Fertility on Cycle Question

I am looking for some advice to make a decision on whether I should quit my cycle or keep going.

My wife and I decided to have another last kid around Christmas time this year. It took about 5 months of actual trying to get her prego. Last week I started a test/tren cycle and she ended up having a miscarriage this weekend. My gut tells me I should bail on this cycle and wait to get her prego again. Iâ??m only 2 shots in so far.
What I would like to know is if I use HCG or clomid to keep the boys working normally would that work and I could continue this cycle with a good chance of keeping my sperm count up. Or is that a bad idea?

Does anyone have any experience or knowledge of this?

[quote]bushidobadboy wrote:
Tricky to say, since some guys are fertile even on heavy cycles, whilst others are definitely not.
[/quote]

And there is no correlation with the use of HCG or not?

I’ve been talking with an my HRT doc that swears using HCG during any extended period of testosterone replacement will allow for fertility to be completely unaffected from one who does not require testosterone replacement. I forgot to ask him last conversation if this belief was dependent on what was the cause of replacement therapy to begin in the first place, poor signal/secondary or poor producers/primary, but imagine it would only be helpful for those with secondary hypogonadism.

I had a poor signal (secondary) and tried several HCG “regimens” to restart the system. I had excellent results while using HCG alone, but no lasting effect once discontinuing HCG. After several attempts and several other non-doctor, self prescribed attempts, I chose to commence testosterone replacement with concurrent HCG use on the belief that fertility could be kept up as long as I’m artificially providing the signal (through the use of HCG) to the testes to maintain production (despite the use of exogenous testosterone).

Is there fault in this thinking? (I know this is rather simplified in its presentation)

[quote]TRTblastcruise wrote:
I’ve been talking with an my HRT doc that swears using HCG during any extended period of testosterone replacement will allow for fertility to be completely unaffected from one who does not require testosterone replacement. I forgot to ask him last conversation if this belief was dependent on what was the cause of replacement therapy to begin in the first place, poor signal/secondary or poor producers/primary, but imagine it would only be helpful for those with secondary hypogonadism.

I had a poor signal (secondary) and tried several HCG “regimens” to restart the system. I had excellent results while using HCG alone, but no lasting effect once discontinuing HCG. After several attempts and several other non-doctor, self prescribed attempts, I chose to commence testosterone replacement with concurrent HCG use on the belief that fertility could be kept up as long as I’m artificially providing the signal (through the use of HCG) to the testes to maintain production (despite the use of exogenous testosterone).

Is there fault in this thinking? (I know this is rather simplified in its presentation)

[/quote]

For fertility in someone completely supressed, you need FSH and LH, so pergonal is the only choice. I’m pretty sure that if you want kids at any time, just smash some pergonal and you should be good to go. I’ve also been told by someone who’s tried it for PCT, that the loads he gave his girlfriend while using it were spectacular.

It is FSH, not LH that causes production of sperm. HCG only contains LH.

BBB[/quote]

So why is HCG used in male fertility treatments?

EDIT: Nevermind.

What about the use of Clomid?

[quote]MassiveGuns wrote:

For fertility in someone completely supressed, you need FSH and LH, so pergonal is the only choice. I’m pretty sure that if you want kids at any time, just smash some pergonal and you should be good to go. I’ve also been told by someone who’s tried it for PCT, that the loads he gave his girlfriend while using it were spectacular.[/quote]

Great, thanks for this information.

Thanks for all the information. I’m going to go the safe route and bail out on the cycle for now. I hate to hurt the chances of having the last kid I’m going to father. Hopefully I can knock my wife up again right away and get back at it. I should look at getting some pergonal just to help things out lol.

I’m going to go the route of IGF-1 des for the next 50 days and see how that goes. I was going to save it for PCT but I can always get more if I like it.

Anyone know of anything else that that will not mess with sperm production besides GH and peptides Just out of curiosity sake?

[quote]lens_d wrote:
Anyone know of anything else that that will not mess with sperm production besides GH and peptides Just out of curiosity sake? [/quote]

Creatine.

:wink:

BBB[/quote]

Ha Ha ya that’s kind of what I thought lol.

Time to focus even harder on nutrition and supplementation. whith those in check I’m sure I will still make gains

According to my super source (wikipedia, lol), HMG is classed as a menotropin and that class of drugs includes the following:

Menotropin medications include Menopur, Menogon, Repronex, Pergonal and HMG Massone.

So if you find any of these, you should be good to go and if you could let me know where you found it, I would be nost appreciative as the woman wants to get pregnant after my show :wink:

BBB[/quote]

Steve on the corner, the doctor, an HRT clinic, or a fertility clinic/doctor, in worst to best options.

Talking more with the HRT doc today, he says that he’s used clomid and hcg in conjunction and had excellent results in his shutdown patients conceiving. He even went as far as to say he’s helped men in the midst of heavy cycles conceive with a simple hcg/clomid protocol. He has used Pergonal with hcg before as well with equally as good results in his patients. As to the validity of his statement, I will never know until I try myself I suppose.

Just to know, any success on your treatment?

BBB, whats the diference between using FSH or Menotropin + FSH ?

[/quote]
Time to focus even harder on nutrition and supplementation. whith those in check I’m sure I will still make gains [/quote]

No. You will lose strength no matter what you do. Be mentally prepared for it. Honestly the best thing is to step the focus away from the gym and focus on other things in your life. Try to advance your career, pick up some new hobbies, whatever it takes to get your mind off the fact that you are losing size and strength. If you have been on for a while be prepared for recovery to take 6-12 months. I don’t know whether simply having exogenous LH and FSH (via HMG) will make you fertile enough to get her pregnant or whether your body needs to be endogenously producing test. As for keeping gains probably the best thing to use is growth hormone. Also get a script for an anti-depressant, especially if you plan on using clomid (never again) for coming off.

wow this is an old thread that got drug up, FYI 3 kids is enough for us we decided lol.

[quote]INTERNETWARLORD wrote:
Also get a script for an anti-depressant, especially if you plan on using clomid (never again) for coming off.[/quote]

I know this is an old thread, but I just had to comment…

TO ANYONE READING THIS THREAD:

Please don’t jump onto anti-depressants just because you plan on running a few weeks of clomid. This is a terrible ‘solution’ as anti-depressants carry a whole host of problems, including anorgasmia - a failure to achieve orgasm. Kind of counterproductive, if one is trying to conceive, lol.

BBB[/quote]

Not very common side and you will probably be sterile while you are just getting off the cycle anyways