Ferrari 458 Italia

Hennessey motorsports made a viper faster than the Veyron, too. Plus, that was only the 1000HP version. Ask about the 1200HP option… fuck.

[quote]London Runner wrote:
mrw173 wrote:
I think the Gumpert Apollo is the current leader on Top Gear’s board. The Veyron is faster from 0 to 60. Not sure about top speed:

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Top-Gear-Gumpert-Apollo_174124.htm

WRONG!

There was a new Ferrari FXX test a few weeks ago on Top Gear, a black super dooper version of the Enzo, it beat the Gumpert Apollo top time by 7 secs!

LR[/quote]

Wow, that car is ridiculous.

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:
Hennessey motorsports made a viper faster than the Veyron, too. Plus, that was only the 1000HP version. Ask about the 1200HP option… fuck.

Yeah but Vipers are notoriously bad for cornering. Built only for America!

LR

[quote]mrw173 wrote:
Wow, that car is ridiculous. [/quote]

Yeah! As far as I know, MS is the only person who has one outside of the test models at Modena.

On a side note, a shame about Masa’s crash, but I’m so fucking happy that MS will be taking his place for the rest of the season. Maybe he can restore some Ferrari pride!

LR

mrw173 wrote:
I think the Gumpert Apollo is the current leader on Top Gear’s board. The Veyron is faster from 0 to 60. Not sure about top speed:

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Top-Gear-Gumpert-Apollo_174124.htm

WRONG!

There was a new Ferrari FXX test a few weeks ago on Top Gear, a black super dooper version of the Enzo, it beat the Gumpert Apollo top time by 7 secs!

LR[/quote]
Yeah but it was on slicks so didn’t actually count

sup

i heard a girl was posting about cars in here?

[quote]gsxtacy wrote:
Alpha F wrote:
I finally found the picture of the car I saw in my neighborhood.
It is called BUGGATI not DUCATI, ha!
No wonder I couldn’t google it.

refrain from all conversations about cars please lol[/quote]

Here is how it happened:

I was driving fast when it caught my eye. I slowed down traffic and nearly hit a pedestrian in front as I kept looking at the number plate thinking:

“What is the name of this car…gotta get the name of this caaarr…”

All I could read was ***ati so I thought “IT"S A DUCATI! - Oh, I didn’t know Ducati made cars…?”

And drove off.

It is VERY IMPRESSIVE live!

But thanks to my cock up I now prefer the Ducati 6098-R

: )

[quote]RSGZ wrote:
Bicep_craze wrote:

Dude it’s a Bugatti Veyron. THE fastest commercially built car so far.

Dudette, not dude.[/quote]

How come I have not seen this Buggati on Top Gear?
I watch this program religiously.
Jeremy Clarkson does not deserve that job.

Oh the hate.

[quote]Alpha F wrote:
RSGZ wrote:
Bicep_craze wrote:

Dudette, not dude.

Oh the hate.
[/quote]

They actually had several of them on top gear. Raced a fighter jet with one if I remember correctly. Jet had to do a mile up and back vertically, car out and back a mile on a strip. jet won.

WRONG!

[/quote]

Is Michael Schumacher really the Stig?

And who is the new Ferrari F1 driver making a return? I keep missing the news on this, the one to replace Felipe Massa? What a freak accident, eh?
Does any one think they will now design F1 cars with a capsule for protection? That was really not a way to go out…

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

They actually had several of them on top gear. Raced a fighter jet with one if I remember correctly. Jet had to do a mile up and back vertically, car out and back a mile on a strip. jet won.[/quote]

Thanks for the link. I may have dismissed it since I am really not attracted to ‘carbed up’ sports cars. Like the Audi above.
I also may have failed to recognize since it looks a lot more impressive close up and I did not expect to see a machine like that on my neighborhood - I mean, would you just park a car like that on the street without a body guard?

Did you see the episode on Top Gear with the American rally driver racing the motocross champion at the airport?

SICK!

I emoted.
I would give ANYTHING to be in the car with that man and James May just looked like he was about to get diarrhea all the time.

Given the choice I think I would rather have a rally car than a sports one. The rally is more ‘rough and tumble’ if you know what I mean - you can through it around and get a good ‘push back’.
Come home with a scratch on a Ferrari and there will be tears.
Smash the Subaru and you know you had a good day at the office.

[quote]Alpha F wrote:
London Runner wrote:

WRONG!

Is Michael Schumacher really the Stig?

And who is the new Ferrari F1 driver making a return? I keep missing the news on this, the one to replace Felipe Massa? What a freak accident, eh?
Does any one think they will now design F1 cars with a capsule for protection? That was really not a way to go out…
[/quote]

No Schumacher is not the real Stig. How cool would that have been!

But I did hear today on the news that he will be driving a Ferrari once again. I don’t know for how long though or when he will start.

[quote]CKMAN wrote:
No Schumacher is not the real Stig. How cool would that have been![/quote]

I know! I wanted to believe it, lol.[quote]

But I did hear today on the news that he will be driving a Ferrari once again. I don’t know for how long though or when he will start.
[/quote]
I thought it was him!..but I was in and out of places and kept missing the name. His is truly legendary if he pulls this off. I really admire him.

[quote]Alpha F wrote:
Ducati 6098 R

Sharp and Stealth.[/quote]

I hadn’t heard of this.

It turns out that it is artwork only, by a Spaniard apparently not associated with Ducati in any way.

[quote]Bill Roberts wrote:
Alpha F wrote:
Ducati 6098 R

Sharp and Stealth.

I hadn’t heard of this.

It turns out that it is artwork only, by a Spaniard apparently not associated with Ducati in any way.

[/quote]

Yes! And so is the Audi R Zero above ( supposed to be electric )

I am very interested in shape and engine power. It says something about the Ducati engine here as well as it’s dimensions:

http://www.diseno-art.com/encyclopedia/concept_cars/ducati_6098_r.html

I had not seen that Audi before either, so that explains it! :slight_smile:

(I used to read the Jalopnik blog and thumb through the magazines at the supermarket each month, but haven’t kept up for a while, so it would hardly be impossible that there would be new show cars that I hadn’t seen. The “photographic” quality of each of those was so good that I failed to spot at the time that instead they were art.)

[quote]Alpha F wrote:
RSGZ wrote:
Bicep_craze wrote:

Dudette, not dude.

Oh the hate.
[/quote]

Haha, what, you don’t like Clarkson?

That really would be an incredible job to have.

[quote]mrw173 wrote:
Alpha F wrote:

Oh the hate.

Haha, what, you don’t like Clarkson?

That really would be an incredible job to have.[/quote]

I like him - I just don’t like he has the job and not me, ha!
He should be the one on the couch not us, right?
So unfair…

…I didn’t know you had Top Gear in US television…

[quote]CKMAN wrote:
No Schumacher is not the real Stig. How cool would that have been!

[/quote]

He’s back from the next race, and he’ll be driving Massa’s car till the end of the season.

LR