T Nation

Fenugreek

Hey All,
I’ve just started getting into the use of herbs, and I was wondering if any of you take fenugreek on a regular basis? I’m intersted in taking it after working out for it’s glycogen uptake properties, but I’ve also read that it increases estrogen, which I definately don’t want.

I used the search function on this site, and I also googled it, and I get two opinions
1.Don’t take it because of the estrogen
2.Do take it because it helps with glycogen uptake.

Thought?
Steve.

And, any other herbs anyone’s taking that has good effects. I’m already taking tribulus.Any thing else?

[quote]comguy1 wrote:
Hey All,
I’ve just started getting into the use of herbs, and I was wondering if any of you take fenugreek on a regular basis? I’m intersted in taking it after working out for it’s glycogen uptake properties, but I’ve also read that it increases estrogen, which I definately don’t want.

I used the search function on this site, and I also googled it, and I get two opinions
1.Don’t take it because of the estrogen
2.Do take it because it helps with glycogen uptake.

Thought?
Steve.

And, any other herbs anyone’s taking that has good effects. I’m already taking tribulus.Any thing else?[/quote]

My wife takes Fenugreek - it does wonders for her milk supply when she is breastfeeding.

Steve, if you are breastfeeding, I would recommend you take it. I would also recommend you see a doctor, and go on some show where you can make money out of being a breast feeding man freak.

lmfao

Pretty sad reply. I don’t mind joking, but responding to a serious question as a complete jackass is just dumb.
Anyways.
Steve