Female NFL Hopeful

“Holley Mangold is 17, tough, and hopes to become the first woman in the NFL.”

http://www.holleymangold.net/

http://www.holleymangold.net/NFLNetworkVideo.html

http://goofyblog.net/holley-mangold-proves-beefy-fat-chicks-can-play-football-too/

Sigh

Ah, to be young and naive…

Has anyone told her that most HUMAN BEINGS…including some damn good football players…don’t make it in College, much less the NFL???

Aim for the stars, I guess. Nothing wrong with that!

Mufasa

[quote]Mufasa wrote:
Sigh

Ah, to be young and naive…

Has anyone told her that most HUMAN BEINGS…including some damn good football players…don’t make it in College, much less the NFL???

Aim for the stars, I guess. Nothing wrong with that!

Mufasa[/quote]

Very true. But if any woman is capable of playing at that level, my bets are on this girl. Very tough. I wish her all the best.

That is about as likely as a woman competing in the Mr. O. I hope she doesn’t dedicate too much time to that. However, there ARE professional feamle football leagues out there.

Why do some women think they can compete with men in physical sports? Who the FUCK is feeding them this nonsense??? Don’t start citing examples such as Annika Sorenstam or Venus Williams, I ASSURE you if the football equivalent of Venus or Annika was on a football field she would be crushed.

I thought that was really interesting. If she can make a team based on her abilities, she should be able to play. Some girls/women just genuinely enjoy sports like that - no agenda, no ulterior motive.

Did you read about her powerlifting? Holy crap, she recently squatted 525, dl’d 395 and benched 205 for a 1125 total. That’s amazing.

She looks like a phenomenal athlete.

Make no mistake, I’m not implying she can make it in possibly the league with the most amazing talent pool in world sports, but it’s obvious she is destined for great things.

[quote]Jillybop wrote:
I thought that was really interesting. If she can make a team based on her abilities, she should be able to play. Some girls/women just genuinely enjoy sports like that - no agenda, no ulterior motive.

Did you read about her powerlifting? Holy crap, she recently squatted 525, dl’d 395 and benched 205 for a 1125 total. That’s amazing.
[/quote]

But it’s not amazing by Pro football standards. Especially, her bench press is way too low (there are women under 160lbs who can bench well over 300lbs).

Offensive linemen are primarily about size and strength. In college they’re beasts in the NFL they are 300+ lbs monsters.

Of course she is only 15, and she’ll likely get bigger and stronger.

At her age, she is probably stronger can most boys on her highschool football team, but playing in a Division-1 school or in the NFL is another story.

Still, she might at least be able to play division 2 football; but it might be pretty rough on her… the hazing can be bad enough with all-male playes (a few ago, a guy who played football at McGill University was held down while another shoved a broom where brooms ought never be shoved… and the offending players had nothing against him, they just thought that it was par for cours as far as hazing went).

[quote]StevenF wrote:
Why do some women think they can compete with men in physical sports? Who the FUCK is feeding them this nonsense??? Don’t start citing examples such as Annika Sorenstam or Venus Williams, I ASSURE you if the football equivalent of Venus or Annika was on a football field she would be crushed. [/quote]

Venus Williams would win about 5 points over a five set match against a professional male tennis player.

You’d be suprised how few NFL players actually squat 525. Big college linebackers are often in the 450-475 range-granted raw.

[quote]jjoseph_x wrote:
Jillybop wrote:

But it’s not amazing by Pro football standards. Especially, her bench press is way too low (there are women under 160lbs who can bench well over 300lbs).

Offensive linemen are primarily about size and strength. In college they’re beasts in the NFL they are 300+ lbs monsters.

Of course she is only 15, and she’ll likely get bigger and stronger.

At her age, she is probably stronger can most boys on her highschool football team, but playing in a Division-1 school or in the NFL is another story.

Still, she might at least be able to play division 2 football; but it might be pretty rough on her… the hazing can be bad enough with all-male playes (a few ago, a guy who played football at McGill University was held down while another shoved a broom where brooms ought never be shoved… and the offending players had nothing against him, they just thought that it was par for cours as far as hazing went).

[/quote]

[quote]panther2k wrote:

Venus Williams would win about 5 points over a five set match against a professional male tennis player.

[/quote]

Tennis is not a contact sport.

Bad example.

She’ll get trampled.

I wish her the best of luck. also does anyone know what fed she lifted in? also how do you squat 500+ and only dead 395?

[quote]StevenF wrote:
Why do some women think they can compete with men in physical sports? Who the FUCK is feeding them this nonsense??? Don’t start citing examples such as Annika Sorenstam or Venus Williams, I ASSURE you if the football equivalent of Venus or Annika was on a football field she would be crushed. [/quote]

ha ha funny stuff

theres a video of her squat floating around. its a classic highschool squat, barely reaching parallel. that explains the big number on the squat compared to the other numbers.

also, mert, where did you get those numbers on college and nfl squats. From what ive witnessed i would say most D1 college players squat over 500 raw?

[quote]jsbrook wrote:
Very true. But if any woman is capable of playing at that level, my bets are on this girl. Very tough. I wish her all the best. [/quote]

Maybe it’s just me, but I would think that some female kicker out there has a much better shot at the NFL than this girl does. Whatever the case, this girl has ZERO shot, due to her position. A female will NEVER, EVER play in the NFL as an interior lineman.

Also, her views may be tinted a little bit since her brother is Nick Mangold, starting center for the New York Jets.

So to her, making the NFL might not be that big a deal since her brother made it. She may not realize just how incredible it is that her brother has made it, and thinks “he did it, so can I.”

[quote]Ghost22 wrote:
panther2k wrote:

Tennis is not a contact sport.

Bad example.

She’ll get trampled.[/quote]

…in more ways than one.

Oh shit, that was probably sexist. I apologize for this thread inducing the mental image of me tackling The Williams sisters. That was a bad bad thought.

Darn it. I seem to have fallen upon you again and can not seem to get up.

Interestingly enough, it seems like male tennis players are thin, wafish, twinks, whereas a lot of female tennis players are incredibly muscular.

I have a SERIOUS problem with women playing football in school. My problem is that if a man wanted to play volleyball with the girls, they would laugh him out of site, but if a woman wants to play football with the boys, and she doesn’t get her way, then there is a bunch of media attention, and threatening of lawsuits.

That being said, I think that this girl wouldn’t be hazed at all, in fact, I think that the boys would have to be careful not to drop the soap in the shower.

i see the picture on her site but thats just 345. not taking anythign away from that b/c thats where im at. but still i havnt seen a 545 yet.

She only throws 35 in the shot put, whether thats from poor coaching or what that isn’t a very impressive number.