Few Days Off Then Back To Basics

alright so im gettin depressed with what i feel is a lack of progressive. every time i look in the mirror i feel like im getting smaller or am just stalling. to top it off i havent even weighed myself in a good 2 months, so yeah im gonna get on that. i wanna post up my current workouts and see what you guys think about it and also my diet.

first off my diet is kind of unusual. i cant cook, i dont order out every meal and i flat out have grown to hate eating. so to compensate for all of the above my diet has changed in the last year from the AD where i ate nothing but meat for every meal (reason i stopped was because i got tired of eating bad tasting food every meal) to a diet which basically consists of milk, yogurt, raw eggs and a maybe some leftovers or a sandwhich or something.

i drink about 2 gallons of milk a day if its a workout day so thats at least 5600cals from milk alone.

heres my training situation

Mon-Chest:

DB Bench set 1: 100lbs (cold) 5-6 reps
set 2: 100lbs squeeze out 2-3, drop to 85 or so and get about 3-4 more
set 3: 85lbs see what i can get out of it, if its too low ill drop down to the 70s

Incline Bench Press: set1: 135lbs 6 reps til fail
set2: 135lbs 8 reps til fail
set3: 135lbs 8-10 reps til fail

…i dont know why but my incline bench is the only lift i get progressively higher on my reps as the exercise continues.

Declines, H.S. Press with 2plates x8reps for 3 sets

Cables Flys or Pec Deck. i dont count reps or weight i just go for it.

Tuesday, Day 2, Back

if my lower back is well enough ill do rack pulls, if not i skip them.

Rack Pulls on Smith, 3 sets, 4plates x6-10reps

Cable Row with medium spaced angled grip, 210 Lbs on the stack, 12 reps, work down to about 190 from 3-4 sets

semi-wide grip on Cable Row (lats), 170lbs x8-12 reps dropping down as needed for 3 sets generally.

Shurgs last i got with DBs was 100’s x 12-15 reps x3-4 sets
or ill use like 315 on smith behind back. not a huge fan of shrugs though, i generally only use when Rack Pull is void.

Closegrip Pulldown, ~230x6 3 sets

Single arm pulldown things for lat pump/iso at end of session.

…damn this is gonna be a lot of shit to read i think im gonna break the days down to about 2 per post so its easier on the eyes.

So your first set of db benches is basically your working weight with no prior warmup?

Hm.

But do go on…

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:

i drink about 2 gallons of milk a day if its a workout day so thats at least 5600cals from milk alone.[/quote]

Fuck that, that would make me feel like utter shit.

I read from CT he used to have a couple cartons a day for a week and it started making him feel shitty, maybe drop it for a bit.

Why can’t you cook?

Also, since I have seen you you post in an altered state how has the drinking and drugging been lately?

If all you are eating is what you have stated above then I would think that you need to focus more on balance.

As far as the workout goes. . . . I do not have any opinion.

drinking and drugging? posting in an altered state? what are you talking about?

ive never posted on here drugged up or drunk. i dont even take drugs either, yeah i took some fucking MOTRIN a couple times and that was it.

the milk doesnt make me feel shitty really. im not lactose intolerant or anything so im not sure why it would either.

so heres the rest of the workouts i leftout earlier.

Day 3, Wed, Arms

Reverse Grip Bench on Smith
225x6-8 3-4 sets, ill generally hover around the same area of reps but just take down a couple pounds or do a dropset for my final set.

Incline Hammer Curls
(cold) 55x5-6 ill generally do one set of 5-6 then drop the weight by 10 Lbs and do another set of 3. ill do about 3-4 sets and workdown from 55 to 35

Behind Neck Cable Ext (not sure formal name)

i dont measure my weight either, i just do a few warmup sets because my left shoulder…i think RC is kinda fucked so i keep doing a few to warm my Tri-longhead up then do a few sets from 8-12 with id say minus 6 from the whole stack.

Laying Cable curls to head,
4-3 stacks on a double pulley 8-12 reps 3-4 sets then at the end of my last one i usually do 5 or 6 extra reps in the very last portion of ROM

depending on how i feel ill either do pushdowns or more behind the neck tricep extensions **just a note i bend over when i do them.

Day 4, Thurs, Shoulders

honestly i hardly do my shoulders. i work out about 6 days a week and if something comes up and i need to adjust my schedule i omit shoulders. ive always felt my shoulders grow just fine so i dont really stress them as much as i do things like Arms and Legs which dont grow as well.

anyway

Shoulder Press, im trying to recall the numbers here, i think towards the end i was working in lower rep ranges 175x3 maybe?

1arm at a time Front raises, id start off 55x8 or so and work my down to the 35s keeping the reps high as i could while i moved down.

rear delt flys.

Friday, Day 5, Legs

for a while i was doing 4 sets of 15-20 reps to failure with 4plates on Leg Press. id start off with say 4, hit 20 (breathing) do maybe 12-15, then do work with 3 plates.

i recent just started box squating but i use a bench instead of a box. i think i got like 225x8 or some bullshit last time.

then head over to leg press 20 reps w/ 3plates semi-breathing, meaning that its not like a 20 second set but it doesnt take me 5 minutes either like my usual leg press sets.

due to lower back problems i havent trained RDLs in a while. the last best i got on them was 315x6 and it was all downhill from there. i could hardly even fuck with 225x5 last time i did them.

so now i usually stick it out with the leg curl since the GHR is “out for repair” or some bullshit.

then ill finish off with a few muscle agonizing sets of leg raises, im sticking my feet outwards in order to hit my outer quad because im looking to add more of a width appearance. generally ill use 45 bottom + 10 top (its the H.S. plate loaded) for a few sets of 12-15.

