T Nation

Feminization of American Boys

http://www.leaderu.com/orgs/probe/docs/fem-schools.html

Article shows how American boys are being molded to be less manly, and more asexual. Home schooling becomes a more viable idea everyday.

Thoughts?

I read an article about this years ago, and have to agree 100%. I also experienced this phenomenon in school. I was punished for having too much energy or being a troublemaker when I couldn’t sit still through a 90 minute class.

The resonsibility is on all of us now, to change it so our sons won’t have the same problems that we do, and to give them a chance in the future.

Haven’t we learned that we don’t know better than nature yet?

This is a great point, and has been discussed in other posts, specifically about the male gender in general. It appears that there is a great push to create this somewhat “vanilla” generation of people so that you wont know if a guy is a guy, or a girl is a girl, until you check between their legs, and even then you may need a P.I.N number for verification. Its pathetic to say the least.

[quote]SLERG wrote:
This is a great point, and has been discussed in other posts, specifically about the male gender in general. It appears that there is a great push to create this somewhat “vanilla” generation of people so that you wont know if a guy is a guy, or a girl is a girl, until you check between their legs, and even then you may need a P.I.N number for verification. Its pathetic to say the least.[/quote]

I refuse to be vanilla.

[quote]vroom wrote:
Haven’t we learned that we don’t know better than nature yet?[/quote]

wow Vroom, that belongs on a t-shirt.

I’ve taught kids as young as 4th grade in public schools (and as young as 4 years old at the Illinois School for the Deaf), and the experience made me a very strong advocate of all boys/girls classes.

It’s painful to watch some of these boys be made to feel like savages by their prissy, middle-aged female teachers. Instead of appealing to the boys’ “man-hood” and using it as to their advantage, these teachers try to squash it.

I’m definitely making sure my son is in a male teacher’s classroom at every opportunity. Even my daughter prefers male teachers.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
SLERG wrote:
This is a great point, and has been discussed in other posts, specifically about the male gender in general. It appears that there is a great push to create this somewhat “vanilla” generation of people so that you wont know if a guy is a guy, or a girl is a girl, until you check between their legs, and even then you may need a P.I.N number for verification. Its pathetic to say the least.

I refuse to be vanilla.[/quote]

I don’t think you have to worry about that X.

I will again say what I did on another post yesterday: Fuck you femenazis

They try to say bullshit like they are “creating a world where everyone is equal.” That is so untrue that it makes me sick when I see it. They aren’t creating an equal world, they are creating one where women have more power than men. It makes no sense to me.

The world has been this way for millions of years. Men take care of the women and children. They are needed for protection and to be able to bring home the proverbial bacon. Why do people, mostly women, today feel that we have to change it so that men and women have to be absolutely equal, even in the way that they view themselves.

We are going to end up in a society where you have to grope yourself to remember that you are still a male.

Oh… you guys did it now. I don’t like getting started on this subject because I’m very passionate about the social agenda in not only this country but in others, to belittle men and make them punchlines of jokes.

Do you think it’s accidental that men are portrayed as the idiots and moron dads, boyfriends, friends, etc… in popular TV shows,movies and commercials? Hell no it’s not an accident. Dad is always stupid and clueless (i.e. Al Bundy, Homer Simpson, Peter Griffin ) and the guy friends are alway juvenile (i.e. Joey, Ross, and Chandler on Friends).

In these same TV shows, movies, and commercials the little boys, little brothers, or whatever are alway a bother, a bully, or some other negative character. The mom is always the “glue that holds it all together” and the daughter is the sophisticated and blossoming young woman or whatever. I mean could this agenda be any more obvious?

Then you’ve got the trendy little names for femanized men. “Metro-Sexual” Is this a joke? Is this catchy little name supposed to make it cool or the in thing?

I would never accuse my wife of trying to feminize our young son knowingly but I think society has made it just the thing to do that everyone thinks its normal. The other day my 14 month old son was sitting in the living room floor and he picked up two blocks and started to bang them together and then he threw them. My wife immediately wanted to “correct” this behavior as if it was something that he shouldn’t do. I was like, “That’s what boys do.” We bang things, try to destroy them and then we throw them. We had a little discussion about this.

