Felt Like I Was Going to Die

After getting through 2/3’s of my workout today I started sweating profusely, became lightheaded and almost puked. This feeling lasted for like 10 to 15 minutes I guess. I have not felt like this since I first started seriously working out over 1 year ago. I did increase the weight of all my lifts today and my guess is that I just over did it. So, I didn’t finish my workout. I just cooled off and then stretched and had my Surge. Does this happen to anyone else? And did I do the right thing by just stop lifting?
Thanks

Sounds like my daily bout with flaxseed oil…

Vagal nerve stimulation can be a biatch, dude. Sounds like you just “vagaled out” a little bit. Were you doing strenuous lifts and holding your breath under a lot of weight? Did you see “sparkles” at any point?

[quote]Boondoggler wrote:
Sounds like my daily bout with flaxseed oil…[/quote]

lol… I hear ya.

This happened to me with Don Alessi’s Meltdown training. I felt off-color for a good hour.

Sounds like a blood sugar problem, what was your pre workout meal like and when was it in relation to your workout? Might want to consider sipping a half serving of Surge during your workout.

[quote]deanosumo wrote:
This happened to me with Don Alessi’s Meltdown training. I felt off-color for a good hour.[/quote]

Same here with meltdown - actually did puke in the sink of the gym.

Same thing happens to me sometimes if I use high reps (like 8 to 12) and short rest periods for bench or deads. I start to feel a bit odd, then if I keep going I’ll get the sweats and usually dry heave for five minutes or so. After about 15 minutes I feel perfectly normal. I suspect this is some reaction to sustained high blood pressure or rapidly changing blood pressure. Using heavy weights, 3 to 6 reps, won’t cause a problem - I might get light headed doing heavy deads, but won’t get any sick feeling.