Fertility and TRT

I’m very seriously considering TRT, I have the script for Test Cyp and all. I’m 22 and the idea of not being able to have kids in the future scares the hell out of me and is the only reason that I haven’t begun injections yet.

What can I expect in terms of future fertility with TRT? How well does HCG work to get sperm count up?

Thanks guys.

First, We can help more if we have blood work posted.

2nd, At 22yrs old, you should be looking into the cause of your low T before starting injections.

Please read these stickies:

• advice for new guys
  • things that damage your hormones
  • finding a TRT doc

Gotcha, sorry for the redundancy.

Read through the suggested links and did not see very much about fertility.

Any info is appreciated.

TRT shuts down HPTA and without LH, testes typically get small and can become permanently damaged.

One of the lobes of hCG is identical to the hCG lobe that activated LH receptors. So hCG will maintain form and function of the testes. Most of the time sperm production is not lost. If there was FSH, sperm production would be fully supported. If sperm count is low, you can use a SERM which will increase LH and FSH levels if the top end of the HPTA is functional. This can be used to get pregnant or as an occasional tune-up, swapping SERM for hCG. Do not use both together.

We have had two guys on hCG planning an elaborate program with SERM but got pregnant before the plan was implemented.

[quote]KSman wrote:
TRT shuts down HPTA and without LH, testes typically get small and can become permanently damaged.

One of the lobes of hCG is identical to the hCG lobe that activated LH receptors. So hCG will maintain form and function of the testes. Most of the time sperm production is not lost. If there was FSH, sperm production would be fully supported. If sperm count is low, you can use a SERM which will increase LH and FSH levels if the top end of the HPTA is functional. This can be used to get pregnant or as an occasional tune-up, swapping SERM for hCG. Do not use both together.

We have had two guys on hCG planning an elaborate program with SERM but got pregnant before the plan was implemented. [/quote]

Thanks KSman,

I’m not currently looking to have kids, just want to make sure that I can in the future.

In your opinion would I be good to start on TRT without any HCG or the like now or would I be best off waiting to see a urologist and addressing future fertility? I feel like shit and want to start, just want to be very careful about fertility.

Try to start with T+hCG+AI

There is a finding a TRT doc sticky that discusses backtracking from pharmacists who know what doc are prescribing.

I actually was tested after almost two years of TRT and a few blasts. My sperm was really low. I followed the advice Ksman of discontinuing the HCG and starting the nolvadex and my chick was pregnant almost instantly. I’m also 36 and was on a blast at the time.

Keep in mind that even if HCG leaves you semi-fertile (ie. with sperm production but less than an optimal level), you can add in hMG (Human Menopausal Gonadotropin) which will essentially act as FSH and enhance your subfertile state.

hMG is very expensive. Not sure how widely it is used. Any data?

I don’t have any formal data, but I can tell you this from what I read here and there. It seems like the dose I read about is 75iu which I hear is about $70. This could be incorrect, but I sometimes read that 75iu might be a week’s worth. However, if someone were on hCG mono, I’m not clear if this would replace some of the LH in hCG, since hMG is supposed to have both LH

KSman,

am I at risk of doing any damage to fertility if I start test a few weeks before I start HCG. Trying like hell to find a doc to prescribe HCG without any luck so far. If I can’t find one within a month I’ll use the services of an anti-aging clinic that prescribes HCG to guys on TRT whose docs won’t.

Should be OK.