Fellow Fatties: Sympathy for Hardgainers?

I don’t have sympathy for fat-asses period, no matter why they’re fat. They are a total drain on society. First of all, it’s bad enough that we are forced to look at them in the winter, but the summer months are downright cruel. Between May and September fatties should remain indoors, like bears in hibernation.

But beyond that, fatties drain resources. Their cars don’t get the same gas mileage that normal people’s cars do. They also do that much more damage to the roadways due to their unnecessary girth. Plus, fat fucks never walk anywhere. If it was practical, they’d all have little golf carts to get from their couch to their fridge to their shitter. They waste gas by driving everywhere. They also need way more clothing than they should, which means more textile manufacturing which means more pollution and a scarcity of raw materials for clothing. Fat fuckers also put out more BTU’s per hour than normal people do and as such they are contributing to global warming more. They also eat too much food, most of which is fast food and is way over-packaged. Their eating habits not only contribute to the growing number of garbage in our landfills, it also is a huge burden on the healthcare system. Plus, fatties eat more, so they shit more which means that much more raw sewage getting dumped all over the place and an increase of methane gas in the atmosphere.

Fuck fat people. They should be purged from society with a highly-aggressive program that encourages people to ridicule them at every juncture to the point where they are shamed into dieting or suicide, preferably suicide since we already have too many people on this planet and fat fuckers are all a bunch of lazy pieces of shit who take more than they give, along with a rigid taxation plan that has fat fuckers repaying society for all their ill ways and immoral lifestyle that the rest of us normal people are footing the bill for.

I mean, am I right, or am I right?

As somebody who once almost considered himself a hard gainer(I was very young don’t judge me!) I’ll tell you for me personally it was a load of fucking shit. It was self deceit. You tell yourself that so you have an excuse why you aren’t where you want to be. It’s nothing short of corrupting your own gains. You think your a hard gainer? Why don’t you fucking write down every last thing you intake and add up the calories and break down the grams of fat, the protein, and the carbs. Until you do that religiously you can’t possibly determine weather or not your a “hard gainer”. Of course upon doing that any hard gainer will realize that they are nothing more than an under eater… And while I was never a fat person I would bet a large chunk of money the same strategy would work for them.

I do have sympathy as I was once there but I see through to the defeatist nature of giving yourself such labels.

I thought I was a hard gainer before I joined T-Nation. Not a skinny person by any means, just naturally quite broad but always thought id stay this weight and there was nothing I could do about it. Before training, my weight was about 180 eating shit, thinking I was eating loads. Quite lean too. Due to my job I thought there was no way I’d gain weight, realised that’s a load of bull, upped the milk to 4.5 litres a day and bingo, the scales gone up. I’m at 200 now 5ft 9 and continuing to grow. Excuses are 9/10 the problem… I know soo many people including my old man who ’ can’t gain weight ’ … I say eat more… and its always ‘I’m eating loads’ . Dedication is the name of the game… truth is most people don’t have it.

[quote]DBCooper wrote:
I
Fuck fat people. I mean, am I right, or am I right?[/quote]

o rly?

[quote]dshroy wrote:

[quote]DBCooper wrote:
I
Fuck fat people. I mean, am I right, or am I right?[/quote]

o rly?
[/quote]

Work must be moving at a snails pace, huh?

The grass is always fucking greener, there is no right side.

I personally envy people that don’t need to spend 2hrs/week in the grocery store, 4 hrs/week cooking, plus an extra $30 on cheat meals at fast food places plus money on protein powders just to get enough calories to grow. It’s fucking expensive and takes a lot of time out of my week. Oh and by the way - a skinny person with a big apetite whose maintenance calories is 4,000 is JUST AS HUNGRY eating 3,000 calories a day (to diet) as is a tiny girl eating 1,200 per day to lose weight because APPETITE IS RELATIVE. You eat more and STILL aren’t satisfied, how in the fuck is it better?

And I expect people in the opposite camp have opposite arguments.

