Femara & Lipid Levels

hi
i have been reading that femara lowers lipid levels to a dangerous point. any one else read this? and what should be done to counter it? obi

No statiscally signifigant lower of lipid levels occur. The main concerns are loss of bone marrow density and atrophy of the reproductive tract. If you want to read all about it, here ya go:

Keep in mind most of the studies were done on post menopausal women and animals. Who the hell knows what it does in men. I imagine the numbers are different, but not that much different.

pat36
thanks for the link much appreciated.

can i hijack my own thread?
i found a hormone test kit that uses saliva sample to test for testosterone, estradiol, DHEA, estrone, progesterone, DHT, androstenedione or cortisol. i dont have medical insurance right now and was wondering if any one has ever tried one of these. seems simple enough just mail it in for the results. the kit is called androcheck. only 40 bucks. obi

[quote]obi spun kenobi wrote:
hi
i have been reading that femara lowers lipid levels to a dangerous point. any one else read this? and what should be done to counter it? obi[/quote]

Depends on what type of dose/duration it’s being used and what/how much it’s being used in conjunction with.
Anastrozole is actually more notorious for negatively affecting blood lipids than letrozole.

MK

[quote]mikekatz wrote:
obi spun kenobi wrote:
hi
i have been reading that femara lowers lipid levels to a dangerous point. any one else read this? and what should be done to counter it? obi

Depends on what type of dose/duration it’s being used and what/how much it’s being used in conjunction with.
Anastrozole is actually more notorious for negatively affecting blood lipids than letrozole.

MK
[/quote]

That’s what I’ve also heard about Anastrozle MK. I was told to use Nolva at 10 to 20mg ED, while using it in conjuction with Arima. It’s supposed to help out with the blood lipids.

[quote]Sancho wrote:
mikekatz wrote:
obi spun kenobi wrote:
hi

MK

That’s what I’ve also heard about Anastrozle MK. I was told to use Nolva at 10 to 20mg ED, while using it in conjuction with Arima. It’s supposed to help out with the blood lipids.
[/quote]

That’s pretty much the protocol that I use as well. If one were to take arimidex alone,there’s the chance that estrogen levels could drop to abnormally low levels. And although estrogen has some negative aspects, it most definitely has some benefits (I.E.increased IGF-1 output).
Basically what I do is take 20mg nolvadex daily so that there’s still estrogen circulating but not binding to unwanted receptor sites. If the aromatizables get to be too much for the nolvadex to handle, I immediately include some letrozole at 1.25mg for a day or two and then go back to just nolvadex.

MK

thanks for the feedback guys.
im doing 3 on 2 off 2 on 3 off.
25mg dbol ed
40ml tren ed
femara 1.25 eod and that might be too much
nolva and TRIBEX pct

obi