Feinstein Corruption Scandal?

More news on political corruption in DC, but this time with liberal Democrat Dianne Feinstein is the crosshairs:

http://www.metroactive.com/feinstein/

It is lengthy, so I did not copy and paste, but according to Melanie Sloan of Citizens for Responsible Ethics in Washington:

“There are a number of members of Congress with conflicts of interest. [California Republican Congressman John T.] Doolittle, for example, hired his wife as a fundraiser, and she skimmed 15 percent off of all campaign contributions. Others, like [former] Speaker [Dennis] Hastert and Cong. [Ken] Calvert were earmarking federal money for roads to enhance the value of property held by their families…But because of the amount of money involved,” Sloan continues, “Feinstein’s conflict of interest is an order of magnitude greater than those conflicts.”

Now, a big winning point for the Congressional changeover in 2006 was the dissatisfaction with government scandal on behalf of the GOP.

But after the outrage of Duke Cunningham and Speaker Hastert, will we see an outrage at Feinstein’s behavior? Or will “reform” stop at the partisan water’s edge?

[quote]thunderbolt23 wrote:
More news on political corruption in DC, but this time with liberal Democrat Dianne Feinstein is the crosshairs:

http://www.metroactive.com/feinstein/

It is lengthy, so I did not copy and paste, but according to Melanie Sloan of Citizens for Responsible Ethics in Washington:

“There are a number of members of Congress with conflicts of interest. [California Republican Congressman John T.] Doolittle, for example, hired his wife as a fundraiser, and she skimmed 15 percent off of all campaign contributions. Others, like [former] Speaker [Dennis] Hastert and Cong. [Ken] Calvert were earmarking federal money for roads to enhance the value of property held by their families…But because of the amount of money involved,” Sloan continues, “Feinstein’s conflict of interest is an order of magnitude greater than those conflicts.”

Now, a big winning point for the Congressional changeover in 2006 was the dissatisfaction with government scandal on behalf of the GOP.

But after the outrage of Duke Cunningham and Speaker Hastert, will we see an outrage at Feinstein’s behavior? Or will “reform” stop at the partisan water’s edge? [/quote]

I am predicting another partisan cry-storm. It really sucks that we live in a country that has to politicize unethical behavior. I could care less what side of the isle someone sits on…if their actions are questionable then we should be questioning them. I hope the dems do it first before being attacked by the reps to do it and show some class. Why must everthing be polarized?

Thanks for posting that, Thunder. It demonstrates one of the curses of a mixed economy, that legal looters can abuse their powers at the expense of the public treasury.

I had heard some of this on Limbaugh a while back and he was wondering why none of this comes before the mainstream media.

bump

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
Thanks for posting that, Thunder. It demonstrates one of the curses of a mixed economy, that legal looters can abuse their powers at the expense of the public treasury.

I had heard some of this on Limbaugh a while back and he was wondering why none of this comes before the mainstream media.[/quote]

It doesn’t come out because Hillary is the new media darling even Rupert Murdoch has given her complete support.

I have read no less than 4 stories this week about Feinstein and her hubby’s business.

Fire the bitch. The American people don’t need self-serving assholes in office.

I saw the Feinstein article, and thought of another gal that does not necessarily practive what she preaches.

http://www.investors.com/editorial/editorialcontent.asp?secid=1501&status=article&id=247191278714751

Dems or Reps, there are too many imposters in the government.