Female Metrosexual?

I prefer more traditional male and female roles, mainly for the sake of a stable and nurturing family unit.

When I say traditional, I don’t mean twits obsessed with fashion and gossip.

We are all born with a certain disposition, but at the end of the day we control our own actions and become the type of women we want to become.

What I strive towards is Proverbs 31: 10-31 where the Bible describes a virtuous wife. She is strong and hardworking, a homemaker and a businesswoman, wise, and kind to the poor. Here are a few lines from that passage:

The heart of her husband safely trusts her; She does him good and not evil all the days of her life.

She girds herself with strength, and strengthens her arms.

She extends her hands to the poor, Yes, she reaches out her hands to the needy.

She considers a field and buys it; From her profits she plants a vineyard.

Strength and honor are her clothing;

She opens her mouth with wisdom, And on her tongue is the law of kindness.

Charm is deceitful and beauty is passing, But a woman who fears the Lord, she shall be praised.

I would think the female version of a metrosexual not too different from the male version.

Overly concerned about appearance, shallow, flitty, trendy, no brain of their own, weak, bitchy, useless, attention-seeking, self-absorbed, etc. etc.

Nobody I’d want to know.

[quote]BostonBarrister wrote:
I think there are two subquestions here:

1. How do a majority of men view such “tomboy” women; and

2. How do a majority of women view such “tomboy” women?

There would be many fewer metrosexual men if there weren’t a large difference in perception on metrosexual men between men and women – in other words, I think that on the average, women see metrosexual men far less negatively than do men.

The readers of T-Mag probably aren’t a representative sample, but you get a good representative of the hyper-masculine view of “tomboy” women here: as Redsol said, they’re vixens.

And generally, I’d guess that, on the average, most masculine guys would view “tomboy” women more positively than would most women. Just a hunch though.[/quote]

Yeah. I think women would be the ones to view it most negatively. But I think that most negative pressure on women to conform and and fit a certain mold, in general, comes from other women and not men. At least at this point in our history [not so much the case earlier].

I absolutely agree. Anyone on this board who derides metrosexuals and then praises women for building big muscles is an idiot. You can’t have it both ways, even if you wish every person on this planet was a man (or at least looked like one).

Plus, I lift weights for ME. I want big. strong muscles. Why the hell would I want a woman to have big, strong muscles? It’s a male trait.

I read a lot of women on this board talking about how they are not attracted to metrosexual-type men because they are too feminine. And that’s totally fine. So why would a woman being masculine be a good thing?

Not that women lifting weights is a bad thing. Just don’t end up . . . looking gross.

And for fuck’s sake don’t reply saying that anyone with this viewpoint must be “intimidated” by strong women. Riiiight. As if having strong muscles and acting like a man is what makes a woman strong.

[quote]danmaftei wrote:
All I see are double standards, people judging by extremes, and no one looking for the middle ground.

1 - “Tomboys are sexy, metroseuxals are stupid retards” is NOT a statement any intelligent person can make.
2 - Not every metrosexual is gay.
3 - Being a tomboy is not always a sign of an independent, strong-willed woman.
4 - The rest of the famale population doesn’t “not do shit because they’re afriad they’ll like, break a nail.”
5 - Judging a man’s worth based on antique values is quite an odd thing to do.

I could give a shit about how you act. Personally, I don’t find “tomboys” attractive. I don’t think being a tomboy means that you are instantly a strong-willed individual, nor do I find women snorting caps then deadlifting 350 lbs sexy. Neither do I think a man is a pussy, or a fag, or a worthless human being if he takes care of how he looks, or if, God forbid, he shows emotion every now and then.

What I find attractive, what I find respectful, and what I find necessary, is a middle ground. A man is not a man if he is a wall. A man is not a man if he doesn’t love. And a chick isn’t hot if all she cares about are her nails, nor is she hot if all she cares about is taking a shit, drinking a beer, and chopping down a tree. Think Daoist.[/quote]

So long as you dont drink pints, fart or act like one of the slags off sex and the city at the other end of the spectrum, we’d get on.

[quote]Natural Nate wrote:
Not that women lifting weights is a bad thing. Just don’t end up . . . looking gross.

[/quote]

And this is why so many women don’t lift weights. To end up looking “gross” you have to take steroids of some kind.

Do you think it is difficult to gain muscle as a man? How in the hell is the average woman going to look “gross”? How many women do you run accross that lift and look like a she-man?

