T Nation

Female Hypocracy

In the last 5 years my wife has had

1. breast augmentation*
  2. liposuction
  3. tummy tuck
  • my wife intentionally sought a doctor that would give her silicon implants (even though they were banned for cosmetic reasons) because the media reports were “exaggerated”

she found one that would check the “reconstructive” box

My wife is seeking leg vein treatment and considering laser resurfaceing of her face.

So at age 36 I begin my first cycle of aas. I consulted her as I believe I should. Instead of the support I gave her for her sugurys I instead hear suddenly she is soo concerned about it and says she “doesn’t understand it” and “does not support my descision”

My question to forum is how come a woman can get HRT, or any cosmetic operation she darn well pleases just on a whim. While men are reduced to back allys and conversion kits.

Think about it seriously, honestly the issue isn’t that different between men’s concerns and women’s.

But yet again the law appearently favors females, and so does society!

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Because we are men, and should not need artifical enhancement, but make do with what we have, whatever cards are dealt us.

Just wanted to give you a female opinion. I have had plastic surgery and my husband has been very supportive.

If you want your wife’s support you need to educate her and find out what her concerns are. If my hubby wanted to take steriods I would have concerns. I would worry because I love him. Find out why she does not want you to take them. Explain why you want to take them and what are the dangers and benefits. I am sure you worried about her when she had her surgeries.

Good luck!

Like cvb said, just explain to her why you want to use them and explain how they can be safe.

Steroids can be harmful, that is, if they are abused or used wrong. But, that is how almost every medication out there is.

[quote]fatsuperman wrote:
I
So at age 36 I begin my first cycle of aas. I consulted her as I believe I should. Instead of the support I gave her for her sugurys I instead hear suddenly she is soo concerned about it and says she “doesn’t understand it” and “does not support my descision”

[/quote]

she is a woman, what why you think to find any trace of logic in her?

it’s all about society, culture and media…

mix them all an you get the real world.

It’s common for a woman to take hormone, it’s normal for them to use surgery…

but it’s not good for a man to pain his hair :wink:

i think it is a false problem however.

i haven’t told to my girl of my cycle… simply i don’t care what she may think… :wink:

These are 2 separate issues. Yes, there is a definite double-standard in society. But I think the ultimate decision lies with you.

Would your wife had proceeded if you had unfounded objections to her surgeries?

Bottom Line: Be a man.

Amen brother. Double standard like no other.

Don’t forget that women can get test(thats right, TEST) replacement fairly easily now. And estrogen is an afterthought, thats like like picking up groceries.

My lady friend doesn’t seem to care about my frige full of supplements much, other than the usual “your obsessed” crap.

Goes in one ear and out the other.

Did you try and explain to her what research you’ve done about AAS? That you might very well understand more about them than about any number of medications she takes for various things? That many people use AAS irresponsibly and that they’ve given them a bad name for no good reason? That all you’re trying to do is use everything available to make yourself happier, healthier, better-looking, and stronger?

I hope she’ll come around; I know my girlfriend did after we had a long conversation where I told her I understood her concerns, shared some of them (about potential health risks), that I had similar concerns about her taking birth control pills (ever look at the side effect list for those?), and that I wouldn’t do anything reckless and irresponsible?

Until I clarified for my girlfriend, she didn’t know the difference between anabolic steroids and the corticosteroids we gave her dog when it had some health problems. Your wife may not understand the distinction and might be misinformed thanks to scare tactics used by the media. Educate her as you’ve hopefully educated yourself and see what happens.

Jesus dude. For the price you paid for all that “beauty” you could’ve been cruising in a new Dodge Viper. Was it worth it?

Give me the Viper any day…

Divorce the B---- if she is going to throw that back at you. You shouldn’t need to explain… I’m sure she didn’t have to expain what she did.

If she is just worried about any health concerns then tell her you have done the research… you shouldn’t need to expain yourself.

She conceded to let me start the cycle, but wanted me to inform her when it began.

I’m a couple of weeks into a straight test prop cycle.

Her main concern was ‘roid rage’, we have 3 small kids and she is very sensistive to what I say and do. I can easly upset her.

