T Nation

Female - 300lbs Deadlift - Raw

Last day of deadlifting for a couple weeks before my competition…I’ve only hit 300 before in the competition environment with the crowd, adrenaline, etc., …so finally being able to hit this in the gym was satisfying… going for 330+ on November 8th with the 100% Raw and AAPF Federations.

nicely done. your form looked really solid the whole way through, i’d think you’ll be able to pull a very good number at your meet. good luck!

nice lift :slight_smile:

Good lifting. One thing I noticed from your other videos as compared to this one is when you dropped your ass down more you were way more explosive and it looked easy for you. I believe it was one of your videos that I checked out on your link with 275 or 285. Basically, this video of 300 looked easier for you than then lighter pulls IMO.

To me, if you keep that in mind to drop the behind more, you should see at least 10-15 more than what your goal is.

Overall, damn good lift and grab that 1st place trophy!

[quote]SergeantQ wrote:
Good lifting. One thing I noticed from your other videos as compared to this one is when you dropped your ass down more you were way more explosive and it looked easy for you. I believe it was one of your videos that I checked out on your link with 275 or 285. Basically, this video of 300 looked easier for you than then lighter pulls IMO.

To me, if you keep that in mind to drop the behind more, you should see at least 10-15 more than what your goal is.

Overall, damn good lift and grab that 1st place trophy![/quote]

Ah! Thank you for the observation and emphasis on dropping my hips…that is something I used to essentially forget! Practically stiff-legging it! I’ll be sure to put it at the top of the mental check list.

Thank you!

Wow! Great lifting. What weight class do you compete in? Secondarily, I think I’m in love.

[quote]triathloncoach wrote:
Wow! Great lifting. What weight class do you compete in? Secondarily, I think I’m in love. [/quote]

hahaha.

I competed in the 148lb weight class in May, but I dropped ten pounds of water weight to get there! Will be aiming to cut weight the legit way for competition in January at the Raw Unity meet. Not sure yet if I’ll make it to 148lb or 165lb weight class for upcoming meet in November. I know I probably won’t need to in order to potentially win…but you can bet I’ll need to for the RawUnity in January!

Nice lift! I agree with the hips comment. The other thing I noticed is you start with a bend in your elbows. The arms should just be hooks, they shouldn’t bend.

Good luck in November (and January), be sure to post results.

Great pull, and good job with your form.
I’m no powerlifter, but have you ever tried pulling the flex out of the bar before ripping it off the floor?

[quote]Ruggerlife wrote:
Nice lift! I agree with the hips comment. The other thing I noticed is you start with a bend in your elbows. The arms should just be hooks, they shouldn’t bend.

Good luck in November (and January), be sure to post results.[/quote]

Ahh, thanks, yes, I’ve gotten in a really bad habit with the elbows bending and even if I think about it before, I naturally end up bending them…I’ve gotta too used to doing, convinced my mind (or my body?) that I need to for power. Grr!

[quote]Sharp4850 wrote:
Great pull, and good job with your form.
I’m no powerlifter, but have you ever tried pulling the flex out of the bar before ripping it off the floor?
[/quote]

Yeah, I very recently learned about that technique…I think I actually did try to in that lift, but I still ended up bending my elbows, which probably defeats the purpose of taking the slack out of the bar.

Something that I see that helps new lifters is if you relax your upper back on the floor up lifts you tend to not try to bend your arms. As well your lower back does not seem arched. I know when you get to maximal weights that your technique is not perfect, but I think if you strengthened your lower back you’d be set.

[quote]Brother Chris wrote:
Something that I see that helps new lifters is if you relax your upper back on the floor up lifts you tend to not try to bend your arms. As well your lower back does not seem arched. I know when you get to maximal weights that your technique is not perfect, but I think if you strengthened your lower back you’d be set. [/quote]

Ah, I’ll practice the upperback relaxing technique this week…my lowerback is actually very arched in this video, but you can’t see it because my belt is so damn thick. If you ever see my most challenginging squat attempts, it ends up being more like a good morning for me due to lower back strength.

Either way, thanks for the critique/suggestions!

That was awesome!

awesome as always.

sighs and giggles

AR

[quote]kimbakimba wrote:
That was awesome![/quote]

x2! Thanks for sharing.

[quote]Arnoldrocks wrote:
awesome as always.

sighs and giggles

AR[/quote]

your avatar is awesome!!

[quote]Ruggerlife wrote:
The other thing I noticed is you start with a bend in your elbows. The arms should just be hooks, they shouldn’t bend.
[/quote]

x2. A lot of people rip there biceps by this

Great lift

[quote]Arnoldrocks wrote:
awesome as always.

sighs and giggles

AR[/quote]

heheh, “sighs and giggles”

You emote well online.

chuckles and the appreciates entertainment value

[quote]ALKoHoLiK wrote:
Ruggerlife wrote:
The other thing I noticed is you start with a bend in your elbows. The arms should just be hooks, they shouldn’t bend.

x2. A lot of people rip there biceps by this

Great lift[/quote]

Eeesh, I know! Probably most valuable thing I’ve gotten from T-Nation posts “Girl, quit bending your elbows!”

I will work on it :slight_smile: I have to think about it really hard to keep myself from doing it…clearly, I didn’t think hard enough on this set.

Thanks for your critique. Appreciated!