversurfer/
[/quote]

Awesome.

I thought the first movie was ok but that it could have been been done much better. It was like they tried to rush the plot especially when it comes to Dr. Doom.

VERY nice. The old T2 CGI makes the Surfer a pretty easy effect to pull off.

But what about Galactus? Are we getting him? Or is Norrin Radd just going to be randomly destructive until Alicia touches the humanity within?

Silver Surfer is one of my all time favorite superheroes. Even if this movie is twice as good as the last one, however, it will still suck.

[quote]TShaw wrote:

But what about Galactus? Are we getting him? Or is Norrin Radd just going to be randomly destructive until Alicia touches the humanity within?[/quote]

On one hand, I reeeeeeeeally want to see Galactus.

On the other, I can’t figure out how mainstream people are going to respond to a forty-foot tall guy dressed in a purple skirt and tuning fork hat trying to devour the world because he hungers.

[quote]TShaw wrote:

But what about Galactus? Are we getting him? Or is Norrin Radd just going to be randomly destructive until Alicia touches the humanity within?[/quote]

Well, according to this, we will have Galactus, but it would’ve been awesome to see him in the trailer.

On the other hand, I’m glad to see the Silver Surfer, I wasn’t sure how he was gonna turn out, seeing who was doing him:

I mean, the guy played 130lbs Abe Sapien on Hellboy, for chrissake. Glad it turned out ok.

[quote]harris447 wrote:
TShaw wrote:

But what about Galactus? Are we getting him? Or is Norrin Radd just going to be randomly destructive until Alicia touches the humanity within?

On the other, I can’t figure out how mainstream people are going to respond to a forty-foot tall guy dressed in a purple skirt and tuning fork hat trying to devour the world because he hungers.[/quote]

What you just said makes perfect and complete sense to me. Ok, back to Marvel Ultimate Alliance so I can unlock the Surfer!

[quote]harris447 wrote:

On the other, I can’t figure out how mainstream people are going to respond to a forty-foot tall guy dressed in a purple skirt and tuning fork hat trying to devour the world because he hungers.[/quote]

Been doing some research.
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/news/comments/?entryid=338816
“Marvel?s first family of superheroes, The Fantastic Four, meets their greatest challenge yet in FANTASTIC FOUR AND THE SILVER SURFER as the enigmatic, intergalactic herald, The Silver Surfer, comes to Earth to prepare it for destruction. As the Silver Surfer races around the globe wreaking havoc, Reed, Sue, Johnny and Ben must unravel the mystery of the Silver Surfer and confront the surprising return of their mortal enemy, Dr. Doom, before all hope is lost.”

…and from:

“The traditional connection between the Surfer and Galactus seen in the early Fantastic Four comics has not been confirmed, but Tom Rothman, Chairman of Fox Filmed Entertainment, has confirmed that Galactus will also appear in the film.”

Holy smoke! that trailer was hot. I could imagine how the Big G will look like.

Holy smoke! that trailer was hot. I could imagine how the Big G will look like.

I felt dirty after watching the first movie (in a bad way), but this trailer looks decent.

Hopefully SS is a little more badass than melancholy and pious. If I hear him whining about Zenn-la, even Alba won’t be able to keep me watching.

Also, I’m glad to see that big G makes an appearance!

[quote]David Barr wrote:
I felt dirty after watching the first movie (in a bad way), but this trailer looks decent.

Hopefully SS is a little more badass than melancholy and pious. If I hear him whining about Zenn-la, even Alba won’t be able to keep me watching.

Also, I’m glad to see that big G makes an appearance![/quote]

I can’t even put a finger on what exactly went wrong with the first one. I think it was too childish in the way they presented the characters…but then, I guess it was also aimed at children…but most little kids wouldn’t even know the Fantastic Four. It wasn’t even that the idea completely sucked or that they raped the characters. It was like it was flat and incomplete.

How the hell can they show Gah-lak-tus without making it look lame?

My main gripe with the first one was how they did Dr.Doom’s powers…He was easy to do, just give him the damn armoured suit! Plus it could have had a few other fixes.

Surfer was one of my favourite characters. Interesting here how we have him phasing through everything. Guess I’m okay with that.

I do like the part where he grabs Johnny by the throat. “Bitch for real, I’m Surfer!”

Hope they keep it true to the comic where SS is stronger than the thing.

As for Glactus, that could prove difficult. Perhaps if they tweak his costume slightly and keep the scences with him short? Or leave much to the imagination ie: only show parts of him?

Wonder what they are going to do with Doom in this one? Please fix. At least the actor playing him was good.

I know Marvel was going after having their own production company. Where they stated that they will do the movies the way they want instead of what some studio exec. wants.

[quote]David Barr wrote:

I hear you on this one. Way to ruin one of the most powerful character ever by keeping him ‘tame’, IMO.

[quote]David Barr wrote:

I agree. It felt like a I was watching B-movie. The pace was inconsistent and the plot was more of an afterthought. I’m not complaning about Alba though.

The first one wasn’t bad. They casted it well. It just didn’t have the over the top moments of action that gave off a true sense of suspense. Or one that the audience can truly care about.

As far as Galactus, thats my fav character. I hope he’s done right. He will have to be a ton of CG with a human face and motion capture.

I havent seen the script yet so I dont know how involved he is in the story line. It could be just a teaser bit like the Sentinel in X3 just extended a tad. Thank god Venom is going to have more screen time than that!

[quote]ArcaneCocaine wrote:
My main gripe with the first one was how they did Dr.Doom’s powers…He was easy to do, just give him the damn armoured suit! Plus it could have had a few other fixes.

Surfer was one of my favourite characters. Interesting here how we have him phasing through everything. Guess I’m okay with that.

I do like the part where he grabs Johnny by the throat. “Bitch for real, I’m Surfer!”

Hope they keep it true to the comic where SS is stronger than the thing.

As for Glactus, that could prove difficult. Perhaps if they tweak his costume slightly and keep the scences with him short? Or leave much to the imagination ie: only show parts of him?

Wonder what they are going to do with Doom in this one? Please fix. At least the actor playing him was good.

I know Marvel was going after having their own production company. Where they stated that they will do the movies the way they want instead of what some studio exec. wants.[/quote]

The Dr. Doom from the movie was based on the ultimate Dr. Doom, so techinicall it was accurate to the comics, just not the old ones.

As for the movie, I will see it just because I love the surfer, but I really hope they don’t screw up.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
David Barr wrote:

Also, I’m glad to see that big G makes an appearance!

I can’t even put a finger on what exactly went wrong with the first one. I think it was too childish in the way they presented the characters…but then, I guess it was also aimed at children…but most little kids wouldn’t even know the Fantastic Four. It wasn’t even that the idea completely sucked or that they raped the characters. It was like it was flat and incomplete.

How the hell can they show Gah-lak-tus without making it look lame?[/quote]

I know what you mean prof but I think one of the ways they can pull it off is show him destroying a populated planet. I believe if they show the destruction in a very detailed manner when he’s introduced that would be good for starters

here’s a couple of pics of galactus for those not in the know oh yeah the sign sticking out of the planet that is in his hand says: low carbs

2nd one