T Nation

Female Steroid Question

I have a question concerning a female friend who wants to do anabolics. She has been training for a few years, follows a pretty good diet, but has not had the gains she wants. Recently she asked me about doing anabolics. Now I have never done them as I have always been some what happy with my progress and have never felt the need to. I know most of the pros and cons for doing them, but really have no idea where to steer her. I am not looking for any "buy from here type of links" or addresses because I do not want to get anyone in trouble. My main questions are:

1. What would be the best approach for her to obtain them? (ie. doctor, online, etc...)
  2. What type and dose should she take?
  3. Cycling
  4. What type of supplementation should she do? (ie estrogen blockers etc...)

She's about 5'10 170 lbs but wants more muscle (think Dana Bailey's type of physique is her goal). She's pretty strong and athletic but doesn't seem to be adding the type of size she wants. I am serious I really do not know a lot about all of this and am not passing any judgement on anyone because I choose not to do them. But I also don't want to see her get ripped off or get bad stuff, she's a good friend.

1. If she can get fro a doc ( pretty hard to do ). Online is very possible but, must do research and not just buy from the first thing you find because literally for every good lab there are 3 shitty or fake ones. Will just have to lay around and find a reliable source not the hardest thing to do but, can take time.

2. Depends on what she is taking if she has never ran any PED before then I recommend starting with...

Anavar. Normally for a male a Anavar only cycle will get you flamed hard as hell but, for a female it is a very good option. Anavar is a very mild drug and woman I know who have used it really like it for decent strength and size gains. Most common approach I have seen is 20mg daily for 6 weeks. all report very minimal sides other than swollen clitoris but, most don't mind due to the increased sexual stimulation and it does go away when off.

Equipose- Another very good option for females especially if she is already lean will help her lean out a bit more but strength and size gains are much more impressive with this drug than the Anavar but... it can have more sides come along with. Most I have heard is voice started crack and enlarged clitoris. Big problem with this drug is that IF and it is seldom it happens but IF sides do show up she will just have to ride them out for 4-5 weeks. Eq takes about that much time to really kick in and clear the system so... As for dosages recommend starting at 50mg a week if after 5 weeks the cycle is going good then she can up the dosage if she chooses so to say 75mg. Another 2-3 weeks if still not seeing sides then up to 100mg. Cycle length usually runs 16-20 weeks.

If she is looking for a serious cycle for a female then she can combine the two mentioned for great gains

Weeks 1-6
EQ 75-100mg a week
Anavar 20mg daily

Week 7-16
Eq 75-100mg

There are other options but these are the friendliest on a female if she wants to remain feminine. If she is willing to risk it then Test Prop for female can be amazing for strength but facial changes, hair loss or gain, bloat, voice change and slew of other things are all very good possibilities if the drugs are not kept under strict supervision. These side effects are very possible with the drugs above but are much less likely to happen.

1. She wont NEED to take a Estrogen blocker but, my wife personally loves running Eq and Nolvadex just to really keep estrogen and bloat away. AI's at these doses are not needed either atleast not with the drugs mentioned. If she runs Anavar then a good Milk Thistle supplement is not a bad idea how ever doses are so low her liver should not have a problem at all.

Women don't have to run much accessory drugs because one higher estrogen is not as big a deal in a female and also the drug doses are quite a bit lower the drugs don't put as huge a strain on the body... also as added benefit there cycles are usually dirt cheap due not needing a shit load of stuff.

Forget question one. I pretty much know how to obtain them. I know guys who are doing TRT and was probably hoping for a response about how she could go to a doctor and get them rather than on the "street." But I also do not want people to think I am trolling for sources or anything. So unless it is a method to go to a doctor and get them forget about that question.

Thanks a bunch man! I tried to post "forget question one" because I didn't want to be labelled as a "troll" (already happened!) I have read about Anavar and thought it sounded right up her alley. But I am a newb when it comes to the actual use. Like I said I have trained for a while and have never desired to use. But I also am not judging those who do.

seems legit maybe I was wrong just seemed suspicious, suppose I should just keep my mouth shut.

Only way she going to get from a doctor is if she actually does blood work and tests low for what ever in which case he is not going to prescribe more than 25mg of test which would just barely have her over where she should be any way.

No harm no foul!

So with a 6 week cycle of Anavar how long does she cycle off?

I prefer taking a minimum of half the time you were on off so for a 6 week cycle especially with something fast like Anavar 3-4 weeks would be fine.

FWIW, this is Bill Roberts on Anadrol for women:

"While it?s common for bodybuilders to suspect that Anadrol would be an even riskier choice for use by women than most anabolic steroids, actually the reverse is true. Medically, once per day dosing of 50 mg/day over extended periods has shown only a moderate rate of virilization problems. The same certainly cannot be said of Anavar, Dianabol, or Winstrol (stanozolol.) While not necessarily sufficient for high level female bodybuilding competition by today?s standards, such a dose actually is considerably more than needed by most women for excellent results in adding muscle, losing fat, and generally improving their physiques. Half this dose ? 25 mg/day, preferably taken as divided doses ? is very effective and is so far as I know the lowest-risk way to obtain this degree of benefit from anabolic steroids.
Even 12.5 mg/day in divided doses can be remarkably effective."

I have read this before but had no personal experience with a female and the drug so I didn't speak on it.

I've never seen that before. I'd be really curious to see how this works out.

I wouldn't risk anavar.. because chances are it's dbol and not anavar..

id go with something very unlikely to be counterfeited.. like test prop 20-30mg/week

that's just me

I've known a few girls who tried gear. Low dose anavar, EQ, deca, etc.

Horror story sides...hair everywhere...clit enlargement...deep voice...possible permanent infertility.

Steroids make Ken a bigger and stronger version of himself.

Steroids make Barbie a gross, weird pseudo version of Ken...

No offense but I have seem first hand these drugs used in women and they did not have some crazy transformation you are talking about. Sure at high enough doses its possible but not if kept responsible and sides are monitored very closely.

I'm sorry, maybe I missed it- but why exactly is this female asking for advice on anabolic steroids from someone who has never used anabolic steroids and knows nothing about anabolic steroids? Does this make ANY sense to anyone? Does she ask her physician where to get her car fixed too?

None taken. Like I said, o too have seen first hand effects of these drugs in women. The ones you're talking about got lucky and/or just accepted them better. But however you look at it, the fact remains that there is a MUCH larger disparity between risks and benefits for steroid use in females vs steroids use in males.

Now I normally do not recommend prohormones. I have not studied this particular one, but it may be worth looking into because it is a) legal, and b) apparently formulated for women. It is called "halo for her". If I was a woman I wouldn't risk anything blackmarket in the off chance it could produce DHT and give me facial hair or some other side effect. It converts to testosterone and I've seen some testimonials. Out of all of the steroid users I do know, I have never ran into a girl who has trialed it though. The only way she is getting anabolics out of a doctor is by requesting a sex change.

And "halo for her" can be found legally available online.