[quote]christine wrote:
Natural Nate wrote:

And this is why so many women don’t lift weights. To end up looking “gross” you have to take steroids of some kind.

Do you think it is difficult to gain muscle as a man? How in the hell is the average woman going to look “gross”? How many women do you run accross that lift and look like a she-man?

[/quote]

Once again, we dive in the pool of personal opinion and preference. Natural Nate, I suppose you find a woman with the physique like AG1 gross. Fine. Great. Glad to know. On the other hand, there are those of us that think contrary.

The original question was what do you call a woman that follows non traditional girl interests (working on cars vs. shopping; weight training vs. manicure/pedicure; beer vs. wine; leather vs. lace).

Your answer is: gross. Right, or wrong?

Head on over to the Women with Muscle thread and you’ll see dozens.

Also see pictures of Gojira. (Normally saying something like that would be incredibly rude but in this case I’m betting Gojira will take it as a compliment . . . she’s got huge muscles).

[quote]christine wrote:

[/quote]

[quote]gojira wrote:

Are women like myself looked down upon as metrosexual men are because we do not follow traditional roles?

Comments? [/quote]

Gojira I honestly thought you were a man. Guess you never know these days.

[quote]christine wrote:
Natural Nate wrote:

[/quote]

I have certainly seen women that I think have gotten bigger than is optimally appealing. I don’t think all of them are on drugs. In the muscular women thead, I don’t think all of those women are attractive, some of whom still look to be natural. But I do agree that it’s rare. Few if any of the women whose pictures I’ve seen on this site or in real life fit that bill.

[quote]kroby wrote:
christine wrote:
Natural Nate wrote:

Once again, we dive in the pool of personal opinion and preference. Natural Nate, I suppose you find a woman with the physique like AG1 gross. Fine. Great. Glad to know. On the other hand, there are those of us that think contrary.

The original question was what do you call a woman that follows non traditional girl interests (working on cars vs. shopping; weight training vs. manicure/pedicure; beer vs. wine; leather vs. lace).

Your answer is: gross. Right, or wrong?[/quote]

I call a woman who follows those interests an athlete, a lifter. Just as easily as not. You people need to meet more people. You can’t place people into tiny boxes.

I absolutely agree. Anyone on this board who derides metrosexuals and then praises women for building big muscles is an idiot. [/quote]

I’d love to hear the rationale behind that.

The image of the metrosexual has grown into a preening narccisist possessed of little strength of character, and obsessed with shallow, near meaningless things. Social submission taken to an extreme, adopting name brand identities in lieu of a personality of their own.

The image of the grown tomboy or “testosterone woman” is of one who ignores social constraints in pursuit of a genuine expression of who they are.

It makes perfect sense to deride the one if you appreciate the other.

Also see pictures of Gojira. (Normally saying something like that would be incredibly rude but in this case I’m betting Gojira will take it as a compliment . . . she’s got huge muscles).

[/quote]

Huge muscles? Really? Wow. gojira, you have nice muscles, but they aren’t huge. Not by a long shot.

I think the perfect meduim would be someone like Kelly Ryan or Monica Brandt. Very sexy, incredible body, not afraid to sweat and workout hard but still very femine and yet hardcore enough to do 25-life for murder.

My kinda woman.

Very astute observation, Northcott.

And I suggest you go back and read my entire post rather than judge my contribution to this thread based on 2 sentences that someone else replied to.

[quote]kroby wrote:
christine wrote:
Natural Nate wrote:

Your answer is: gross. Right, or wrong?[/quote]

Oh for christ’s sake . . . FOR A WOMAN.

[quote]kroby wrote:
Natural Nate wrote:

Huge muscles? Really? Wow. gojira, you have nice muscles, but they aren’t huge. Not by a long shot.[/quote]

Your answer is?

Oh for christ’s sake . . . FOR A WOMAN.

kroby wrote:
Natural Nate wrote:

Huge muscles? Really? Wow. gojira, you have nice muscles, but they aren’t huge. Not by a long shot.

[/quote]

I have to agree. I wouldn’t be calling her as gross by any means.

Inspirational-yes. Gross-no.

Yes, I have seen that thread and while some are chemically enhanced, I think that the others look terrific.

I think the female analog to the male metrosexual would be a communist vegan skank. The reason for this is simply that the word “metrosexual” implies the type of thinking and sensibilites that you see in “enlightened” urbanites. Of course, the more you try to generalize, the blurrier it becomes.