It’s openly known in my house that I detest any attempt by women, men, society to demasculinize men. Our natural roles that come easy to us are the way we are supposed to be. Why do we humans always want to change everything to our own liking?

Man that article disgusted me.

Back in South Africa I went to a boys only boarding school for 2.5 years before I moved to the States. I know EVERY teacher there, including the women, would laugh at the suggestions these feminist make about raising boys. Hell, I had a female teacher tell 2 of my classmates that if they wanted to fight, could they please wait till after school to go off school grounds to beat the crap out of each other, I wonder what those man-haters would say about that? (for the record, they did fight after school, and it was awesome).

I have always felt strongly about these issues, and I feel it has alot to do with my background. Coming from South Africa, we still had corporal punishment in schools (I am sure most of the older posters know all about this). Nothing beats getting into some serious trouble, and then getting a few licks from the cane before lights out and its over with.

My primary school (grades 1-7) was a co-ed school. At lunchtime we were allowed to play rugby, soccer, cricket, wrestle, whatever unless it got out of hand. I was a prefect at school in 7th grade (10 points if you went to a school that had those), and the only time I borke up kids playing was if it looked like somebody could get seriously hurt (break something basically, like the 3rd graders that once tried to stage dive of the top of the monkey bars, yeah, not good). Otherwise I let them screw around, and take them to the nurse when they scrape themselves and start freaking out cos of blood.

And what the hell is it with taking competitiveness out of school? Its not like the Japanes, Chinese, and Indians and pumping out grads with a technical degree by the truckload, but those societies LIVE on competiveness in schools. Its the only way they can get into college is by being the best, top of your class, it instill in them a drive to succeed. If you take away being competitiveness, you strip away the reasons to succeed. How can you motivate yourself if you have no competition, nobody that is better than you that you are determined to get one up on?

Seriously, someone needs to tell those bitches what the fuck is up, before they take the education system down another few notches.

What I find most ironic is that never before in History have we been so able to measure scientifically all the difference in hormones, brain patterns etc. between the sexes, yet the trend is to squash them and pretend it’s only learned behavior. WTF?

My GF used to babysit 6-9 kids of 6to24 months, and the difference in behavior is already obvious.

Well, my 2 year old son knows the diffence. When he wants to play rough it’s daddy and when he has to get his diaper changed it’s mom :slight_smile:

Great post, Hoglover. My thoughts exactly. This article is just another example of why California should:

1. become it’s own screwed-up country

2. Burn completely

3. Sink into the ocean

4. all of the above.

How do these feminists explain testosterone and estrogen? We are genetically different. It ain’t hard. I see it all the time at my son’s school and through coaching youth sports. Boy’s are not allowed to be boys. I could write a whole chapter on this topic, but here’s is how we (Men) can make a difference:

1. Quit acting like pussies. Stop with the whiney feminized voice and speech pattern (Ross from “Friends” is a classic example). Act like a man.

2. Get involved. Get your ass out of the office and go to your kids school once in a while. Volunteer to read to your kids class (not with the wimpy voice, though). Help with school field-meets. Be there for school functions.

3. Coach. It doesn’t matter if you know the intimate details of a great baseball swing, just get out there and volunteer. There are increasing numbers of women coaching boys teams. This is because men can’t/won’t get their asses out of the office or are too lazy to serve the community or feel they aren’t qualified to coach.

4. Monitor what you and your kids watch on TV. The show might be funny, but some shows are just wrong. Watch carefully and you will be surprised at how many “kids” programs are simply feeder programs for vulgar MTV reality shows or reinforce this gender neutrality BS.

5. Be there. Spend time with the family. Forgoe the card game tonight with the guys and take your family out to dinner. Be the man of the family.

6. Teach. Yes, the pay sucks, but damn. We need more men in the schools. The little old ladies and feminist 20-somethings right out of college are completely unable to deal with boys.