Oh and you know how much pure time I spend a day eating? I don’t even want to count it… I could get so much more shit done if I could eat 2800 cals/day and achieve my goals

[quote]SSC wrote:
Gregron and LiquidMercury, you guys are fucking delusional and ignorant if you really believe that that is the case 100% of the time[/quote]

Did you even read my original post? obviously not based on what you wrote here^^ so I’ll quote it for you below

[quote]gregron wrote:
most people dont really have sympathy for fat people because it is their own damn fault (99% of the time)
[/quote]

^^Wrong assumption. I definitely had issues with gaining weight when growing up. I was a scrawny 5’11" and 160lbs when I graduated highschool… I was constantly trying to put on weight in high school and college for football but was never a “big” guy. So yeah you’re wrong

SSC - For a guy on this site who is pretty consistent with the “no excuses, it’s all about personal accountability” stuff I’m surprised to see you posting the crap you’re posting. You were a very fat guy, now you’re not a very fat guy. Regardless of what issues you had, you got the job done. Why don’t you expect others to do the same?

[quote]gregron wrote:

[quote]SSC wrote:
Gregron and LiquidMercury, you guys are fucking delusional and ignorant if you really believe that that is the case 100% of the time[/quote]

Did you even read my original post? obviously not based on what you wrote here^^ so I’ll quote it for you below

[quote]gregron wrote:
most people dont really have sympathy for fat people because it is their own damn fault (99% of the time)
[/quote]

^^Wrong assumption. I definitely had issues with gaining weight when growing up. I was a scrawny 5’11" and 160lbs when I graduated highschool… I was constantly trying to put on weight in high school and college for football but was never a “big” guy. So yeah you’re wrong [/quote]

Screw you. I graduated at a whopping 130 lbs. Granted now I find it much easier to lose weight than gain it.

I think it’s obvious that genetics play a large part in your bodytype, but it’s just not 100%.

For example, I know I’m apt to gain fat, but I also know that I’m just making it worse by having the sour cream on those burritos I just had for breakfast.

[quote]Jaybee wrote:

[quote]LiquidMercury wrote:
@Jaybee - hard loser. Just lost 29 lbs eating ridiculously clean, doing a helluva lot more cardio than I ever wanted to do and it all sucked but hey I’m happy with the results so can’t complain about that.[/quote]

Then congratulations on a job well done, my good man, I hope you enjoy all the benefits your new look bestows upon you with relish!

Though a simple, “I’m an unsympathetic, hard loser, ex-fatty bastard” would have sufficed. :)[/quote]

Stop your bitching, if anyone was a hard gainer I was a hard gainer, I had a worm for 6 months and I only gained 20 lbs on newbie gains alone, after I got the worms taken care of, I blew up to 310. Went down to wrestling weight almost every year. After I stopped sports, I ballooned up to 340-350 for a month or so after track (I was 305 at the end of t&f), dropped to 310 again. Now, I’m sitting at 280.

[quote]scj119 wrote:
Oh and you know how much pure time I spend a day eating? I don’t even want to count it… I could get so much more shit done if I could eat 2800 cals/day and achieve my goals[/quote]

Learn to eat faster.

Definitely a hard gainer.

[quote]LiquidMercury wrote:
Definitely a hard gainer.[/quote]

Hard gainer to me means that you don’t know how to eat. Or you have an illness that can be cured by modern technology that you need to fix; otherwise you’ll waste away.

I’m in absolute agreement. Vice versa fat asses are simply people lacking mental fortitude and laziness barring illness/severe injury (and even this one is workable with).

[quote]Nards wrote:
I think it’s obvious that genetics play a large part in your bodytype, but it’s just not 100%.

For example, I know I’m apt to gain fat, but I also know that I’m just making it worse by having the sour cream on those burritos I just had for breakfast.[/quote]

I love your new av :smiley:

[quote]debraD wrote:

[quote]Nards wrote:

For example, I know I’m apt to gain fat, but I also know that I’m just making it worse by having the sour cream on those burritos I just had for breakfast.[/quote]

I love your new av :D[/quote]

It’s heroic ^^

[quote]debraD wrote:

[quote]Nards wrote:

I love your new av :D[/quote]

Thanks!

It’s the Jets shirt that does it right?

[quote]DBCooper wrote:
I don’t have sympathy for fat-asses period, …

I mean, am I right, or am I right?[/quote]

You’re right, but you’re also a hypocrite. Get rid of the fuck ugly avatar, and then we’ll talk about aesthetic pollution.