Feverish Dreams

anyone ever had a high fever which gave you fucked up nightmares? just recovered from a 39.5 degrees fever and im still feeling the lingering effects of the dream. can’t remember the dream but i definitely remember the feeling.

Felt a strong sense of despair and hopelessness (not the kind where you lost your game finals, but probably the kind where you killed your own son or something along that lines) i woke up 6-7 times (or maybe more) throughout the night wanting to cry and scream.

I remember rocking myself trying to calm myself down, praying, walking to the toilet and not daring to go inside for fear of making the feeling grow stronger, clutching my pillow to my face and biting down on it…

damn it was a fucked up night.

so just wondering if anyone ever experienced this before.

*i can remember the feeling because i used to have this sort of dreams when i was a kid, (sleepwalking, crying in my sleep etc etc.) but stopped when i became christian. (not trying to imply anything but…yup (: )

Yep. Freddy Krueger was fucking with you.

One time when I was younger I had this crazy fever dream where I knew Bill Clinton was at my house with me the entire night. I thought I was secret service and we were harboring him there for some reason. I know it sounds mellow and weird but the dream was actually stressful and made me feel terrible.

[quote]WolBarret wrote:
Yep. Freddy Krueger was fucking with you.[/quote]

lol. I implore someone to try and find a post of yours that wasnt awesome.

[quote]WolBarret wrote:

Take Spike and coke cuz that mofo is coming for your ass.

That’s interesting, despair and hopelessness were exactly the words I always used to describe those dreams. I could never actually remember what happened, just the “end of the world” sort of feeling. I’ve been told I had “night terrors” as a child, and I’ve always been prone to sleepwalking/talking.

Anyway, I imagine there’s some significance to why fever dreams make us feel like that.

YES WFIFER THATS EXACTLY WHAT I MEANT. it was like the end of the world. felt like shit. haha. Thank God we dont have that no more… until we get a high fever again. )): i think its cause our brains are so fried by the heat.

SSC, wow, haha did you get to chat with him? hmmm i couldnt remember mine, nor do i want to remember it.

Wolbarret, OHHHHHHHHHHHH. that explains the huge gash along the side of my body and my dismembered penis. :smiley:

[quote]LTKO wrote:
YES WFIFER THATS EXACTLY WHAT I MEANT. it was like the end of the world. felt like shit. haha. Thank God we dont have that no more… until we get a high fever again. )): i think its cause our brains are so fried by the heat.

SSC, wow, haha did you get to chat with him? hmmm i couldnt remember mine, nor do i want to remember it.

Wolbarret, OHHHHHHHHHHHH. that explains the huge gash along the side of my body and my dismembered penis. :D[/quote]

Yep - had that. Also seen someone else have a waking nightmare.

My sister woke up screaming so I ran to her room (she had a massive fever) - she had her eyes open and was pointing to the corner of the room screaming “she’s coming for me, she’s coming for me, she’s coming for me” and then started to writhe around saying that the ants were biting her.

Then, within a flash, she went to sleep again quietly.

I spent the next 15 minutes staring at the corner of the room wondering who “she” was.

Freaky shit.

[quote]SSC wrote:
One time when I was younger I had this crazy fever dream where I knew Bill Clinton was at my house with me the entire night and made me wear a blue dress and do ‘things’ with a cigar…[/quote]

AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

[quote]SickAbs wrote:

[quote]WolBarret wrote:

lol. I implore someone to try and find a post of yours that wasnt awesome. [/quote]

Sick, dude, you remind me of a drunk girl sometimes.

The last time I had one of these was my first night home from the hospital after I dislocated my hip. I was on a ton of opiates for pain management and I woke up screaming. Didn’t stop screaming for quite a while. I have no idea what it was about, but I scared the living shit out of my wife.

Freshman year of college I got a bad case of strep throat. The resulting fever was pretty bad, and in the middle of the night I ended up running around my dorm freaking the fuck out. I had the same feeling of impending doom and helplessness. I remember feeling like I was totally powerless.

I used to have really bad night terrors a few times a year when I was a kid. I’d be running around the house screaming and crying, completely out of my mind with fear. My parents would try to calm me down but nothing worked. I would be totally unresponsive to anything. Eventually I would just wear myself out and go back to sleep.

I have dreams like this all the time. It’s usually combined with some form of sleep paralysis as well when I wake up, and I have to physically and mentally fight to open my eyes and pull myself out of it.
It tends to happen mostly when I’m stressing over something.

[quote]Ct. Rockula wrote:

[quote]SickAbs wrote:

[quote]WolBarret wrote:

lol. I implore someone to try and find a post of yours that wasnt awesome. [/quote]

Sick, dude, you remind me of a drunk girl sometimes.[/quote]

Can someone toss me a “haters gonna hate” picture? lol

Can I get an explaination? or is this just a feeling?

[quote]SickAbs wrote:

[quote]WolBarret wrote:

I’m pretty sure there’s a “WolBarret isn’t funny” club out there. Haters are always gonna hate. I just wish I knew who was hating.

To the OP: You should have jerked it before sleeping, buddy. You would have slept like a baby.

[quote]SickAbs wrote:

[quote]Ct. Rockula wrote:

[quote]SickAbs wrote:

[quote]WolBarret wrote:

Sick, dude, you remind me of a drunk girl sometimes.[/quote]

Can someone toss me a “haters gonna hate” picture? lol

Can I get an explaination? or is this just a feeling?[/quote

no explanation…I shouldnt have to explain in this point of our relationship.

[quote]LTKO wrote:
anyone ever had a high fever which gave you fucked up nightmares… still feeling the lingering effects of the dream… can’t remember the dream but i definitely remember the feeling.

Felt a strong sense of despair and hopelessness … i woke up 6-7 times (or maybe more) throughout the night wanting to cry and scream.

I remember rocking myself trying to calm myself down, praying… clutching my pillow to my face and biting down on it…

damn it was a fucked up night.
[/quote]

Sounds like Big Bubba slipped you a roofy and was tappin that ass last night… Don’t worry, the drugs will leave your system soon, and the good news is you wont ever remember what really happened… But you may be stuck with that “lingering feeling” for a while, you’ll probably walk funny for about a week as well.

yeaaa, still kinda got that lingering feeling. But i dont think its the drugs, i was sent back from Army that night and i was so tired that i didnt take any meds (cause you had to take them after meals, and when i went back home i just collapsed onto the bed)

yes steel! you dont really go back to sleep until you wear yourself out from the feeling then you just fall back to sleep, only to wake up again and it just keeps continuing on and on.

magicpunch, and you still stayed in the room after your sis said that???

anyone got any ideas on how to fight this shit. haha