The good news is I’ve not displayed any roid rage issues. The bad news I’m horny as hell and the damn kids keep trying to interupt the sex. Even though she is giving it up at night I still am jerking off a couple times a day on top of that.

But to be quite honest, I think she has some insecurities about my gaining size via body building aas or not.

She married me when I was a skinny, but fat 145 lbs. and 5’ 11". I never picked up a dumbell or barbell until I was 32. I got to a pretty decent 200 lbs with little fat naturally.

I get ALOT more attention from women, than before we were married. I never worked out to attract women, but for myself, I’m defeating the skinny kid inside.

I’m not sure if it is her fear caused by media hype, her expressed worry about roid rage, or her insecurities about my recent gains in size.

She frankly doesn’t want to talk about the subject at all, and cuts off the conversation when I speak about how I’ve done my reasearch and doing my cycle responsibly.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

It definately sounds like she is insecure about herself.

It sounds like you have supported her through her endevours to ‘better’ herself, she should be giving you the same support !

[quote]Yargrev. wrote:
It definately sounds like she is insecure about herself.

It sounds like you have supported her through her endevours to ‘better’ herself, she should be giving you the same support ![/quote]

On top of that assure her of your affection for her & make her understand that in a way it for her, cuz in a way your also repaying for better herself (whether u asked for it or not). So it’s only fair

She conceded to let me start the cycle, but wanted me to inform her when it began.
[/quote]

conceded?! oh my god…

i’m sorry for you…

LOL… next time you think to have kids… go to the cinema instead :stuck_out_tongue:

may be… training can trasform a beta to an Alpha…

all of them… insecurity as a big one IMO

I think she has the right to be concerened. But it depends what she’s upset about. There are real health risks associated with steroid use that can be minimized but never entirely eliminated with intelligent use and proper PCT. But the same is true for cosmetic surgery. What is her actual issue with your use?

I’m a couple of weeks into a straight test prop cycle.

Her main concern was ‘roid rage’, we have 3 small kids and she is very sensistive to what I say and do. I can easly upset her.

The good news is I’ve not displayed any roid rage issues. The bad news I’m horny as hell and the damn kids keep trying to interupt the sex. Even though she is giving it up at night I still am jerking off a couple times a day on top of that.

But to be quite honest, I think she has some insecurities about my gaining size via body building aas or not.

She married me when I was a skinny, but fat 145 lbs. and 5’ 11". I never picked up a dumbell or barbell until I was 32. I got to a pretty decent 200 lbs with little fat naturally.

I get ALOT more attention from women, than before we were married. I never worked out to attract women, but for myself, I’m defeating the skinny kid inside.

I’m not sure if it is her fear caused by media hype, her expressed worry about roid rage, or her insecurities about my recent gains in size.

She frankly doesn’t want to talk about the subject at all, and cuts off the conversation when I speak about how I’ve done my reasearch and doing my cycle responsibly.[/quote]

Ah. I see. It does sound like she is somewhat insecure in herself and in your relationship.

[quote]cadav wrote:
fatsuperman wrote:

conceded?! oh my god…

i’m sorry for you…

[/quote]

Dude, I feel sorry for you, too. Many of my best friends are whipped too. Unfortunately for them, their wives are also easily upset and they are no longer “allowed” to hang out with me anymore! Best advice I can give is to gradually become more independent from her. (Don’t do it all at once, or she’ll blame the 'roids!) heh heh…

Also, stop trying to “win her over”/convince her. Keep quiet about it, and it’ll be a “non-issue” in no time. Unless of course she likes to drag up a bunch of shit and fight about it! Good Luck!!

As absurd as ever…

Why not ask your wife if she would prefer you get some implants for an overly muscular chest, a perfect six pack and perhaps a bit of liposuction because a friend mentioned your arse is looking a little bigger.

…then she will be concerned!

Why not mention the story you once ‘read’ about the breast augmentation that and exploded on a plane killing everyone and everything for 15 square miles , or the liposction that went too far and the patient was so thin she was blown away by her own fart…honestly

There you go I wrote it…so it must be true.