The idea is to be a presence. Let your kids see you acting like a man. Too many kids are raised by all-female daycare centers. Schools are primarily run by women (count the number of male teachers at your kids school. I counted a total of 1 at the two schools my kids attend).

Make now mistake, there is a liberal conspiracy to demonize all things masculine.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
I refuse to be vanilla.[/quote]

Probably the funniest comment I’ve heard on T-Nation.

Anyway, I skimmed the article, and I’m pretty sure TC, Shugart, or Nate Green would do a much better job writing an article about this.

Its freakin insane that America is OK with this crap.

Also, it’s interesting to notice that the further we distance ourselves from biblical principles in the name of “scientific progress”, the more we screw ourselves up.

I used to think that this was a very serious thing, however I’m begnning to backtrack on that.

Alarmists might say that TV shows and all that are severly influencing young guys and all that, and that all the psycho-bullshit talked about in that article is true.

At the same time, rap is having a tremendous effect on the youth of America, and that’s a culture based off of violence and power (for better or worse). You’ve got a million kids walking around wanting to be hard like 50, and that has a big influence also.

Look at the jails- you throw a thousand guys together who might be in there for a variety of reasons, and all sense of civilization is gone. Gangs are joined or formed, murders occur regularly, and dominance is established by a mix of physical prowess and brains. Nothing more “manly” than that.

You might see this shit in the media all the time, this anti-male diatribe, but I see it very little in real life.

It still isn’t anywhere near cool to be gay. If you act effeminite, you’re still not cool, no matter how straight you claim to be. Physical dominance is still the most important thing, and the aggressive nature that men have is still the thing that’s shaped the world. The CEO’s of top companies probably aren’t androgynous pussies; neither are the athletes and icons of this generation.

I really wouldn’t worry about it too much. If anything, it makes prics like me look that much better.

[quote]PGJ wrote:
Also, it’s interesting to notice that the further we distance ourselves from biblical principles in the name of “scientific progress”, the more we screw ourselves up. [/quote]

Okay, two strikes.

It’s not “science” that is screwing this up and it isn’t “liberals”.

There is no science that says men and women don’t have differences.

As far as I know being liberal or conservative has nothing to do with your views on masculinity.

Howabout sticking to the topic and it’s ills instead of throwing them at your favorite pet peeves.

[quote]SwD wrote:

Well, my 2 year old son knows the diffence. When he wants to play rough it’s daddy and when he has to get his diaper changed it’s mom :slight_smile:

[/quote]

Hahaha, yours too, huh?

"During a history class the girls are encouraged to discuss how boys are sexual predators. The teacher is excited to see how angry the girls are getting. Although one boy tries to defend his gender, another admits to an interviewer, “I couldn’t really defend myself, because it’s true. Men are pigs, you know?”

What the fuck kind of shit is this? Are they really telling young boys to be ashamed to be born a boy?

Why would they take competition out of schools? Competition is a great thing in my opinion. Without competition boys get lazy.

If I didn’t compete with my friends everyday in sports/grades in junior high/HS I would have been bored to beyond death.

I was raised by a single mother yet she still instilled masculinity in me. I remeber my mom telling me when I was young that I should try to talk things out, but if someone picks on me or makes me feel bad for no reason “Hit him really hard in the face, but dont hit girls because they will get hurt more and can’t fight back”… words to live by for boys.

Since when have the virtues of men become character flaws? I hold a door for a woman, as I was taught by my grandfather, and they snap “I can do that myself”

They demand male partners who will submit to every whim, do as they say when they say, go away when they say, etc etc…

I am all for women being equal, but I am NOT for them being superior. Since the beginning of time, men have been the dominant member of society, family, household etc. Why do we think millenia down the road, that this practice that got us where we are, is wrong?

Prime example, my friend broke up with his girlfriend, who lived with him but paid no rent or bills. When she dumped him, he said okay you have three weeks to get out, and I will go on vacation for that three weeks so you have your space. What in hell is going on? After supporting her, paying her bills, and getting dumped, he then surrendered his house for her comfort. This is a prime example of the feminization of men in America. Here is the worst part, after all of this, her and her girlfriends still call him an asshole for kicking her out…