Feminization of American Boys

[quote]vroom wrote:
PGJ wrote:
Also, it’s interesting to notice that the further we distance ourselves from biblical principles in the name of “scientific progress”, the more we screw ourselves up.

Okay, two strikes.

It’s not “science” that is screwing this up and it isn’t “liberals”.

There is no science that says men and women don’t have differences.

As far as I know being liberal or conservative has nothing to do with your views on masculinity.

Howabout sticking to the topic and it’s ills instead of throwing them at your favorite pet peeves.[/quote]

Good point, Vroom. And the article brought up a really good point about cultivating “mature masculinity.” A mature man doesn’t bang and throw blocks. A mature man isn’t worried that his dick will fall off he does the dishes, cooks, helps around the house, or changes diapers. I’ve done all those things. And yet, my daughter still knows that when it’s time to rough house, she goes to dad, not mom. My widowed mother now comes to me for advice about finances and such. Manly does not mean being an ogre.

[quote]vroom wrote:
PGJ wrote:
Also, it’s interesting to notice that the further we distance ourselves from biblical principles in the name of “scientific progress”, the more we screw ourselves up.

Okay, two strikes.

As far as I know being liberal or conservative has nothing to do with your views on masculinity.

Howabout sticking to the topic and it’s ills instead of throwing them at your favorite pet peeves.[/quote]

Oh, yes. Put a band-aid on it and don’t even consider the cause of the bleeding.

You didn’t read the entire article, did you. Yes, these supposedly “enlightened” feminists believe men and women are born exactly the same, and that gender is determined by how a child is raised.

“Feminist philosopher Sandra Lee Bartky writes that human beings are born bisexual and through conditioning are “transformed into male and female gender personalities.””

and

"Feminists like Dr. Nancy Marshall of the Wellesley College Center for Research on Women believe that gender is a totally learned concept. She states that “when babies are born, they do not know about gender.”

Also, I didn’t say liberals as an entire group are the problem regarding masculinity. But I’ll bet you $100 that 99.9% of all feminist are liberals. Wanna take that bet? Liberals just tend to sympathize with this type of thing. Disagree?

[quote]TrainerinDC wrote:
Since when have the virtues of men become character flaws? I hold a door for a woman, as I was taught by my grandfather, and they snap “I can do that myself”

They demand male partners who will submit to every whim, do as they say when they say, go away when they say, etc etc…

I am all for women being equal, but I am NOT for them being superior. Since the beginning of time, men have been the dominant member of society, family, household etc. Why do we think millenia down the road, that this practice that got us where we are, is wrong?

Prime example, my friend broke up with his girlfriend, who lived with him but paid no rent or bills. When she dumped him, he said okay you have three weeks to get out, and I will go on vacation for that three weeks so you have your space. What in hell is going on? After supporting her, paying her bills, and getting dumped, he then surrendered his house for her comfort. This is a prime example of the feminization of men in America. Here is the worst part, after all of this, her and her girlfriends still call him an asshole for kicking her out… [/quote]

Another good point. I hear women complaining that their husbands “never spend time with them.” But you look at them and notice that they are obese, and their main interests include watching soap operas while eating chips. Do they ever consider why their husbands don’t want to spend time with them? It’s a two-way street.

[quote]TrainerinDC wrote:
I am all for women being equal[/quote]

Women are NOT EQUAL and NEVER will be.

Apples, and Oranges

both fruit, both round, both edible.
but both DIFFERENT

and apple isnt equal to and orange.

men are not equal to women
they are different.

for you females, that doesnt mean one is better than the other, it means one is DIFFERENT than the other

you can never be like us and we can never be like you.
that is the way it’s SUPPOSED to be.

the “men” of this world, need to step out from under the thumb and start acting like men.

women need to be put in there place…

and ladies, if a guy isnt being the man, you need to put him back in his place.

both sexes have a job to do, and they need to quit trying to do each others’ job.

[quote]blitzkrg wrote:
TrainerinDC wrote:
I am all for women being equal

Apples, and Oranges

but both DIFFERENT

they are different.

for you females, that doesnt mean one is better than the other, it means one is DIFFERENT than the other

the “men” of this world, need to step out from under the thumb and start acting like men.

both sexes have a job to do, and they need to quit trying to do each others’ job.

[/quote]

Very nice. It worked just fine for thousands of years.

[quote]blitzkrg wrote:
TrainerinDC wrote:

Apples, and Oranges

but both DIFFERENT

they are different.

[/quote]

Good post.

[quote]PGJ wrote:
vroom wrote:
PGJ wrote:

Okay, two strikes.

Howabout sticking to the topic and it’s ills instead of throwing them at your favorite pet peeves.

Oh, yes. Put a band-aid on it and don’t even consider the cause of the bleeding.

You didn’t read the entire article, did you. Yes, these supposedly “enlightened” feminists believe men and women are born exactly the same, and that gender is determined by how a child is raised.

“Feminist philosopher Sandra Lee Bartky writes that human beings are born bisexual and through conditioning are “transformed into male and female gender personalities.””

and

"Feminists like Dr. Nancy Marshall of the Wellesley College Center for Research on Women believe that gender is a totally learned concept. She states that “when babies are born, they do not know about gender.”

Also, I didn’t say liberals as an entire group are the problem regarding masculinity. But I’ll bet you $100 that 99.9% of all feminist are liberals. Wanna take that bet? Liberals just tend to sympathize with this type of thing. Disagree?
[/quote]

Damnit, gonna knock this back on track. Liberal and conservative have nothing to do with it. Biblical principles? Shouldn’t that mean the women should just shut the hell up and be in the kitchen? Don’t tell me there aren’t ultra-conservatives that think this way still.