Sunday, Day 6, Abs+Calves

so if i have the time and energy i go again on sunday just to do some sprucing up of abs and calves.

in addition to fixing up my diet with more whole foods im wondering if theres anything blatantly wrong with my training. the only thing im thinking about is if its too much. i train to failure on every single set and go about 5 times a week which doesnt leave me a whole ton of rest, even if im hitting 1 part a day.

ive done everything from 3 days to 6 days though and its hard to balance all the intensity you want to bring in a set with the time you should be at the gym which is why i like 1 bodypart but i dont like having to go 6 days a week sometimes i feel its a little too much.

Guess I have you confused with someone else.

[quote]RWElder0 wrote:
Guess I have you confused with someone else.[/quote]

Yeah, Belligerent was doing all that posting.

I would have to say that your diet might be the one thing really screwing you up. Try putting meat back into your diet. Chicken is easier to eat. You might get annoyed of the taste after a while though. And just because you aren’t lactose intolerant, it doesn’t mean that you can handle 2 gallons of milk per day. Yogurt is good, but you should only use it for a snack.

Try learning to cook. Start with something simple though. It’s not as hard as you might think.

No veggies or fruit in your diet? No nuts, meat or fish? This might be the reason you feel like shit. Also, why can’t you cook - is it a lack of facilities or because you don’t want to?

Diet is horrible. Buy frozen meat and a George Foreman grill.

Learn to cook.

Workout plan is lackluster at best.

I see lots of cable work, and low weight with high reps all around.

It seems like your just not kicking your own ass so to speak.

yeah i took some fucking MOTRIN a couple times and that was it.
[/quote]
You are a fucking addict!!

Drop your reps in throw some more weight on there. Drinking nothing but milk doesn’t sound very sound diet wise. Add some variety to your diet, some grains, some veggies, some meat.
Get in there and throw some 185 on for incline, throw some 315 on there for squat and see if you don’t grow. Throw some weight on get going again.

i generally keep my reps in 6-8, and increase it as my workout continues. i dont see a need to go higher than 6 on my first exercises.

my diet isnt nothing but milk just most of it is milk. ill skip on learning to cook.

i thought benching 100’s, RDLing 315x6, Front raising 55’s, curling 55’s and Rackpulling 405 was good?

any of your problems are probably because you’re being a lazy tool with your diet.

either man up and learn to cook and eat some real food or stop bitching about your lack of progress when you have a shitty diet.

i mean seriously - oh no it doesn’t taste good oh no i dont like cooking. you’re just like the fatties providing a list of excuses and then complaining about no progress on their shape!

it’s not like you don’t know your diet is unusual - you started making excuses for it in the very first post. you’re just don’t care enough to change it.

its just more convienant. i do eat whole foods, i had an eggsalad sandwhich and 2 plates of roast beef + potatoes n carrots today. yea i had milk too but its way to use it between classes or during class.

thanks for callin me a lazy tool though.

you’re probably depressed from lack of macros in your diet along with lack of omega-3s.

seriously, the diet needs some attention

edit- sorry meant micros

[quote]Mon-Chest:

DB Bench set 1: 100lbs (cold) 5-6 reps
set 2: 100lbs squeeze out 2-3, drop to 85 or so and get about 3-4 more
set 3: 85lbs see what i can get out of it, if its too low ill drop down to the 70s

Incline Bench Press: set1: 135lbs 6 reps til fail
set2: 135lbs 8 reps til fail
set3: 135lbs 8-10 reps til fail

…i dont know why but my incline bench is the only lift i get progressively higher on my reps as the exercise continues.[/quote]

I’m confused. You can do 100 lb DB bench press for 5-6 reps on the first set, but can only do 2-3 reps on the second set? And, after that, you have to drop all the way down to 85 or 70?

How long do you rest between sets? I wouldn’t think you’d lose your strength that quickly.

Then, are you using 135 lb dumbbells for your incline press, or are you only doing 135 lbs total with a barbell? How can you being doing 100 lb DB bench presses, and then drop all the way to 135 lb barbell bench press for inclines?

i thought benching 100’s, RDLing 315x6, Front raising 55’s, curling 55’s and Rackpulling 405 was good?[/quote]

You front raise 55’s ? That seems like alot to me.

I dont really do front raises but I dont usually see people going that heavy, that seems like alot of stress on the shoulder joint if your arm is straight.

Rackpulling 405 ? thats not that much actually, especially for a rack pull, but you mentioned some lower back medical difficulties, so understandable.

Have you considered going back to barbell and just trying to put up as much weight as you can for low reps, like 5-3 ?

Just seems like you lack a “heavy” lift, you have alot of volume with moderate weight, but no real “main lift” to really anchor your program.

i rackpull 405 for 8 though lol.

i was doing deadlifts before then i decided to move to rackpulls instead. when you talk about going back to a barbell are you talking about benching or deadlifting? i just switched from BB to DBs about 2 months ago or something. i may get back into it though.

the reason i havent dont anything lower than 6-8 well, sometimes i only get bout 5 reps out of something, is that my numbers for low reps dont seem to be too much higher than my numbers for moderate reps. i guess a lot of people think oh, if you can do 300 for 8 reps on something you should be able to get 3, but im just not good with low reps.