Back on track. What do we do about these man-hating morons that more and more influence? I wouldn’t mind taking them out back and beating them with the hose.

[quote]blitzkrg wrote:
TrainerinDC wrote:

Apples, and Oranges

but both DIFFERENT

they are different.

[/quote]

I agree.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
SLERG wrote:
This is a great point, and has been discussed in other posts, specifically about the male gender in general. It appears that there is a great push to create this somewhat “vanilla” generation of people so that you wont know if a guy is a guy, or a girl is a girl, until you check between their legs, and even then you may need a P.I.N number for verification. Its pathetic to say the least.

I refuse to be vanilla.[/quote]

There is something missing about vanilla…

I’d say it’s the X - factor

Correct. Totally.

However, the mans job is not more important than the women’s job. Having society function correctly is on both shoulders, male and female. This is what I mean by equality. Women should not be beaten, abused, raped, mistreated or undervalues. But neither should men. Some people fail to see that we are different, but equally important to the end goal. Both gender roles are necessary, important, and valuable to society. Due respect should be given to both roles.

Women were treated as lesser than equal for a long time. Now men are, neither practice is correct.

[quote]Ren wrote:
PGJ wrote:
vroom wrote:
PGJ wrote:

Okay, two strikes.

Howabout sticking to the topic and it’s ills instead of throwing them at your favorite pet peeves.

and

Damnit, gonna knock this back on track. Liberal and conservative have nothing to do with it. Biblical principles? Shouldn’t that mean the women should just shut the hell up and be in the kitchen? Don’t tell me there aren’t ultra-conservatives that think this way still.

Back on track. What do we do about these man-hating morons that more and more influence? I wouldn’t mind taking them out back and beating them with the hose.[/quote]

The biblical perspective is also the same telling us that male sexuality is wrong. No masterbation, no sex for enjoyment, and sexual attraction is a sinful affliction of the mind. That sounds like perfectly normal and perfectly healthy male behavior to me.

[quote]etaco wrote:
Ren wrote:
PGJ wrote:
vroom wrote:
PGJ wrote:

Okay, two strikes.

and

Back on track. What do we do about these man-hating morons that more and more influence? I wouldn’t mind taking them out back and beating them with the hose.

The biblical perspective is also the same telling us that male sexuality is wrong. No masterbation, no sex for enjoyment, and sexual attraction is a sinful affliction of the mind. That sounds like perfectly normal and perfectly healthy male behavior to me.[/quote]

The bible says alot of things. And if sexual attraction was sinful God shouldn’t have made women so damn good to look at! (well, some of them at least)

I guess none of you actually read the entire article. Here’s the last paragraph:

“A biblical ethic should be communicated clearly and often as our boys grow older, and specifically when they begin to have significant relationships with girls. To allow the feminist model to dominate will result in frustrated boys who are stymied in their God-given role to lead, provide for, and protect the women in their lives. Re-engineering boys in the name of egalitarianism will not only fail, but do damage to countless normal children in our schools.”

In case you didn’t notice, this article was written by a Christian ministry. You guys are up in arms about the situation “something must be done”, but as soon as someone suggest a Christian perspective, you go nuts. You have all agreed with this article, not knowing it’s author until you realize that’s it’s based on Christian values.

Well, different christians have different values. At least we all agree that there is a problem. This is the first step towards solution.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060726/ap_en_ot/people_lance_bass_2

…Alright, I guess I’m not done with this one. Why is it that when I ask my friends if they want to do something they say, “Well, let me ask the boss and I’ll get back to you,” insinuating that their wife is the boss in the house? That irriates me. I mean, of course I respect my wife and I do discuss certain things with her and we make decisions together but come on guys, LET’S GROW A SACK! Just because your wife “holds the key to her own little piece of heaven” doesn’t mean that she is supposed to or can hold that over your head and run stuff in the house. It’s a team effort.

Being a man doesn’t mean being a sexiest man. It just means, taking responsibility, not being afraid of your role as a man. I want my son to be respectful to women because women deserve that, but I don’t want him to be a puss. There is a happy balance that can be achieved.

[quote]PGJ wrote:
I guess none of you actually read the entire article. Here’s the last paragraph:

“A biblical ethic should be communicated clearly and often as our boys grow older, and specifically when they begin to have significant relationships with girls. To allow the feminist model to dominate will result in frustrated boys who are stymied in their God-given role to lead, provide for, and protect the women in their lives. Re-engineering boys in the name of egalitarianism will not only fail, but do damage to countless normal children in our schools.”

In case you didn’t notice, this article was written by a Christian ministry. You guys are up in arms about the situation “something must be done”, but as soon as someone suggest a Christian perspective, you go nuts. You have all agreed with this article, not knowing it’s author until you realize that’s it’s based on Christian values. [/quote]

I agree that there is a problem but I find the full implications of the author’s solution disagreeable. I don’t think substituting the repression of one form of man’s natural self for another is acceptable, at least so long as we aren’t talking about man’s natural drive for inter-group genocide.

I think some good ol’ evolutionary anthropology reading would be useful for a lot of people- namely the feminizing teachers- who have difficulty understanding the nature of the male. We exist as we do for a reason- or many- and attempting to deprive a child of his inate male characteristics robs both him and humanity of the benefits entailed without offering anything in return. While there are certain male tendancies which need to be contained, such as the drive to war, this containment should be based on a minimalist model rather than the maximalist plan of those who seek to generally feminize boys.

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060726/ap_en_ot/people_lance_bass_2[/quote]

Abasolutely no surprise to me. In fact I bet all of the group is repressing gay tendencies.

Lol what the fuck is vanilla?

[quote]HogLover wrote:
There is a happy balance that can be achieved.[/quote]

Yeah, like… finishing A2M as long as you go down on her for a minute or two first.